WELCOME TO THE EP GRIDIRON FORUM                                                                                                            FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES: CLICK HERE

Index > EP GRIDIRON - News and Opinions > - VARSITY > El paso Socorro and hiring question
Forum: - VARSITY
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
El paso Socorro and hiring question

I just found a former Permian basin guy got this job!
Congrats coach Garcia!

I want to know why Socorro isd only allowed him to hire one guy?
Is this the way it is at all el paso schools?

Re: El paso Socorro and hiring question

Yes and will that be Garcias excuse for not being able to win at Socorro???

Chuck Veliz beat 5A Abilene when he coached at Del Valle when Del Valle was 5A in 2002 and Del Valle is right next door to Socorro. So no excuses.

It's never a good thing when a coach is hired and not allowed to bring in his own guys.

Garcia never said that,
Wow this msg board is amazing..
Where did you get that from?
Haha.. Funny stuff

I think mist coaches woukd rather bring their guys, it's a loyalty issue,
ESP when you are new to the area..

Rebstakestate,it has to do with hiring freeze. The education budget and all that stuff. Usually you can atleast bring or pick your coordinators and a couple of other coaches.

This guy went 0-10 and 1-9 as an Offensive Coordinator at Levelland! Ridiculous hire! I don't mind bringing in a coach from out of town as long as he is a winner. There were plenty of WINNING Coordinators in town that applied for that job! Like I said I don't mind out of town coaches as long as they have a winning past.

Being that he was not a head coach, I feel that the whole record thing matters not. It could have been the philosophy of that head coach that led to the poor showing of the last team. What you can look at is the stats of that teams O or D, but even with that there's no garuntee that those #'s truly represent what that coordinator brings to the table. When you're not the man you can't do as you want all the time. You can only truly begin to judge him from this point forward.
Also, why don't some of these coordinators who are so successful just apply elsewhere? El paso isn't the only place with head coach openings!

What is it with Socorro and hiring coaches from losing programs? Didn't they learn their lesson when they brought in that terrible El Paso H.S. coach. He was in charge of one of the weaker programs in El Paso 4A and they bring him up to 5A so he can completly scrap an already struggling program!
They should have brought in a coach that at least had a history of rebuilding a program instead of a coach fresh off a 1-9 season.
I honestly hope this guy can make Socorro competetive again 30-40 point blowouts in every game are no fun for anyone including the visiting players fans and coaches.I really feel bad for this program and believe me I know how it feels because Eastwood was in the same boat two seasons back. I hope this coach can turn it around but I'm not holding my breath.

Eastwood is still on that boat.

Last 3 years
Eastwood 3 wins 27 losses
Socorro 8 wins 22 losses

Socorro actually has more wins with less losses than Eastwood.

TrooperX be in reality don't be dreaming with your eyes open as if Eastwood is out of the abyss.

Eastwood is in the same boat as Socorro does not matter who the coach is today. Records are records.

Reality is a bummer and reality is that Eastwood has only won 3 games in 3 years and Socorro has won 8 games in 3 years.

Dreaming about a better future is easy to do but reality is reality.

Quote: Oscar

Last 3 years
Socorro 8 wins 22 losses

TrooperX be in reality don't be dreaming with your eyes open as if Eastwood is out of the abyss.

Eastwood is in the same boat as Socorro does not matter who the coach is today. Records are records.

Reality is a bummer and reality is that Eastwood has only won 3 games in 3 years and Socorro has won 8 games in 3 years.

I agree trooperx posts on this board like they climbed out of the cellar, worry about your own team, socorro isn't your problem, start a new post on eastwood so we can comment, and in my opinion unless you guys go to 4A you got no shot in 5A.

Hey don't feel so bad. The coach who left socorro to the center area has already left that school also. Only lasted a year there. I believe his name was ferrel.

Quote: cactus

Last 3 years
Socorro 8 wins 22 losses

I agree trooperx posts on this board like they climbed out of the cellar, worry about your own team, socorro isn't your problem, start a new post on eastwood so we can comment, and in my opinion unless you guys go to 4A you got no shot in 5A.
Are you really not understanding. What I'm saying? Eastwood was getting blown out in every game two seasons ago and had coaching issues .That was where Scorro was last season
Eastwood has a long way to go but they beat Socorro by over. 30 points. Laat season and will do it again this season
That does not look like they're in the same boat to me. Good luck next season you're gpnna need it.

Last 3 years Eastwood has only won 3 games and have lost 27 games.

Last 3 years Socorro has only won 8 games and have lost 22 games.

