supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Official Prediction For 9/22 (Post Scores and Details Here- Not Below)

Toppah the morning, SupaNation. From the latest reports, it appears that soon Kevin Everett will rise from his hospital bed and take a few steps. Not only is it great for this young man and his family- but this story is a metaphor in so many other ways. Things once thought impossible will soon be a reality. At a time when it seemed that all was lost, hope lingered in the shadows, yearning take the stage. Hope now has its day- a glorious day- for Kevin Everett, and perhaps for many of you as well. Give hope a chance and see what she brings- it may be something no one expects or even believes possible. As many head into the playoff stretch or face the championship game, let Kevin Everett be a lesson. This game is a gift and on any given Saturday - miracles can happen. Just ask Appalachian State.

Now let's get to it.

Elkhart County @ Grant County (Wabash County Too?)

My man Curtis Bell and the Rock have mounted a furious first year campaign. Many thought all was lost after the close defeat to the hands of Wayne's Pats several weeks back. What few of us knew was the crazy heat that the Toledo-fide 07 Pats would bring. The Shamrock may not be one of the two best teams in the MFL, but they are damned good. While the story of the Scorps and the Sting is known to few people outside of those two teams (I've gotten emails from 2 guys in the MFL who have no idea what the deal is) but it is clear that even at home and even with combined talent the outcome will be little different than the game in Elkhart earlier this season. The Rock will establish their place in the top tier of the league and will only get better in seasons to come.

Shamrock 50
Scorpions 6

Indianapolis @ Delaware County

One never knows what to think of Earl's Chargers and that is the nicest way I know how to say it. I have no doubt that there continue to be serious hard working men on that team. I think the trip to Ellettsville was admirable as they knew what they were in for and they got exactly that- a serious ass whipping. How or where they will host Saturday's game is not clear to me, but apparently they will. Now for the really bad news: they face the powerhouse Dragons. The short trip up to Muncie will leave the cupboard full for the Dragons, who will no doubt dominate this game in every phase. For what it is worth, it looks like the Chargers will officially finish the season.

Dragons 63
Chargers 0

South Central @ West Central

I can't really figure out what has gone so wrong for the Wildcats. I know that Brazil (and Clay County in general for that matter) is not bristling with talent, but the WCW always seemed to field a hard nosed, hard hitting team. It seems that lately, the bottom fell out. It used to be only special teams that game you fits watching the WCW- not it is all three phases of the game. The Cutters have announced to the whole world (and to me in particular) that they are the real deal. In spite of some middle season bumps, the team does have the tools to make noise in the league and will not have any trouble with this installment of the WCW.

Cutters 48
Wildcats 0

South Central @ Indiana

The final installment of the regular season of IFL play is a doozie. Troy and the brothers Rozens have the Generals playing great football- but most importantly smart football. This team more than any in the league and certainly more than any Generals team in recent memory plays to its strengths- they don't try to be a team that they are not. This commitment to consistency has paid huge dividends to the Generals, who sit poised to take a top seed to the playoffs. The Broncos continue to impress on the road and play the kind of defense that covers up for a lackluster year on offense.The Broncos are still my odds-on favorite to three-pete, but the Generals will put them to the test in the final week. Look for field position to be the deciding factor in this one- and neither offense will score more than one touchdown.

Broncos 13
Generals 10

Indianapolis @ Northern Illinois

The Sabers have a lot of good things going for themselves, and a lot of still unrealized potential. More than perhaps any other team here in Supaland, the Sabers are a team of ups and downs- a team always at once teetering on the edge of both disaster and triumph. You never know which team you will get. One hopes that with another year together and without lots of guys coming in or going- the Sabers will solidify and play to their potential in 08. This weekend, they go up to play a very inconsistent and overmatched Cowboy team. Even shorthanded in the trenches the Sabers will get a much needed W and capture some momentum heading to the MSFL playoffs.

Sabers 22
Cowboys 9

Hardin County @ Ohio

Those playing at home NOT within earshot of Elizabethtown did not hear the shot heard round the world- the one emanating from Detroit. The Wolverines had all they could handle and quite a bit more from the Ravens on the road. Plagued by turnovers and in-fighting which made a late comeback impossible, the Wolverines tasted their first defeat in as long as many of us can remember. It is clear now that the MCFL title game will be these two teams and which will play host is still an open question. For now, the HCW will have to dispose of the mediocre Swarm. Even back on the road, the Wolverines will get down to business and quickly remind others of the quality of their organization.

Wolverines 34
Swarm 14

Naptown @ Mid Ohio

Clearly this week's biggest game. The Jet juggernaut hosts the MOFL title game and a team made very much in its image. While the MOJ has used its size and speed advantage to great success this season, it has yet to see a team as big or fast as the Gladiators. The boys from Naptown also love to run the ball and have among the most dangerous special teams units in the nation. The Gladiators are very disciplined though they are relatively young. Made up largely from off season (and mid season) defectors from other organizations, the Gladiators have proven to be the biggest beneficiary of the revolving door of teams in the Nap. The Gladiators have not seen an offense as potent as the of the Jets, either and the Jets will find themselves ahead early. The game will be won based on how well the Jets respond to the late Natpown rally. My money is on the home team.

Jets 17
Gladiators 7

Okay, gents. Go out and make your own miracle. Great things are possible- especially when you're doing your best to make your momma proud.

Re: Official Prediction For 9/22 (Post Scores and Details Here- Not Below)

NO WAY!!! IT WONT BE THAT CLOSE!!!

