supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mfl ship

Cant wait to see the pats spread offense agianst the dragons Corners will be a great battle.

Re: Mfl ship

Whattup nephew? I think you are right..I think another good matchup will be the coaching on both teams. I heard the dragons were down against the Rock and came back big time. I think the Drags have shown they can adjust pretty good in game....Beast OUT!!!

The officials showed they can adjust well in a game too once the money is in their pocket... The Shamrock didn't stand a chance once the yellow hankies started flying at them... Not to mention the lack of flags that should have been against the Dragons... Everytime the Shamrock made a play in the second half their was a flag... Oh I forgot to mention the horrible spotting of the ball was huge too...

Yeah enjoy it Patriots, you guys will finally get your trophy, tainted by however it may be... Good job Earl, give the Pats a weaker Dragons team instead of a strong Shamrock team. Maybe this way the officiating won't have to be lopsided, smart thinking...

Be aware semi-pro football world... The M.F.L. is a rigged league. If you don't wish to win the championship then play in this league...

Well it sounds like we may need to worry about the officials if they are indeed that biased toward the Dragons.
I hate to think that the officials would make the difference in any game, let alone one that means so much. I have my concerns about officials in every game, I believe that every coach does.
Are you absolutely sure it was the officials that cost the Shamrock the game and not the fact that the Dragons are a good football team. If the Rock had them down 14-0 at the half, you would think that would be enough to keep the rock fired up and keep the Dragons down. I have said it before and I'll say it until someone steps up and gets the job done. The Dragons are the team to beat in the MFL. The fact that they have played two full seasons and they haven't lost a game means a lot.
Like Ric Flair says, "If you want to be the man, you've got to BEAT the man" WOOOOO!

I don't know who is posting but there is a message there...
That crew has had an agenda in every game that I have seen them in....and not just ours
I have consistently seen them in our games multiple times spot the ball then walk back an yard or 2 and set it down....I watched the side judge on our side have the chain crew spot the chains on his right foot for us and between his legs for the dragons...and the kicker was a formation penalty with less than 2 min in the fourth quarter that took a touchdown off the board....called by the ref on the side with no tight end on his side....no way the receiver on that side did not get on the line.....I was told to get off the field and I would get an explanation.....which I did not....I dont think asking for an explanation on a call that again took a touchdown off the board with less than 2 min in the fourth quarter was asking too much

Now keep in mind that I am not downplaying how the Dragons played one bit....they are a very good team and did what they were supposed to do...come out and ball...but we all knew something was gonna happen when we saw what crew showed up..

and Wayne you know you dont have nothing to worry about....your team is the only one I have seen this year have someone sat down for plays without a penalty and the side judge on our side that could not see a pass interference or holding against our receiver 10 yards away the whole second half on sat is the same one who could "see" a touchdown catch from 30 yards away at our game

I am not arguing the outcome of games.....but more so saying this is not right.....this is not as good as it gets.....I have been around long enough to know there are better officials....take what you want from all this but I expect more for my money time and players

-Coach Bell

What team do you coach?? If you have a issue bring it up with your team rep and let them deal with it on our site. There is a reason there are two message boards the public cant see.... Your always goning to have a ref or two that does things you dont like, that will never change.

yup...your right...sweep it under the rug and it is how it is.....

Thats prob what has gotten us to this point....

If you think I am only looking at this from my teams standpoint you are only reading what you want to read

The championship game is left and hopefully it is treated as such

-Coach Bell

WHO CARES.....Show me one instance of how the refs have helped us get to this point? We barely lost to the Dragons last year in the ship by 3 points with 18 guys to their 40+. We have earned it and you are just a hatin, girly-man, jealous ninnny.....lol...(since I cant say what I want to say). We have whooped everyone we beat fair and square....Keep hatin though, it looks good on you. Some of the people in the league this year should really leave it if they have so much beef. I have to say the quality of MEN in the league seems to have gone down from what posts like yours have shown. I think this will definitely be my last year cuz Im sick of ya punks. I have beef with certain calls too and can respect people airing their opinions, but to say my team has been handed anything is a joke. We have worked since April to get to this point and didn't go out and recruit new guys during the season to try and make it happen......F OFF!!!!! BEAST OUT!!!!! Good luck Dragons!

