supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Official Predictions For 9/15 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW)

Good Morning, SupaNation! Somehow, we've found ourselves at the very end of summer and in the midst of televised football 5 nights a week. Ain't life grand? Some teams have won titles (Props to the Warriors of Lima) and some teams have gone home for the season. Some teams have folded up, some teams have found a way to push on through tough times, and still other teams play through uncertainty week to week. But as I write these words, most teams' dreams are still alive. Most players still have a trophy to play for. Let's hope all you cats keep your eyes on the prize as the big weekend of games approaches. And whether you'll be cheering for the Colts, the Bengals, the Lions, the Bears or the Browns on Sunday- here's to the idea of your doing so healthy and in good spirits after you own games on Saturday. But there are games yet to be played- so let us get to it. Oh, and by the way, you ungrateful bastards failed to mention that I nearly hit 3 games right on the head last week. Let's see if I can outdo myself this week.

Grant/Wabash County @ Adams County

So the word on the streets is that the two backyard teams forged an alliance with the blessing of the league and will play out the rest of the schedule. It is hard to see two teams struggle to the end in this way- especially the Scorps who were not long ago atop the league. Even with forces combined, and even with reasonable depth, the hybrid team from down south has no hope. The Pats- once rated by this humble predictor as among the worst in the state- now have a reasonable argument for being the very best. I dare say that other teams could combine and still not threaten the Pats.

Patriots 34
Stingians 6

Miami County (IN) @ Elkhart

The Shamrock have more unrealized potential than perhaps any team in the state. At least once a game, this team does something that reveals (if only for a moment) just how good they could be. Though the season has not been what was expected, the Rock have put together a very strong freshman effort. Brian Raber has fielded the most tenacious defense (sorry, Broncos) in the state of Indiana. They may not be the most talented, but they bring it every down. The Blitz offense, too, has come an awful long way since the early season. That's why it will be such a surprise when the Shamrock dominate as they will.

Shamrock 26
Blitz 6

Delaware County @ South Central

I have to be honest when I say that I cannot figure out either of these teams. Earl and the Chargers are- as Winston Churchill put it so many years ago- a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. How this organization is fielding a team and taking it 2 hours south to play a very good Cutters team, I have no idea. Somehow, they found a way to beat the Wildcats last week- and that puzzles me. The Cutters are also a little boggling. Their roster includes two Indiana Mr. Football winners, two offensive linemen who made NFL rosters and a number of other very big play athletes. Their coaching staff is huge and the team is well organized. In other words, you could not have a team more different from Earl and the Chargers. What is confusing, though, is the Cutters lack of total domination up to this point. Perhaps this is the week that team shows us what they will be- but somehow, I doubt it.

Cutters 47
Chargers 0

West Central @ Miami County (OH)

Tater and his boys continue to impress- big props to them. As I have said all along, the team has a great upward trajectory and depending on offseason developments, could find itself in the midst of something special next season. Tater and his crew know that they are right in the middle of prime real estate in the semi pro football world, and anything could happen if they finish on an upswing. The Wildcats, toiling under the weight of playing in a division with both the Cutters and the Dragons, have taken their lumps. Recently, they appear to be going down the pan. Unlike the cake walk in Brazil earlier this year- the long trip to Miami County spells disaster for the once proud Wildcats.

Vikings 18
Wildcats 15

Darke County @ Mercer County

After a couple of up and down seasons, the participants of the first IFL Championship game are playing for playoff seeding and hoping to play spoiler. It will come as no surprise to anyone that they may well do just that. The first order of business, though, is to play the final week's game. These are two of the best defenses in the league and two offenses capable of the big play. Week one suggested to all of us exactly what we would see from these two teams this season, and we have not been disappointed. Though the drive is short, count on the Ft Recovery crowd to make the difference in this one.

Cougars 18
Warriors 12

West Ohio @ Kosciusco County

Spence and the gang have suffered through another tough season and have very little to show for it other than their pride, and a lot of teams could learn a thing or two from the Wranglers. I've got faith that 2008 will bring a very different Wranglers team to the field and the balance of power will shift. For now, the Mustangs are riding the wave of a great season and looking ahead to the playoffs. The best I can tell from the outcome of ref-gate, the Mustangs control their destiny and will have home field with a win. The Wranglers will not lay down by any means, but they will be doing a lot of Mustang chasing this day.

