Welcome to the forum of Dreamers

Let's share our visions, our dreams, our projects. Let's talk about things we love and would love to see happened. Let's share dreams, inspiring words and experiences!
Welcome to the forum of Dreamers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: just a man

yes, John Lennon was a man, and yes he was pure and simple, but we are the ones that made is fame come to rise, yes he had talent, he could sing and he could play, but if not for his thoughts and beleifs and wanting a better world for today, then who would he be? he would be another man, but even without the fame he would stil be just as much as a dreamer he was back then , then he would be today. And he would stil have followers, famous or not.

just a man huh?, i'd like to meet you and laugh in your face

Re: just a man

I think we all know he was just a man. But yer asking would we have listened to him if he weren't famous, that's sort of a silly question I think. You wouldn't know who he was if he wasn't famous. I don't think John had ideas that were any different than many people out there, he was just lucky enough to be in a position where many people could HEAR his ideas. He had a Forum, and he used it.

I know plenty of people in my life as prophetic, smart, witty and talented as John Lennon, they just aren't nearly as famous!

Don't get me wrong, there is only 1 John Lennon!

Re: Re: just a man

John Lennon, just a man? Yes however He was in the rght place at the right time to get his pint across. No, we would not be having this discussion if he were not famous, however once in a great while a man with an idea and a dream, gets to the level that John did.
I am not a religious man but like John would any one have followed jesus had he not been at the right place at the right time. you may say he is the son of god, it was inevitable but i believe him to be like John. Right place right time and had something to say that people wanted to here. the list could go on and on about people who were influential, like the Buddah...ect. But you have to accept that John Lennon got to where he did and people listened.

Re: Re: Re: just a man

Fame is just the platform, it doesnt make the meaning any different or detract in any way from what he said and did and was