Return to Website

CLAMS Multiple Sclerosis BB

Welcome to the CLAMS MS BB hosted by JoAnne of the CLAMS organization. Please post often. JoAnne will monitor this BB on a daily basis. Thank You

CLAMS Multiple Sclerosis BB
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Do my symptoms sound like MS?

Make sure the MRI of the Brain is with and without dye (Gadolinium). This is very important for an accurate beginning of a diagnosis. There are many more things they have to rule out prior to a diagnosis of MS. Some worse and some not to significant.

Good luck at least they are starting to listen.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi there

I have been looking for a forum like this for a while. I have had an MRI last week and am waiting on results but its driving me crazy in the meantime waiting!!

I have been pushed from pillar to post; first being told I had Trigeminal Neuralgia, then toothache, then Cervical Dysfunction, then migraine. As it stands my diagnosis is Migraine, depending on the MRI results. I have looked up the symptoms of MS no end of times and I am convinced it matches all the problems I have been having the last 6 months but my family tell me there is nothing wrong with me and have even been accused of making things up! My symptoms are:
* Electric shock pains in my face
* Facial spasms and aching
* Constant tiredness
* POOR memory - I mean dreadful
* Feel like my eyes are unco-ordinated and it makes me dizzy
* Pains in my arms
* Headaches
* Lost of tingling sensations in my face and head

I am not making all of this up and am very frustrated with my family for thinking this. I am 23, and when it was suspected I had Trigeminal Neuralgia, I was told there was a possibility of MS because of showing these symptoms at my age. But then the Neurologist said Migraines, but wanted an MRI just to be on the 'safe side'.

I am at the end of my tether. Am I going mad or does it sound like I have got MS?? In anyones opinion?>

Please help!

Clare

Re: Re: Do my symptoms sound like MS?

it does alot my mom had it imonly 9 she died