Curtis..

hit me on my email...

Hendricks

Refs helped us? LOL I dont think you play for the Shamrocks...Sounds like someone from another team starting trouble. Hmmm, now who would benefit most from a distracted Pats team at this point? I wonder. Whats your number who cares? Mine is quite obviously posted.

i dont play for the shamrock. But i am with the rock. It's funny that you try to put the focus on another team instead of the Rock!

See! Ive said this before...Coaches and players should be the only ones allowed to post...its always some damn fan starting ish they know nothing about. Im done with this one...if you dont have the balls to suit up then shut ya mouth!!!!!!

the penalty that was called on the shamrock that took away the touchdown......first off your guy was 2 yards off the line of scrimmage.....secondly the flag was thrown as soon as the ball was hiked so in no way did the ref that called it know the play was gonna result in a touchdown....also as far as the spotting with the markers... the chaingang are not professionals and they dont get paid for it....so they sometimes dont know how to do it...and i know from playing for 2 different teams this year (dragons&chargers) that the refs suck all across the bouad and make bad calls for and againest everyone

I have played semi-pro ball for many years in many leagues(MCFL, CRFL, LSFL, GLFL) and I came on later in the season to play for the Shamrocks with guys who I have gotten to know over the years. I was very surprised with the high quality of play in the league. The perception outside of the MFL is that it is a second tier league. However, what I found from experience is not that the players are second rate, but the league management is. In the 4 games that I played, not one started on time---due to officials showing up late. In one game against the Sting, they did not even show up at all. This is a disgrace and a deterant to potential fans. How do you tell your friends and family to come to a game when you do not even know when it will start? This is unacceptable at any level of ball and I have only experienced it on the rare occasion in my career-due to an emergency. However, in the MFL, this appears to be a weekly issue that is accepted by the league who assign the officials. This would not be tolerated by individual teams if they were hiring and assigning the officials--so why is it tolerated by the league. As far as the Dragons game last Saturday...it is unfortunate that the game played out the way it did. The Dragons are a very athletic and physical football team and the bottom line is we were up 14-0 at the half and should never have given the officials the opportunity to affect the outcome of the game. The Dragons came out with a great gameplan in the second half and made necessary adjustments. However, as I told their coach after the game, their victory was tainted by a piss poor officiating crew. I am not one to blame a loss on the officials...but I will say they sucked! Not just for our squad but for both. The point is that they are not qualified to referee minor league games and their horrible calls, lack of calls and poor management of the game would not be tolerated in high school, college or most other semi-pro leagues. I find it laughable that they show up over 1 hour late for our game, but leave and go to referee the second semi-final game. My bottom line is the league needs to intervene in this situation and evaluate who is being paid to officiate the games. It seems to me that there are consistent complaints across the board from all teams. This is the point that Coach Bell is trying to make...not that the refs. won the game, but that we all invest too much time, money and energy to play with officials who do not dedicate the same time and energy when they are the only ones getting paid!

Now be honest, how many high quality refs want to put up with the shit that they get??? All the foul language and remarks made to them at games for missing a hold or something (or some of the fighting that happens). We got a player on our team who is a ref for the local peewee group, he had to read a book and take some test to ref games and he still hasnt met the criteria to ref high school games. Theres a lot of requirements to be a ref. Now as for showing up late or not at all i dont see a excuse for that, but getting on here and complaining wont get anything done either. Like the other guy said, talk to your rep. The refs dont get on here, and i havent seen any questions on our officals message board about it either.

The refs arent forced intro doing it or drafted by the army..its a paid job that they accept. If they have any pride, they want to get paid for a job well done, not just get paid.

If I was ever to be a ref, and one day I will Im sure..I would take alot of pride in my calls, and non calls.

I know some true quality officials who have alot of respect for the game, and I have played against some who have been flat out horrible.

