RAF Ground Crew Forum 1955-1970

Please note due to the amount of Spam being received I am locking this forum, please use this newer (and more popular) forum:

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=46291

RAF Ground Crew Forum 1955-1970
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RAF El Adem

Bev
I will sound out some guys later today to see if they remember that name, not easily forgotten I am sure.

50 years in the mob, Gordon Bennett!

Nice to hear familiar names. Good website. Not had computer long but I will get going on this one. I was on 4 shift with F/Sgt Fred Churchill i/c. Not a bad posting, been to better, I think the parties with 3 shift kept us all alive and bouncing.

What a F*^%$£% hole

Ohhhhh Gary, to be posted to " the end" for such a long time, dear oh dear, my deepest sypathies, my 2 connections with El Adem were , a detachment with 66 sqdn i think was sometime in 60 or late 61, and we only had tents and flimsy canvas cot beds ( living in a hotel in tobruck, huh, upmarket were we and ohhhh that Beverly trip from UK to there, what an experience, and the other connection.Well, when serving OS tour in Cyprus, we had many a bod on A/L from El Adem, a few of them completely off their trollies, and one i DO remember actually topped himself.So yes, a wonderful place to be,, if you like sand and camels that is