supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL PREDICTIONS FOR 10/6- POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW

Good Afternoon SupaNation. Uncle Supa had a long week and just could not hold out through early Friday morning. The good news is that all of the following picks are hot off of the presses- aromatic steam rising from each one like grandma's chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven. In spite of this weekend's projected unseasonable warmth, I know you all have your eyes on the playoff prize. Let's hope you all have better luck thad have my Cubbies have had in the early going.

West Central @ Elkhart

The Rock have found themselves more or less where one might have expected early in the season- in the driver's seat. There is no doubt that they are among 4 very good teams atop the MFL- what remains is to see if they can crack their way into the title game- where they are good enough to make their own break. The Wildcats in 2007 have been a wilder roller coaster than the one set up by the carnies at the Clay County Fair. While there is still a core of old schoolers from the days of MFL dominance, the team is clearly not what it once was. Even a great WCW team would shrivel under the heat of the Shamrock in E-town.

Shamrock 36
Wildcats 12

Miami County (IN) @ South Central

Given the odd formatting of the MFL playoffs which seems to leave all of the early round games destined for blowouts, this game is special- it should be a good one. Raber and the Blitz continue to be what his teams always have been- a no frills, hard hitting and fundamental squad. The difference in this year's installment is a level of speed not seen since the days of the Bulldogs. The Cutters showed recently that they do know how to dominate and that they do possess some special talent. The Blitz are not the whipping boys that Sting were, however. Get ready to see lots of ground game- and get ready to see the Cutters advance.

Cutters 25
Blitz 12

Delaware County @ Adams County

I have never ever doubted that the Chargers had some hard working, dedicated and indeed talented players. There have always just been too few of them for whatever reason. Their unlikely win on Saturday earned them the right to face the juggernaut Patriots, who have been more or less untested for the entire 2007 campaign. The Chargers will be outgunned in every single phase of the game from the first whistle to the last. The outcome of this game is as certain as any game I have ever called- but what is interesting to me is what the impact is on the future of the franchise. What will 2008 bring for Earl and his Mysterious Muncie Madmen? The answer to that question is as wide open as the outcome of this game is absolutely certain.

Patriots 41
Chargers 6

Wabash County @ Indianapolis

This is another game for which there is absolutely no suspense about the outcome. Roger and his Sting have come out of a season that began with solid expectations and was filled with lopsided defeats. The team is looking for its identity and looking ahead to 08 for something better- something much better- than the tough 07 campaign. The Sting will need to work long and hard to develop an offense and put into place a few men who can sustain some drives. That alone will make all the difference. The Dragons punched their ticket to the MFL title game long ago. I don't mean to suggest that either team does not take this game seriously- but both can feel the inevitability of a dominant Dragon win. Looking ahead or not, the Dragons cruise here.

Dragons 51
Sting 0

Darke County @ South Central

Beef brings his team to play a familiar foe. These two teams have been playing one another- in one form or another- as long as anyone can remember, and the games have almost always been much closer than any of us expect. Both teams have long been built on solid defense, and this year's regular season meeting suggests that nothing is different in 07. The Broncos have found a way to win close games- even when the offense flounders or the defense gives up a lot of points. The Warriors have more big play threats than in the past, but the team is streaky offensively and very inconsistent on special teams. On the other hand, the offense has come out of its shell in recent weeks and the team is playing its best football over the course of the last month. The Broncos benefitted strongly from the near-miss with the Generals in the final week of the regular season, and will carry that momentum into the game with the Warriors.

Broncos 22
Warriors 8

Indiana @ Kosciusco County

I can't wait for this game. More than perhaps any other two teams in the league, these two are certain of their destiny to break through and take the crown from the Broncos. They both have the feeling that this is the year- that this is the team that will finally bring home the trophy. The thing is that either of them may very well be right. The Generals' passing game is much better and more consistent than ever before. Over the course of the long season, no other team in the league made fewer costly turnovers or mistakes than did the Generals. The team seems in almost every way destined to win it all. On the other hand, the Mustangs also have an air of destiny about them. In spite of the haters and the drama, the team has continued to roll up the wins and play consistent football. The adversity and controversy of the season have had the effect of bringing the team closer together- something all too rare these days. The game in Warsaw is one that will be remembered for a long time, precisely because the Mustangs were so close, but fell short.

Generals 26
Mustangs 22

That's all I have time for this week. I'll pick up the other playoff races next week as well. Stay hydrated in the hot Saturday air and make sure to bring us all the details you can tolerate from each of your games- none of them is beyond our interest. That kind of engagement in the community and attention to detail- just like dedicated play- is precisely the kind of thing that makes your mammas proud, so get to it.

Re: OFFICIAL PREDICTIONS FOR 10/6- POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW

i would like to say good look to all the teams that are playing....

It was a very hot game today. Thank you Wildcats for coming up here that early in the day & playing a good game. Great game Shamrock. Thats the way we need to play. We need to get out the gates a little better next game.

Wildcats 0
Shamrock 28

Broncos 28
Warriors 0

Good luck to whomever faces these boys. They are very motivated (as they should be).

Dragons 64
Sting 0

well thanks to the warriors for coming all this way. you guys for whatever reason wasnt clicking today. i also would like to say thanks for not talking all the shit that some teams dispalce the whole game. and also thnak you for not being cheap and dirty several times today 98 78 could have hit me blind sided or in the back and choose not too. so for that i wish you all the best in all that you do and have a wonderfull winter and new year god bless steveo

Chargers win! Good job south! I am out like shout! #68 Dragons Chan Roberts

Cutters dominate both sides of the ball... 40-14

the cutters will travel to the patriots and the shamrock will travel to the dragons for the 3rd round the Cutters Shamrock Dragons and Patriots won their games today

chan your a goofball.....i have heard of streching the truth but damn man you just flat out lied your big ass off......pats about 1,000 chargers actual was a big 0.....it's hard to score when you turn the ball over about 10 times.....and four of those were in our own redzone.....only 2 of them were actually picks...the rest were bad exchanges.....we did however do good the second half they only scored twice (one was of a pick on our own 15) pats 48 chargers0

Mustangs 40 Generals 20

Boulder if you would of read my post ealier you would of known I told everyone I was sorry I was miss informed!I was not trying to be asshole! But it is clear that you still are dumbbutt! that is one reason you are from the outside looking in sour grapes! I am out like shout!#68 Dragons Oline Chan Roberts