Like any job, you have workers that are good, and ones that are bad..the difference is..if you are bad as an official.. someone unfairly looses a game, and in some cases, a playoff game and a season.

whats funny is that no is saying anything about the shamrock WR who pulled the Dragons CB out of the way to make a catch for a TD. They only want to say what was bad for them. The only bad call was at the end of the game the dragons CB did P.I. the WR for the shamrock but it would not have changed anything. The game was over.

Well Mr. Vikings 47,

What good would it do to complain or express our feeling on a message board on the league site when nothing will be done about it??? We are here to voice our opinions about the M.F.L. in front of the semi-pro (organized sandlot) world to expose the b.s. Earl will just listen to the complaints while doing nothing. He has his agenda already planned for himself & the Patriots. I just love how he says that "The M.F.L. is not like the other league (I.F.L.)". Maybe he is right, at least in that league everyone has an even opportunity for the title, I honestly believe that in the M.F.L. only one team has a true chance. For those that want to disbelieve my comments about Earl then maybe you all should read this. This is from the M.F.L. message board in which Earls himself felt he should share with the league reps on the "M.F.L. Board Members Only" section. Imitation Is The Best Form Of Flattery Views: 26

Earl

While we are all buried in preparing for our playoff games, a little humorous distraction is always good for the soul, so............

That other league and their three offshoot websites (StupidFan, Sports Reporter, & Ida pictem) are always good for a laugh or two. Most of the information listed there is inaccurate, but people do read it and are influenced by it (some more than others, but you'll learn).

So after going all year without even slightly peering at any of these sights, I poked my nose onto that other leagues' website (they still don't use the thing, just look at their message board dates and such), and what did I see..........A map displaying roads and such, and each one of their members logos come rising up out of the communities in which these members are headquartered. Wow, does that sound familiar.

So after all that we spoke of at our winter meeting of them mimicking us (their original logo, their football logo, their attempt to corrall all the naysaying on StupidFans' sight, etc.), once again they take one of our ideas and use it as their own.

When we were young and one of our younger siblings would drive us nuts by copying the things we did, our moms would try and calm us by telling us that "imitation is the best form of flattery, your younger brother just wants to be like you".

Boy, don't they.

What do you think people??? Is this how a so called commisioner of a league should act??? Is this an example of his representation??? With representation such as this I see the M.F.L. going only one place... The ship is going down like the Titanic. My only question now is, Is the Capt. going down with it like a man, or is he jumping off the ship like a rat looking for dryer ground???

Is anyone truly surpriised that a man who cannot even run his own team cannot run an entire league. How many leagues in this country do you know that would allow its league commissioner to have a team that consistently forfeits games. This is not new to this season, but has gone on all the way back to the days of the Federal Football League when Earl ran the Delaware Co. Thunder and forfeited numerous games. He does not even have the decency to do so respectfully and usually waits until game day and comes up with some BS excuse. One example is when the Thunder forfeited a game against the Miami Valley Panthers in 2001 on game day and made the excuse that the field was unplayable due to the fact that the sprinkler system had malfunctioned and ran all night. Unfortunately, due to the untimely cancellation of the game(hours before), several players had made the trip to Delaware Co. and found a field without one drop of water. Come on people, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. There are quality AA leagues out there that provide structure and a level playing ground. The quality teams of the MFL should explore some of these options in the offseason and join together, reducing travel for all.

OK, Since the can is open, What the hell.
If anyone thinks the refs are going to throw the game in favor of the Patriots, that's fine. Think what you want, but I would invite any of you to come watch the game, and even find an officiating crew that fits you criteria, since every one of you have an opinion. Please find a crew that will be completely unbiased, and impartial. Maybe an "all-star" crew to work the game. I would be perfectly alright with that. The Patriots have never asked for ANY special favors, and never will!
Would y'all be shit talkin any other team, or you just hate us that bad?
If you want to talk to me in person, you know where I'll be on Saturday. I'm pretty easy to find and I'll make time to answer any questions, or listen to any complaints any of you might have about me personally or my team! Can't make it Saturday, I have contact info all over the place, USE IT!
I refuse to let any of you fools belittle the work my team has done to get to the point we are at. So far we have been fortunate enough to have beaten every team we have faced this season and I GUARANTEE the refs didn't do it for us.
A couple of you who are weighing in on this matter won't even identify yourselves or your team affiliation so your opinion doesn't count.
If you do not like the MFL, DON'T COME BACK NEXT YEAR! But I doubt that you find too many leagues that are that much different. These leagues are not the NFL, the players don't get paid and usually have their own lives to live. I always thought that we do this for FUN, maybe I missed the point somewhere along the line. Get over yourselves!
Yes, I believe that we have a lot to work out with the officiating as well, but that probably will not happen over night, but with all of the team reps input, it will happen.

Wolf, you missed the point. In no way, shape or form do I think the referees have given your team any game, nor will they give you the victory on Saturday! I think all teams in this league have been negatively affected by poor officiating, lack of accountability for referees and league officials and things such as forfeits(by the commissioners team) and teams folding. I have played in numerous leagues across the midwest during my long career and yes all do have issues, not even the NFL is perfect, but issues that I saw with the MFL are inexcusable. For one, how many leagues allow a team who has multiple forfeits to play in league playoffs when they magically have enough players to field a team? Just things to think about. I see several organizations doing things the right way, with nice facilities, coaching staffs, talented players, etc....and believe that they deserve more. I think there are several teams in the MFL that would be great additions to more stable, organized leagues. I know that this is just recreational football, but I personally invest a lot of time and money into this and will not settle for second rate. All the issues that have been discussed in this thread are reparable, but when the league commissioner is part of the problem, it is difficult for him to be a part of the solution!

I agree with you to an extent. However, in defense of the Chargers, they are not the first team to forfeit games and then be included in the playoffs. The primary purpose of the MFL is to allow players that want to play the opportunity to do so. I have also been affiliated with several leagues, and have seen the same things happen in all of them as well. You contend that you have invested a lot of time and money, so have many of the rest of us. I know there are a couple teams that do not charge their players a fee to play. It is fantastic that they can do that. I hope to be in that position someday myself. There are many more teams that do charge a fee. I know that across the board, all teams have bills to pay and obligations to meet, many times that burden falls squarely on the shoulders of the team owner or management. Sometimes that burden gets to excessive and the team ceases to exist.
I am in no way condoning poor officiating, and feel much the same as the rest of you, however, there is NO ONE that is posting on this board that can affect a change tomorrow, if at all. But if we deal with the situation as a whole, and in a professional manner, we will get the results that we all want. I agree that we are paying a lot of money and there is an expectation of the service we should receive for that money. (Officiating is the second largest expense my team incurs each season.) But there are channels that need to be followed to get the desired outcome.
How many officials do you think have actually read this board or even care that it exists? Until they hear our cries, nothing can happen. If you want the problem fixed, go to the person who can fix it!

well not what I envisioned when I chimed in but there has been some constructive talk going on....really how many meetings go on in the winter months to really clear this stuff up.....prob not enough....and you have to excuse me because I am used to a head of officials checking the boards but I may have just been around too long

I myself dont mind talking about issues in the open...If anything it would help focus some of the issues that everyone feels are important and would make those meetings more efficient.

Obviously I dont mind based off the whole field issue at the beginning of the year....by the way..how many teams received our playbook in an email from the "stand up" ex owner....come on you can be honest...lol

-Coach Bell

Hey MFL is a joke, you're the joke and I'm waiting for the punch line. You are a pansy,
What a bunch of crybabies.
If it shoulda been the Rock and Cutters, they'd probably be there. As it turns out, it is the Patriots and the Dragons and should be a pretty good game in spite of the fact that the two programs are inferior and needed to cheat to get where they are.
When y'all get some original material why don't you try again.
Again, if the teams don't take care of their business on the field and let the refs have that big of an impact on a game, maybe you need to ask yourself what you could have done better.
OK, your turn!

Well this seems to be a big topic. All I can say is as the Shamrock Captain of the D is real simple we let the Dragons hang around in the 3rd quarter when we should have shut them down like we did in the 1st half. Half time 14 - 0 Shamrock. Any team can win on any day its up to the players to prove you want it. I'm sure you will all agree we had one hell of a game and I'm sure the Dragons know they played one hell of a 1st Year Team. We have moved on as a Team its time now to get ready for this weeks Game. Good luck to Pat's and Dragons enjoy this years Champioship we will see you again, you are now the Hunted. Later Frazier 72

ps Dragons 21
Pats 17

Each year there is someone or a group of some ones that feel it is necessary to bash the MFL and Earl Parsons. And of course over the years the people complaining the most have participated in league discussions the least and have failed to offer to the league possible solutions to the problem.
Not that those complaining will admit any wrong doing or lack of effort to better the league on their part but……
The MFL has an Officials Board that the Director of Officials DOES read. Each team was also given contact information for the Director of Officials. As of this post no Shamrock representative has posted a message on the Officials Board concerning their last game. To the best of my knowledge no tape or other form of media has been offered to the Director of Officials for review of what ever issues the Shamrock had. People can assume that the Director of Officials gets on the SupaFan site. But that is simply an assumption.
Secondly, as I have said for years it is up to the teams in the league to make the league better. The MFL use to ask that teams send in tapes of questionable, missed, bad, or otherwise calls by the officials. The purpose was to provide “evidence” to the Director of Officials of the situation, then to work internally with the Director of Officials to try to reduce or eliminate similar situations. Did any teams send in a tape, NO. Did teams continue to complain, Yes.
As Wolf and others have said, I completely agree with the fact that the officials should NOT be showing up late. However, all I have heard about is complaints. I have not heard any solutions to the problem. What does the league do if a group of officials shows up late? Is it a one time your out deal or does the league give them a second chance? Are all the guys in that group of officials banned from the MFL? What if one of the guys that showed up late in week one shows up on time with a completely different crew on week 3? Obviously the Director of Officials is responsible for assigning a crew to a game, so who is going to be responsible once the crew gets to the game to make sure that none of the officials are on the banned list? How are we as a league going to identify the officials at the games? Are we going to get copies of their driver’s license? Who is going to be responsible for maintaining and storing this type of information? What about requirements/level of experience? That opens up dozen more questions about what we as a league will accept and not accept and how to verify it.
As stated above, over the years there is always someone that doesn’t want to follow protocol. There is always some one that is eager to bash the league even though they have done little to nothing to help the league become a better more complete league. As a league we cannot resolve problems if the teams with in the league do not HELP!
Next: Chargers
It may come to a surprise to you all but the Chargers forfeiting a few games to be able to keep the team together for the end of the season was a league decision not an Earl decision. Earl left it up to the league BOARD (yes the league really has a board). The BOARD discussed and agreed for this process to happen. The BOARD felt it was better that the Chargers forfeit a couple of games but keep the team in the league for this year rather than have a team fold. Several teams had to make adjustments for this to happen and as a group the league worked together internally for what they felt was BEST for the league (not Earl).
Next: Dragons @ Patriots
Earl has no invested interest in who wins this game. To imply that he some how managed to get officials to call a favorable game for one team or another is absurd. You guys make Earl out to be an idiot. SupaFan makes comments about him not being able to field a better team in Muncie, IN. You all criticize him as a commissioner of a league. Then you give him enough credit to organize the season so that the Patriots end up in the Championship game. Come on guys! For one, the Patriots are in the Championship game because they have a hell of a team (as do the Dragons). Secondly, the Patriots had different officiating crews through out the season. Third, the Director of Officials which was voted on and approved by all league board members is who assigns the officials to each game not Earl.
Earl simply does for the league what no one else will. He is more than open to the idea of other league board members taking on more responsibility with in the league. If you were either participating in league discussions (assuming you are a league board member) or became a league board member then you would know this.
Me:
My name is Michael Simpson for those who want to know. Pissing in the wind gets your feet wet. But there are solutions to problems if people are willing to put as much energy in making the league better as they are in ripping it apart.

Agreed, Michael....well put.

Now....Can we put this to bed so the rest of us can go watch a championship game?

Please?

I just want to say that i was at the Shamrock/Dragons game and the officials was the worst that i have seen at any level of football. The old dude that was a side judge working with the chaingang should just get out of the way because he couldnt run up and down the feild,pick his flagsssssssssssss up, or even spot the chains. I know the chain guys were just kids and didnt even care of the outcome of this game so cant put any blame on them, but i heard the wrinkled ass ole fart tell them, just get it close as long as youre within a yard.

I hope the no name, mfl sucks i second that dude doesn't mean the Patriots only beat the Cutters and the Shamrock with help from the refs.

ANYBODY HATIN ON EARL, THE MFL, THE PATS, OR THE DRAGONS AND USING AN ANONYMOUS NAME IS NOT A MAN.....Scared to use your real name or talk to Earl directly? OBVIOUSLY! KEEP POSTIN AND LOSIN, CUZ ITS ALL YOU ARE GONNA DO!

Beast-Pats. your right on so many levels accept 1. You didnt whip everyone you played. It was a close game at our house. And you know if we would have had more than 18 guys show up the last few games it prob would have been us at your house instead of the cutters!!! But woop? Good luck anyway win one for the north boys!!!!!

Spence I didnt mean it like that...thats the slang gettin the best of me...I meant it just plainly as beat. I cant help the slang.

Hey Michael...you passed a lot of useful info there and that was the point!

Good Luck to both teams tomorrow!

-Coach Bell

Wow.

Gee, where to start. As an MFL player I can say that we have our share of officiating problems. My biggest issue this year was the fact that we had no officials for the Shamrock game. And when Roger called the head of officials, he said they weren't coming and had no solution except to ask the Shamrock to come back the next day. Wayne and some of the other players from the Patriots officiated that game for us and I think the Shamrock would agree that they did a better job anyway. But the point is that the head of officials didn't seem to even care. That's a huge thing in my book. I do know that the owners will do what is possible to make the situation better for next year.

As far as Earl handing anything to the Patriots, that's ridiculous. The Patriots have earned their way where they are, period. Anyone who's stepped on the field with them should know that.

The last post regarding the officials was not made by myself. As Head Coach of the Cutters I want to congrtulate the patriots on their championship. I will say that I am not a fan of the officials in the Midwest Football league. They are quite frankly the absolute worst excuse for officials I have ever seen but they did not cost us the game with the Patriots. We were beat by 6 points we committed too many tounovers in our game and that was a major reason why we lost. Yes there were some downright terrible calls during the game and both teams had to endure stupidness by the officials.
The Midwest Football is a very good league that now as a league MUST say ENOUGH of this from the officials. The cutters did not start a home game on time all year and that is a shame and an embarrassment when you have 300 to 400 fans at a game ready to see some football and you have to have your PA guy tell them the delay is because we are waiting on the refs to arrive. It doesn't matter how professional your team, organization, or league is when that happens you look bush league and when it happens week in and week out you look unorganized and people wonder where your leadership is. I have not voiced my feelings on this yet but I am now. I have read where people say show me some proff well we have all our games on tape and I do HAVE PROOF beyond any doubt of the leagues officials lack of knowledge of the game and the rules of the league. I can show you penalties happening right in front of an official and there not being a call made and I have had several instances during the season where a no call took place and when I questioned the official his response to me ws this " Coach I saw it and I am going to talk to the man about it" now that is real class not only do these guys feel they should take control of the game but they want to be counslers on the fieeld. It isn't their job to talk to a player who is making late hits or throwing cheap shots it IS THEIR PLACE to make the calls and enforce the rules that is what they are being paid for. These guys are dangerous calling games the way they do and allowing the things to happen that they do will someday get someone seriously injured. I'm thankful it did not happen this year. The MFL officials seem to be playing to a tv camera and they want to always make the games exciting and close, Thats not what a game official should be doing JUST CALL THE DAMN GAME and do it like it is something you want to be professional about they get paid good money for working our games and right now I don't think we had an official that worked any of our games who deserved a single penny. Now I have made some statements here and I'll stand by them and like I said I do have proff and I'd be willing to sit down and show any non believers. I just hope the Midwest football league will stand up and correct this MAJOR PROBLEM.
To the person who posted as the cuteers in the previous post you do not speak for this team I do as Head Coach and President of the Board of Directors. Give the Adam County Patriots they due they won the game and deserve our congrats. I have a lot of respect for Wayne Wolf and his organization. