Not the Same Old Done-It-Before Youth Meeting Forum

Leave your feedback and opinions on each month's topics

Not the Same Old Done-It-Before Youth Meeting Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Voting

We are at another big election year. Some of you will be 18 years old and be able to vote for the first time. Try to study up on the candidates rather than just going by short Tv and radio commercials. Remember that there are local offices up for election as well as President. Remember that your friends and acquaintances are still your friends and acquaintances even if you support different candidates for elective office. Remember that even if your candidate loses all is not lost , this happens every 2 years , every year for local offices like town and village elections. And most important, if you didn't vote don't complain about the result of the election! Study the candidates and cast an informed vote!

Re: Voting

JIM - THANKS FOR THE GOOD ADVICE, PARTICULARLY THE "IF YOUR CANDIDATE LOSES" ADVISE. AS CHRISTIANS CHRIST TOLD US TO "GIVE TO CAESAR THAT WHICH IS CAESAR'S AND TO GIVE TO GOD THAT WHICH IS GOD'S". TO ME THAT MEANS SUPPORT THE WINNERS IN HOPES OF COMING TOGETHER AS A NATION FOR THE FIRST TIME IN i DON'T KNOW HOW MANY YEARS - THE LENGTH OF TIME CAN BE DEBATABLE. WHAT IS NEEDED IS SUPPORT AND MOST IMPORTANTLY comprimise - NO MORE DO IT MY WAY OR NOTHING, THAT HAS BEEN SO MUCH A PART OF THE RECENT PAST.
IN CHURCH WE PRAY FOR OUR LEADERS EACH SUNDAY. PERHAPS WE NEED TO PRAY FOR THEM EVERYDAY - EVEN THE ONES WE DID NOT VOTE FOR. GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND THIS BEAUTIFUL WORLD HE CREATED.