Mustangs 34
Wranglers 6

St. Joe County @ Classic City

The Crush enter this game in perfect position to be upset. The Thunder have nothing to lose and seem to be getting better every week. The Crush have put together a respectable season after a trip to the title game last season. The boys from Auburn look to be cruising into the playoffs and looking ahead to 9/29. That spells doom for the Crush, who will stare their mortality straight in the eye and likely be the first to flinch. They'll be saved by a special teams play late in the game- but the Thunder will remain the team that no one wants to draw in the playoffs.

Crush 22
Thunder 18

Steel Valley @ Mid Ohio

The Jets have a date with the Gladiators a couple weeks down the line and everyone in the Ohio Valley knows it. The Jets have played consistent football since the very early season and seem determined to do what the Lions and Knights and others could not of late: finish. Their early season domination of the Hardhats brings confidence, but not overconfidence. The Hardhats travel well, but are too small and too slow for the Jets. The organization will continue undefeated and even looking ahead a bit will have no problem with Steel Valley.

Jets 31
Hardhats 12

Detroit @ Hardin County

The Black Ravens have a habit of inconsistency late in the season- they made a great run at the post season last season only to totally peter out in the end. This team is very big up front and deeper than most any team around in the trenches. Ravens feature great skill positions but have never developed a passing game. When the run game fails them in Wolverine country, they'll try to go to the air. Bad move. The Wolverine defense will dictate the pace of this game and send home a very good Detroit team without the offensive numbers they are accustomed to.

Wolverines 27
Raves 12

Chicago @ Indianapolis

No, kids, this is not a replay of the preseason game- it is the Sabers hosting big Don and the Thunder. Like some of the comments above, I am not sure what to make of the Sabers- but for now I will believe that they have the ship righted and are moving forward with commitment. The MidStates has more folded up teams this year than Hemi has false start penalties (believe me kids, that is a few)- and it is hard to assess the value of any win at this point. The bottom line, though, is that the Thunder are for real- like really real. Even on the road, they are far and away the best team the Sabers have seen. While their numbers will not be intimidating, their play will. Sabers stand tall- the playoffs are near.

Thunder 38
Sabers 6

That's all I can bare. Now I am ready to watch some football and not have to think about who will win or why. This prediction business takes more energy than you think. Enjoy the great weekend- get ALL those scores and details in ASAP, and make your mommas proud.

Re: Official Predictions For 9/15 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW)

Um, our game against the Patriots was played LAST weekend.

Warriors 26
Cougars 21

Crush 39 Thunder 0

Hell of a game Cougars, it seems to always come down to the final possession between us. If we don't see you in 2 weeks, good luck.

wildcats28
vikings20

Def awesome game cougars good luck in the playoffs if we don't play you first round good luck and that also goes to all ilf players good luck and stay safe

Mustangs 32
Wranglers 14

CUTTERS 66
CHARGERS 8
The Cutters hosted the Chargers and came out on top with a great all around effort. The game was clean and had a running clock from 6 minutes of the second qualter and the entire second half. The Chargers never quit and were overmanned from the opening kick off. Cutters scored several defensive touchdowns Andre Key had two interceptions for touchdowns and Carter Figg returned an attempted onside kick by the Chargers for a touchdown. Thanks to Earl for coming to Bloomington with the Chargers and playing us a clean game. The Cutters played several players in the game and we had one player taken to the hospital by ambulance that young man was released from Bloomington hospital around midnight and will be fine. He took a very hard hit and there was some concern but all worked out fine he will be sore tomorrow and the next few days but nothing serious.

Mid Ohio Jets 20
Steel Valley Hardhats 6

The Good News:
The Mid Ohio Jets advance to the MOFL championship game. John Abner threw two more TD passes putting his season total to 31 Td Passes.

The Jet's defense came up big in crucial situations.

The Bad News: The Mid OHio Jets had 6 turnovers. Luckily, it only cost them 6 points.

