supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Belichick fined

Is this a real punishment? He still gets to coach, misses no games, and in the end, the Pats will still probably be in the Playoffs-Superbowl at seasons end.

If this is Godell's big answer, why not heftly fine Pac-man, or Tank Williams..why are PLAYERS being botted out left and right for "bad conduct" but a coach just gets a fine?

Hendricks

Re: Belichick fined

Gotta agree with ya Ole man.....

hell the team will pay the whole amount....

I see where you're coming from, but you have to remember that what the players are doing off the field is getting them arrested (or should be). You can't go to jail for crossing a fine line in the game of football. I think the fine and draft picks are enough of a punishment. In the end, I guess being a good citizen is more important than being a good "football citizen".

#4..good insight..But thats sorta my point..Godell is being tougher on players for what they do OFF the field..that's not his job. His job is Commissioner of the NFL, ..so he shouldnt he be tougher on NFL issues?(thoughts...)

Hendricks

so how long has the Pats been doing this....
If you read the stuff in the internet...seems like a lot of great play calling and halftime adjustments

I just think that there should have been a suspension

SUSPENSION -

Gambrel, yeah, agreed

...I mean , if you get caught cheating by substance abuse..your suspended and fined, arent you? ( as an NFL player )

Hendricks

It's a tough call, because you can't really determine if it helped them, or what they actually took away from these tapes. Can the Patriots tape the other teams coaching signals? NO Can the Patriots tape themselves replicating the other teams coaching signals? Probably

In the end...don't cheat.

Wade Wilson uses HGH for his diabetes, not for a competitive advantage, gets suspended 5 games and a third of his salary
Bill Belicheck gets caught filming other teams signals for a competitive advantage and gets no games suspended and a $250K fine

Is that really fair Goodell?

Wade Wilson was using HGH to get his arms bigger, so his signals could show up better on camera for the Patriots!! They were in on it together man...TOGETHER!!!

Wasn't there a small scandal in the IFL a couple years ago where someone from the Generals accused the Pirates of spying on their sidelines with one of those listening devices? Dane Hill didn't get fined! They didn't have to lose draft picks! That's crap man!!!

Its Bullcrap, Bullcrap, and more bullcrap. How can a team get caught "cheating" and still play all of their games. Its cheating to me because the other 31 teams was not filming their opponents playcalling. It should be a slap in the face of all of the players in the NFL.
I mean what makes coach Belicheat so above the rest; oh I forgot the three superbowl rings he EARNED? The penalty for this conduct should have been game suspensions for Coach. Bilicheat and at least 2 game that would have been forfeited. It really takes the fun out of football!