THEY ARE IN THE SAME BOAT. Doesn't matter how you slice and dice it or twist and turn it or how much you sugar coat it.

I don't care if Eastwood lost to every team by a field goal in the last 3 years or if they always beat Socorro by hundred touchdowns in the last 3 years.

FACT is that in the last 3 years Eastwood has only won 3 games and has lost 27 games. Socorro has only won 8 games and has lost 22 games. These two teams are at the bottom of the 1-5a barrel.

Last 3 years Eastwood has only won 3 games and have lost 27 games.

Last 3 years Socorro has only won 8 games and have lost 22 games.

THEY ARE IN THE SAME BOAT. Doesn't matter how you slice and dice it or twist and turn it or how much you sugar coat it.

I don't care if Eastwood lost to every team by a field goal in the last 3 years or if they always beat Socorro by hundred touchdowns in the last 3 years.

FACT is that in the last 3 years Eastwood has only won 3 games and has lost 27 games. Socorro has only won 8 games and has lost 22 games. These two teams are at the bottom of the 1-5a barrel.
Are you really that desperate to have company in the cellar that your not willing to see the obvious truth? EPGRIDIRON Ranked Eastwood preseason # 10. Ahead of Socorro Bel Air Hanks & Coronado. The people at Epgridiron know more about El Paso football than you or. I do. What is so hard to understand about the difference.between the atmosphere at these two programs that epgridiron can see it but people like you can't ? Like I said..EASTWOOD has a LONG way to go but they are on track and moving in the right direction if you keep focusing on these silly past 3 season record quotes then your destined to stay in the cellar. Like I said Socorro lost by over 30 last season and will lose by over 30 this season. That does not put us in the same boat. No.matter what the record from the last 3 5 or 20 years was.

EP Gridiron is usually 99.999999999% accurrate every year but I think this year they fouled up on their preseason rankings. Montwood #9??? Everyone and their grandmother knows Montwood is going to win district. Coronado not in the top 10??????? What in the hell is all that about???? Noone is going to beat Coronado this year except Montwood or Franklin but not both. Eastwood a preseason top 10 team??? I think EP Gridiron people smoked alot of the happy plant when they did this years rankings.

EP Gridiron is usually 99.999999999% accurrate every year but I think this year they fouled up on their preseason rankings. Montwood #9??? Everyone and their grandmother knows Montwood is going to win district. Coronado not in the top 10??????? What in the hell is all that about???? Noone is going to beat Coronado this year except Montwood or Franklin but not both. Eastwood a preseason top 10 team??? I think EP Gridiron people smoked alot of the happy plant when they did this years rankings.
Mark my words... MONTWOOD Will NOT take district this season. If they do I will change my user name to MONTWOOD#1 for the entire next season!

They will not take district? So who will take it then?

Quote: Ram Nation
They will not take district? So who will take it then?
Dont get me wrong... Montwood is an outstanding program that could be a model for Eastwood to aspire for ....BUT....this will not be their year in my opinion. I believe Franklin will take it this year. I hate to say this because I actually like the Montwood fans,players,and coaches attitudes much more and they are one of my top 3 schools to root for. Montwood will be back on top again even though they are starting to feel some of the sting of diluted talent depth from new schools opening. Eastwood has gone through the same thing and still has not recovered but Montwoods foundation is too solid to keep them down for more than a year or two. I stand by my prediction that Montwood WILL NOT be district champs next season and they may actually struggle more than they are used to.

Ok well that is your opinion. I will say that the rams will be one of tre top teams and Franklin and Coronado will also be in he mix. As for the fourth spot it will either be the Aztecs or blazers!

I am not a Eastwood or Socorro fan so I am not a "homer". I think many people are not looking at the area the schools are in. Both schools are in tough areas to consistently produce good talent, for now. Eastwood is in an old area, heck it used to be the farthest school east and was a young area. Now it is a older area with people that live in that area that are older and finished having children. As the area gets rejuvanated with younger families you will see the school football team start to raise it's level of being competetive. I grew up in N.J.and my alma mater went through the same issue. Older families that had children that were already finished high school. Now many of those kids have teenagers (my nephews for example)and they have won a state title and are perenially in the playoffs. MHS,EDHS,AHS will all go through the same thing at one point. Socorro is a farm area and with an infusion of new homes and families populating the area they also will return back to being more competetive. Also Horizon High has pulled some of the kids that may have went to Socorro. One more thing is Socorro needs to have a youth football program feeding into the junior high and high school. I do not think they have any in that area. I could be wrong.

Copyright © 2004-2014 EP GRIDIRON. All Rights Reserved.