Leyden Lions 7-0
Chicago Thunder 7-0

Teams fighting for #1 Seed for MSFL Playoffs

Hardin County @ Ohio

Those playing at home NOT within earshot of Elizabethtown did not hear the shot heard round the world- the one emanating from Detroit. The Wolverines had all they could handle and quite a bit more from the Ravens on the road. Plagued by turnovers and in-fighting which made a late comeback impossible, the Wolverines tasted their first defeat in as long as many of us can remember. It is clear now that the MCFL title game will be these two teams and which will play host is still an open question. For now, the HCW will have to dispose of the mediocre Swarm. Even back on the road, the Wolverines will get down to business and quickly remind others of the quality of their organization.

Wolverines 34
Swarm 14

Supa,

the Ravens came to our house and took it to us. I give them all the credit in the world for the victory. There are ZERO excuses. They were the better team that day. I have a sneaky suspicion it may have been just the kick in the teeth we needed to re-focus. I know i will come out to play a re-newed sense of urgency (not to mention anger and determination). Hopefully the team will follow.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for keeping our games on your radar

Hop

OK.....i am eating my words....it was a very close game and probably the hardest hitting game i have been in!!!! #8 for the Generals.....he is the real deal....you could not rattle him and he did his thing tonight! He kept them in the game! Great game to everyone!!! i could only hope that the playoffs are the same.....To my team.....this is what im talking about!!! Our QB has to be the most exciting player in the league!!! Love it all...Great game Bobby....265 today!!!! Lets have a good week of practice and lets do it again next week!

Oh and i cant forget the player of the game....Little Guru!!! Hell of a kick!!!!

Broncos 30, Generals 28

This was the greatest game all year becuase the scores kept going back and forth. The Broncos D was steady the first half, but #8 for the generals came out slingn but fell short when the broncos got the ball back with 1 min to go to kick a field goal tough tough game

The Sting only played with 13 guys but played to the end...

Shamrock 63
Sting 0

CUTTERS 14 WILDCATS 8. I WILL LET THE CUTTERS POST ABOUT THE GAME.

The Cutters traveled to Brazil to take on the West Central Wildcats last night and ran into a hungry football team that had an excellent game plan for us. The Wildcats came out ready to play and the game was a hard hitting affair from the first play until the last. First quarter was scoreless and the Cutters scored twice in the second on a couple Jahkeen Gilmore receptions that went for touchdowns. The third quarter was again scoreless and the Wildcats got on the board about half way thru the 4th and converted the 2 point conversion to come within 6 at 14-8 and was driving with less than a minute left when we intercepted a pass around our own 15 yard line to seal the win. The Wildcats are to be commended for their play they used a stiff defense and shut us down. They wanted this game very much and played like a team hungry and ready to make a statement as they head into the playoffs. On this night two very good football team slugged it out for 4 quarters and the fans at the game got to see an exciting Midwest Football League game. Mr. sports reporter you missed this one a little bit but you do an excellent job I have enjoyed having your comments and predictions this year, sorry I haven't got to meet you face to face maybe you can rethink leaving and stick around another year or two.
I want to wish all teams in all leagues good luck in your playoffs I guess as the saying goes the real season starts now but guys remember HAVE FUN life is short and sometimes it deals us a bum hand so enjoy what you have. Everyone travle safe over the next few weeks.

Chicago Thunder 21
Leyden Lions 17

Thunder win Conference and #1 Seed in Play-offs

did tha gladiators win

Mid Ohio Jets 46 * Naptown Seminoles 12

The Mid Ohio Jets won the MOFL championship 46-12.

1rst Quarter
R. Thomas 3 yd TD run (kick good) 7-0 Jets

2nd Quarter
John Abner to Franklin Davis 5yd TD pass (kick good) 14-0 Jets
John Abner to Eric Robinson 22yd TD pass (kick good) 21-0 Jets

3rd Quarter
Mike Salas 27 yard field goal for the Jets 24 -0 Jets
Naptown Seminoles 21 yard TD pass; 2pt failed 24-6 Jets

4th Quarter
Fumble Snap in the endzone for Naptown, Safety for Jets 26-6 Jets
Raheam Wilkerson returns kickoff 65 yards for TD (kick good) 33-6 Jets

John Abner to Daryl Bowens 11 TD pass (block kick) 39-6
Naptown TD 70 pass; (2pt failed) 39-12 Jets

John Abner to Paris Long 1 TD pass (Kick Good) 46-12 Jets

John Abner 22/30 289 yards, 4Tds, 1 Int
Jets Team Rushing 25 rushes, 116 yards

Jets Defense:
4 Fumble Recoveries, 2 Ints, 5 sacks, 1 safety

what was the score from the Dragons game?

DRAGONS 42 CHARGERS 6. It was a good game the chargers have some very talented players.

Gambrel,

Do you know who and when you play next yet?

Hendricks

We are off this week since the Play-offs got pushed back 1 week to get some games in....
So we will be playing on Sunday the 7th....
Later today, I might have an Idea of who we are playing since the League is changing the Divisons due to the teams folding

We will be hosting the MidState Steel

Bob are the Steel going to show? And how in God's green earth are the Cowboys fighting for first place against the Buc's?

Steve....
I know you didnt just call me Bob
Bob rarely comes on this site

Ugly in the East thats for sure, but I guess we wont know about the Steel showing up until 2 weeks....

Sad....Sad.....Sad...