#26 RB Mykl Robinson broke his leg. Mykl is one of three starting rbs for the Jets.

Chicago Thunder 41
Indy Sabers O

Nice to put a face to a name...
Nothing but love too Mr. Taylor

I really wanted to be apart of playing the Thunder and playing in a game with you again Gambrel. Looks like you guys took care of business....good luck the rest of the year.

Ok supa you made you pick and prediction for the week and you made the following comment
"The Cutters are also a little boggling. Their roster includes two Indiana Mr. Football winners, two offensive linemen who made NFL rosters and a number of other very big play athletes. Their coaching staff is huge and the team is well organized. In other words, you could not have a team more different from Earl and the Chargers. What is confusing, though, is the Cutters lack of total domination up to this point. Perhaps this is the week that team shows us what they will be- but somehow, I doubt it."
I hope that you are no longer a doubter about the Cutters. Remember this is a team first year team and we are going to make first year mistakes both as coaches and players, you wanted to see domination well I think we gave you that and that was with the clock running the entire second half and also the last 6 minutes of the first half. The Cutters were in total control of this game from the opening kick even that was different from anything I have ever done in the past. I have never started a game with an onside kick in my life but I did it last night because I wanted to take control of this game from the very begining. If you doubt us then it is clear you have nenevr been to one of our games come out and see us sometime you will enjoy a night of really good football.

cutters u bet a team that u should have and now u want the league to just give u the championship. Go bet the pats then u will be a good team

Don same to you brother. I really enjoyed playing you guys, being that an old man like myself some say should be on the shelf.....LOL
You guys are one class act of an organization and look forward to either playing or coaching against the Thunder in future.
Justin wish you could have been apart of this too, it was a hard hitting affair......Gotta love contact

Ed....
I know what you mean when you talk about Age
Definitley a hard hitting game and what cracks me up the most is that when someone gets a "Real Football Hit" teams get all Jacked up and take it personal.
On Saturday, there was some Serious Hits...
During the little Fiasco at the end, me and one of your D-Lineman was just standing there shaking our heads

I hope the Sabers turn things around and finish out strong, If you travel well, you should have no problem against the Steel....

I have Coached HS up north for a long time and I was looking forward to playing at Roncalli, man, thats a nice field...and its always nice to play with a play clock

that was a good game between tha thunder and sabers regardless of tha score. if tha sabers wouldnt have gave up tha deep ball it might have been a diffrent story but who knows. they will meet again i believe in tha championship.tha sabers runningback had at least 120 with parshal blocking. he is tha truth.

120 yards where driving to the game? How's number 86 feeling.

He is doing good. They told him at the hospital that it more than likely is strained ligaments, nothing torn but he is done for the season.

That sucks too hear about #86 I thought he was one of the few guys that made it fun too be on the field, althought everyone on our sideline thought for sure you guys would go to him but you guys didnt which was strange but he did make the most of the time he spent out there.........with a couple of cheap shots but it was fun LOL!

Ed who is 86?

Carl, it looks like the same thing that happened to him up in Chicago 2 years ago when we played the Lake County Chiefs.

Just the other leg this time.

beaty???

That sucks too hear about #86 I thought he was one of the few guys that made it fun too be on the field, althought everyone on our sideline thought for sure you guys would go to him but you guys didnt which was strange but he did make the most of the time he spent out there.........with a couple of cheap shots but it was fun LOL!
VALID Email: carlbeatty4@aol.com

Thats funny Carl writing as a Thunder player, that is some good stuff my man. Now you dont have to come on here pretending to be a Thunder Player, well because I am one. Now nothing was said about you being a player, all that was said is that your yellow taped shoes looked liked the ref's flag and the only thing you hit all night was the kicker late and anybody who had their back turned. Now I will never cheer a player getting hurt and I hope you recover well but the cheap shot stuff is all karma my man. Were all grown men who have to go to work the next day so learn to play the game with some respect and dignity.

Yeah Carl Beatty.....

LOL ED TAYLOR MAN I GOTTA GIVE MYSELF ATTENTION YOU KNOW HOW I DO LOL

Carl we ain't gonna forget you.....LOL

If you post under someone else....dont use your own email addy

glad to hear its nothing serious....