Return to Website

CLAMS Multiple Sclerosis BB

Welcome to the CLAMS MS BB hosted by JoAnne of the CLAMS organization. Please post often. JoAnne will monitor this BB on a daily basis. Thank You

CLAMS Multiple Sclerosis BB
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is the way I'm being treated right?

Ok here goes... I am 36 years old, 5 kids, living with their father for the past 15 1/2 years. I had my first symptoms in 1996. Was diagnosed in 2001. In March of 2004, my right knee started to buckle when I tried to put weight on it. became wheelchair bound. boyfriend hasn't slept in the same room with me since. He also stopped hugging me,kissing me, having sex with me. He doesn't take me anywhere except the Drs. I don't get to leave the house except then. I am not allowed to have anyone over, either to comfort me or to help me or to help with the housework. He doesn't want me to come out of my bedroom at all while he is at home. He opens my mail and only gives me what he decides I should have. he only wants me here it seems to care for the children and clean house.what should I do? help me please.

Re: Is the way I'm being treated right?

Good lord! I can't even imagine being treated the way he is treating you! You deserve so much better. I can't help but think that the MS is the least of your problems. What do you mean he won't "allow" you to have visitors?! Its your home too and you are not a child. I would have whoever I want over, whenever I want. What will he do if you have someone over? I absolutely would not tolerate his behavior. He is treating you worse than most people treat their pets! Unfortunately YOU are the only one who can change things and the only way to do that is to stand up for yourself. He sounds like he deserves a trophy for the worlds biggest JERK. ( I would use lots of other words but they probably aren't allowed here! lol) Take care and please help yourself and tell him that you are a grown up adult and you have needs too.
Good luck and please stay in touch!

Re: Is the way I'm being treated right?

What should you do?

Call the nearest resource or a family member and explain exactly what you expressed here so that you and your children can be rescued. You need to leave ASAP, this is mental abuse at it's finest. I do not know if you children appear affected by this situation but I bet that they may be.

God bless you.
Soulflower*
dxd June 06

Re: Re: Is the way I'm being treated right?

CALL A MEDICAL TAXI IN MOST PHONE BOOKS AND GO SHOPPING OR TO FIND HELP.