Welcome to the forum of Dreamers

Let's share our visions, our dreams, our projects. Let's talk about things we love and would love to see happened. Let's share dreams, inspiring words and experiences!
Welcome to the forum of Dreamers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Surprising Selfishness

I'm 15 and a huge John Lennon fan, maybe surprising for my age, but when you grow up listening to JL you realize a few things. One, that he is an amazing artist/person. And you know that he cared about this world and that he wanted to bring it into a place of peace and harmony, however lofty that goal seemed. Now I find that people my age are unbelievable selfish, and care nothing about the world, but would rather gossip about their favorite celebrity.

During a Friday Debate in Global Studies we brought up some school issues. Not that some of these arn't important, but I don't see how people can talk about whether or not we should be able to go out for lunch, when some people don't even have food to eat a lunch with! Why? Why is being able to go out so important? Arn't there other issues much more important? I love debating, but to me arguing about things like this just seems pointless, we should be doing something.

My generation is so self-involved and ignorant, I wish that there were better role models to look to, John Lennon, but we don't, it just isn't right.

Re: Surprising Selfishness

You are so right. I'm 17 an I see the same things. There are no leaders for our generation. Our generation is fueled by sex and money. They don't realize some of the basic needs of of the people of the world. You can sa but I'm not thy that I'm a dreamere only one. Maybe someday you'll join us and the world can live as one.

Re: Re: Surprising Selfishness

you guys are the future, Don't look for role models...be role models!! If you want to change thinks get off your backsides and change things....just what are you waiting for? Listen to John....

Re: Re: Re: Surprising Selfishness

claire is right, we are the future. i know most of the topics you hear about or that others are concerned about are topics that have instant gratification. thats what our culture is now based on, easy and shallow. people have become so afraid that they forget to live. we need to lead them, i know that has become a cliche to most ppl in our society. no one wants to get up and stand out b/c they are afraid. the only way to lead people out of their fear is to lead by example. you will do no good if you force yourself to become something that you are not. the only way to create real change is to follow your passion. not until you are truely happy will ppl take you seriously. you must worry about you, dont waste your time on the problems of others (unless that is your passion), spend your time following your true dreams. those dreams may be to become a farmer or maybe your dreams will lead you to become the president. as john lennon believed we are all one, no matter what you become as long as you follow your dreams or your passion, you will become a leader. others will be inspired and they will follow. when you are true to yourself you will affect the world in the best way possible.

but remember that the way the world works is by balance. there is a yang for every ying. it may be harsh but we have to accept it.

Re: Surprising Selfishness

y eai know, who gives a **** about wut the newest celebrity is wearing or when she has her dentist appointment, or whether she likes tomatoes or lemons or some other crap liek that. i hate magazins, cmon are u that bored with ur own life to read about when sum person who doesnt even no u exist is getting married, a wedding which you will never go to? ugh people are so stupid....