Return to Website

CLAMS Multiple Sclerosis BB

Welcome to the CLAMS MS BB hosted by JoAnne of the CLAMS organization. Please post often. JoAnne will monitor this BB on a daily basis. Thank You

Forum: CLAMS Multiple Sclerosis BB
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
My daughter has MS and she is 20 years old.

Hi my name is Vanassa and my daughter has MS. she was diagnose in January 2006 at the age of 17. It was hard on us. She had just lost her father in July 2007 and now this. She is in pain everyday, but never complaints. She is a strong girl. She is attending A&T in Greensboro, GPA 3.25. It's hard for her and me. She is trying hard to live a normal life and live on her own. Like other young people her age, but I have to be in touch with her everyday. She needs me. When she calls and say "Mama help me, I can't move or my head hurts so bad. I have to go to her. Most days she don't complaint. She says, what the use, you can't help me. I have to learn to cope. She give herself a shot every other day. What a strong person. She is pulling a full load in school and working part-time. You see I lost my job recently. So with no medical insurance. She went to work to help me pay for her medicine. We did receive help for MS treatment, but the doctor visit's and other medicine she needed was out the question for us. I did apply for medicaid and was decline. I have never applied for that before. But I was desperate for my child to get help. I just want everyone to be aware that MS is real and just because you don't look sick don't mean you aren't sick. She just hides her well. Just pray for us both. Because without God help, we wouldn't have made it this far. I think everyone need to be educated on MS.

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks