supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL PICKS FOR 10/13 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW)

Good Morning, SupaNation. As I sit in the chilly early October morning typing these words, it is hard for me to believe that the sun is setting on another season of football for our community. Each season seems shorter than the one before and the hot July days seem now to slide so quickly into those crisp October evenings. Out of every end comes a new beginning, though, and much is left to be fought for in these final weeks. Champions have yet to be crowned- destinies yet to be written. There are no "lucky" teams left playing- only teams that deserve to be padding up this late in the year still have a shot at a trophy. One thing, however, is certain. There's gonna be some great football here in Indiana this weekend. So, it seems fitting that we should have some predictions. Join me, won't you?

South Central Cutters @ Adams County Patriots

The last doubter of the Patriots shrunk into hiding way back in August. Anyone who has seen this team play knows that they are among the best teams in the midwest at any level- in any league. A team that good in the MFL, you ask? Apparently you've not seen the Pats. Wayne and his core of charter members have always had the big hitters and the solid execution. They have always been a team that made more big plays than mistakes- it's just that the big plays are coming in far greater measure these days. The speed and size the team has added over the past two years have been a perfect compliment for the players already in place. That alone can't explain this team's meteoric rise over the past three seasons- it's about team culture. This team believes they can play with anyone- and do it as a team. Last week's episode showed us that the team is not perfect, but we all know that it is how you respond to adversity that counts. Last week's embarrassment will bring the team closer together- not divide it. The Cutters, too, have something special going. They've quietly amassed more D-1 talent than any team in the state and perhaps more than most in the midwest. They have a few units that are completely dominant and they have a team of committed leaders. With the talent and leadership in place, the Cutters should be better than their already dominant record reflects- they have all the pieces, but have yet to play as a team for four quarters. These teams match up very well on both sides of the ball and play remarkably similar types of football. Though the Pats can not match up athlete for athlete, they have a more balanced squad, and certainly more experience. Though it would be a safe pick to go with the Pats at home, I'm picking the Cutters for the upset. The boys from Bloomington will run the ball surprisingly well and the Pats will have to play from behind- something the dominant defense has never come close to this season.

Cutters 21
Patriots 16

Elkhart Shamrock @ Indianapolis Dragons

Curtis and the Rock have had a great freshman campaign in the MFL. Though there were many who feared the worst after a season opening loss to the Pats, it has been clear since that the Rock are a force to be dealt with. The Rock have gotten better as the season has progressed and after having a couple of tough weeks near the middle of the season, are playing their best football of the season. Several positions that seemed to be unsettled late in the year have solidified and the Rock are learning to trust one another to get the job done. The team is full of big play veterans as well as a number of young talent- but they've not yet fully coalesced. The best days for the Shamrock are ahead. The Dragons have never lost a game in the MFL and they do not intend to begin a new streak this week. The team is deep and talented- they silenced the critics early in the preseason by shocking the Broncos and have not slowed down since. They've got the league's most productive offense and a smothering defense. They've got a leadership team that knows how to keep a big team together- even one that is full of egos and sometimes attitudes. They've had a couple of close calls with the Cutters and the Rock will bring a similar sort of team to town. The Rock will be the fastest team the Dragons have seen in league play and you can be sure that they'll spend the first half remembering how to actually be in a game. The host Dragons will be opportunistic on defense and get the late game play that they will need to send the Rock back north.

Dragons 23
Shamrock 21

Kosciusco County Mustangs @ South Central Broncos

August 5th, 2005. That is the last day the South Central Broncos tasted defeat in the Interstate Football League. A whole lot of teams and even a few leagues have come and gone since then- many teams beaten were not around on that day- and some beaten since are no longer. The Broncos have found a way to win close games and dominated games that we thought would be close. The cornerstone of the Broncos throughout their long history has been team defense, and the two time IFL champions have lived up to expectations in that department. Though the 2007 installment brings an inconsistent offense, the defense allows less than 10 points a game, and in the IFL, that will win you a lot of ball games. It may even win you 30 straight ball games. In a rematch of the 2005 title game (and what many expected to be the 2006 title game as well), the Mustangs come to town- still hungry for a trophy. Except for a slip-up against a very good Generals team, the Mustangs have been perfect in 2007- much better and more consistent than ever before. The improvement over past seasons for the Mustangs is that they've found a consistent defense. Though the team has given up a couple of touchdowns here and there, they have given the offense a comfortable cushion and have not asked Whitacre and his gang of receivers to play catch-up. Though there are fewer big plays than in years past, there have also been fewer big mistakes. More than anything, the Mustangs know who they are and Bart has not asked them to be anything else. Unless they do get out of rhythm and try to play outside of their own game, I like the Mustangs to win. As good as the Broncos are, its hard to win any title three years in a row.

Mustangs 24
Broncos 22

Racine Threat @ Chicago Thunder

The meltdown in the Eastern Division of the MSFL has made it clear that the winner of this game will likely be the MSFL champion in 2007. With the Lions out of the mix, it looks like the Thunder's title to lose (with apologies to the Bucs). Racine brought the pain and eliminated the Lions- no small task to be certain, but the Lions were not the Thunder at full strength- and rumor on the street is that is what the Threat will see when they get to town. The Thunder are not the absurdly dominant team of years past, but are certainly a favorite at home. I hope to see the Threat make some noise in a post season tournament, but their season will end this weekend.

Thunder 27
Threat 16

There it is- just a few trophies left to hand out. While the boys from Lima finally got it done, the Jets, MVW and HCW all went quietly into the night- never to be heard from again after dropping their playoff game. We hope to get lots of details on this weekend's games- come what may. Make sure that your wives and ladie friends bundle up in the stands- it's gonna be plenty cold this weekend. And after you buy your momma some hot chocolate at half time, go back out on to that field and make her proud. She deserves nothing less, and after a long season, neither do you.

See you at the game, gents.

Re: OFFICIAL PICKS FOR 10/13 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW)

Man We Never Get Picked To Win Any Games I Guess We Need To win 31 Games To Get RESPECT, Oh Wait This Would Be Our Last Game In This League If That Happens.

Broncos have been picked to win in 7 games by supafan alone.

can someone please give us some directions to the Shamrock/Dragons game for this Sat. i would love to go and watch these two teams go at it but i dont know where to go or what time to be there.Any info would be helpfull ASAP so i can make plans for tomorrow because im a huge Mustangs fan and i wouldnt want to miss a second of that game either. Good luck to all who are still in the hunt in the MFL and good luck to the Mustangs and with any luck this game will take place this time around.

The Shamrock Dragon game will be at Douglas Park 2801 Dr. Andrew J. Brown Ave, Indianapolis, In. 46205. Kickoff is at 1:00.

LOL....the game is going to happen!!

Hats off to the rock Frazier and Jenkins have not lost a step you guys are still one hell of a force and you have one hell of a good team! MUCH REspect for all you guys! 20-14 Dragons win !!! Great game to everyone! #68 Dragons Chan Roberts MFL south Champions 2007

broncos win 31-0

THREE PEAT BABY!!!!!!! Congrats to the Broncos for winning the championship! I am proud of each and everyone of you!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

Mickey Coomer's wife
Jodi Coomer

Hats off to the broncos! Congrats #68Dragons Chan Roberts 2007 south MFL Champions who the north!

Great game! It was overall a clean game! I thought that this would be an ugly game but it wasnt! To all the doubters.......Undefeated!!! Champions!!!! Everyone talked about how the Mustangs were going to take this one and that we would not be able to stop the offense and our offense would not score on their defense....WRONG...Coach Rondell has to one of the best coaches and he is always prepared and he had the PERFECT game plan for us and we went our and executed exactly what he wanted!!! Congrats to Rondell and the coaching staff!!! They are the reason we won this game and they are the reason we won this game HANDS DOWN!!! To the Mustangs.....i honestly believe that you guys have a GREAT team...I honestly believe our COACHING won this game....and im not taking away from the players because we played our hearts out.

Broncos....thank you for letting me be a part of what you guys have....i would challenge everyone to continue what you have built and fight the temptations and the distractions from other teams and continue to build what we have here!!! Most of us are young and we have something special....dont end it now!!! I love this team and hope we get even stronger in the years to come. Thanks for the opportunity!!! JC out!!!

