Not the Same Old Done-It-Before Youth Meeting Forum

Leave your feedback and opinions on each month's topics

Not the Same Old Done-It-Before Youth Meeting Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Do Christian youth are going in a right direction?

Fredrick – you are perceptive in identifying the fast moving world about us as a challenge for not only Christian youth but for all Christians. I use the internet to share not only my thoughts but also the thoughts of others about what makes youth programs successful. It is a wonderful tool but some of our young people are almost dependent on sites like Facebook for their social connectivity. Similarly there are wonderful movies to watch and movies which distort reality leading young people to expect of relationships things that are not commonly given. We need to present a supportive, dependable community of Christian youth for our young people.

You state that Christian youth do not want to know about their “roles and responsibilities”. And what are these? Who gave them? God? Or the church or some man made organization? Didn’t God give us two rules – to love God with all our heart and to love our neighbors as ourselves. These are enough guidelines (rules) by which to live. What a special world it would be if even just every Christian whole heartedly abided by these two rules.

You would like a universal organization of Christian youth and say you have ideas. What are they? I met a young man from Uganda who wanted to do something similar a year ago. Please share with me your ideas. I will pass them on to Herbert. Tim

Re: Do Christian youth are going in a right direction?

Good point Tim.