Return to Website

CLAMS Multiple Sclerosis BB

Welcome to the CLAMS MS BB hosted by JoAnne of the CLAMS organization. Please post often. JoAnne will monitor this BB on a daily basis. Thank You

Forum: CLAMS Multiple Sclerosis BB
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: info from people with years of MS

Michelle
I have had MS for well over 30 yrs. My wife who also has MS is about the same. In both our cases, it started with R & R MS (relapsing/remitting) It has progressed to Secondary Progressive MS. My wife is in a wheelchair (last 5 yrs) I am still ambulatory, with significant difficulties. We both underwent treatment with Novantrone a few years ago, and it has stopped the progression. There is one other form of MS which is called Primary Progressive. It starts with a bang in rapidly goes downhill. You need to see a good neurologist to help predict the course of her MS and prescribe the appropriate treatment. Is/has she been on any of the MS drugs (A,B,C or R) Avonex, Beta Seron, Copaxone, or Rebif? Where are you located? Check the Good Docs list to find Good Neurologist in your area. Let us know what is happening. Good luck to you, and thanks for taking such good care of your mother, that helps. Sounder & JoAnne from CLAMS

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Web Hosting