One more thing.....THANK YOU TO ALL THE WIVES, GIRLFRIENDS AND FAMILIES THAT ALLOWED MY TEAMMATES AND MYSELF TO CONTINUE TO PLAY A SPORT THAT WE HAVE ALL GROWN UP ON AND LOVE. WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT AND DEDICATION.....WE WOULDNT BE DOING THIS....I SAY THANK YOU!!!

if i remember right werent the broncos talking all that smack last year about how the dragons didnt go undefeated they lost two preseason games and how they werent undefeated they were 12-2.....oh thats right i do remember that guess what broncos congrats on the 3 peat hard to do in any sport let alone one were you dont get paid... you guys weerent undefeated...you lost to the juggernaut that is the dragons....so your 31 game win streak....never really happened and you undefeated season.....didnt really happen either but you are unbeaten in league play...only b/c the dragons were not allowed onto the ifl(not that they would wanna be in that league)....payback sucks huh...... but what do i know i am just a PUD!!

Is there going to be a Dragons vs Broncos rematch???

I was actually refering to league play....I was saying it because of the issue between the Mustangs and Broncos earlier this year.....If you want to call the Dragons top dog....do it...im sure it makes your feel better...they beat us that game fair and square...they was the best team that day...7-6...

the 31 game win streak is just in league play because the C.I Bears beat them a few years ago....but hey im sure if the Dragons win their championship they would want another shot at us....just as we do....

Im sure that will be determined later....Dragons are still in their League playoff...

I can tell you that the Broncos wouldnt mind it at all....actually we are kinda hoping it happens....if it works for both teams...

i was just blowing smoke up your skirt.... i personally would like to play you guys agian....but none of this come help our team win shit that supposedly happened last game....from both parties!!!but in all likelyhood this game will not happen due to us wanting to go to nationals....buti would love to see the mfl/ifl day we have talked about.... champ vs champ 2nd vs. 2nd and so on......we could do it here at warren central high or bendavis seeing how those 2 schools can accomdate that many peopla and teams both or carmel they got areally nice facilities

yo pud you are a dumb dick.... we were beaten by the lafayette lions in 2005 7-6 called at half (Lightning)
we were 10-3 that yr... also in 2006 we were defeated by lafayette again like 20-19 when our QB broke his ankle with less than a min to go at 50yd line... So u guys werent the 1st to beat us....
and FYI no excuses but if you recall our game against you...
imagine what it would b if we had our KICKER the GURU...
oh shit those 3 times we were in the red zone we might have scored...... imagine that!
i dont even care about whatever roster issue u have to talk about! we dont care that u beat us...hell i dont care who u are! youre dumb!
if you want to keep talking... schedule another game with your playoff roster! were interested!

Kurt 36
BRONCOS

2 blunts= $50.00
300 beers= $750
winning a 3-peat on the Mustangs= priceless!

Way to go everyone on the 3 peat!!!!!!I just wanted to say that I am very happy to be apart of this team. It's awesome to be around a great group of guys, even though we have our doubts at times, we still bring it no matter what. The speech that Rondell gave to the players before the game was nothing less but heart-felt. I felt what he said to us the whole game. At first I was going to quit after this season, but after what happened last night, I didn't think twice about coming back, I'll definitely be back next year. To Nick Anderson and Doc, even though I may not have been around you both that long,I wish you the best of luck with whatever is ahead in your life and what is in your present lives to come. I had fun being a part of this team. Thanks for letting me be apart of this program, I love all of you guys man!!!! DsTyLe out...

Oh yeah and one more thing. Congrats Mustangs, ya'll did your thing...get hungry for next year, and to #68, if I really threw your hip out.....my bad man..haha...congrats again to you all....get hungry for next year. Dstyle out!

Broncos-

Congrats on the championship, 3peat, undefeated IFL season, and 31-game IFL win streak! That was a fun game to watch last night!

I wish I could have started your defense for my fantasy football team this week! (I could use it, my team sucks!)

Shanda

P.S. No way they made the "GURU" FG rule this year, not putting the ball at the 20 yard line after a miss!?

For all those who may be interested,
Patriots 28
Cutters 22

This one literally came down to the last second of the game as the Cutters were on the two yard line and just couldn't quite find the end zone. They did score the first touchdwon on the Pat's defense all year. It just sucked for us that they were able to score two more after that. Oh well, three TD's in 10 games, that's not bad!!!!

Threat 7
Thunder 13
The game came down to turn overs and the Thunder won that battle....again! We had a chance with 1:56 in the game and our offense just stalled. Good luck to the Thunder next week, even though I don't think they will nedd it. Time for the Threat to make a statement in the mid States Tournament!!