Tony's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Tony's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Insurance for an Accredited RTITB instructor

I am in the process of applying for RTITB accreditation. For the day of the audit I will have to have professional indemnity and public liability insurance in place. Can anyone recommend what limits I should be looking at and can you recommend a suitable insurance company?
Understandingly RTITB can not give me any advice on this.

I have also been informed having a ICO (data protection) number is highly recommended but not compulsory. Is this worth taking out? Is it a "selling" point to perspective customers?

Thank you

John walker

Re: Insurance for an Accredited RTITB instructor

Hi John,

As I'm a bit out of touch with this sort of stuff I asked Dot of AES Training. (My old company). I've copied and pasted her reply below.
Regards
Tony
Webmaster
--------------------------------------

You can tell him the only way to get a good deal on professional indemnity and public liability insurance in place is to shop around as they base it on your details.

He also says that he has been informed that it is not mandatory to have an ICO policy when in fact the RTITB insist on it as part of the accreditation and indeed with the new GDPR regulations it is a legal requirement. For small companies it is only £30 per year

Re: Insurance for an Accredited RTITB instructor

Thank you Tony. Thank Dot for me too.
Yes I have been shopping around on line for insurance, I think best to start making some phone calls as well.
As far as the ICO is considered, I will have that in place for the day of the audit.