Tony's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Tony's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help with costings

I have a recently qualified trainers question....I'm getting quite a bit of work of accredited companies which is good BUT I would like to approach companies and do non-accredited training but I don't know what I should be charging. I know I could ring local training companies and try and get prices and so have an idea but I would like to ask the forum 1st. I live in Cheshire so I know rates vary from area to area but any advice will be gratefully received. Thanks Billy

Re: help with costings

Billy,
If you offer non accredited training you won't get any orders!

Hi Tony
I'm spending a lot of time for accredited training providers at the moment doing non-accredited or in-house training...and some of the clients are massive companies who are keeping their workforce trained but without the problem of spending on training only for their employees to leave which definitely makes the non-accred route a good selling point.
Thanks
Billy

Hi Billy. Good luck if you can get it:-) I know of many companies who have non accredited trainers among their own staff and in fact I've trained loads of in house instructors over the years but I've never come across firms employing outside instructors who are not accredited.

To answer your original question I would suggest about 70% of the cost of an accredited course. You could justify it on the grounds that not being accredited saves you money and after all there is no law that says you must be.

Hi Tony
Again thanks for reply....I always thought that qualifying as an RTIRB trainer would allow me to approach companies and offer accredited and non-accredited courses as I'm qualified...little did I realise that the RTITB would give me the title of an RTITB REGISTERED trainer but to do accredited courses I would have to become an ACCREDITED trainer at the cost of a further £700+ haha and then I need facilities and trucks so until I have 12 months of prostituting myself to training companies to get funds that's why I'm toying with the idea of offering non-accred courses. So again this forum and your advice is valuable to me
Billy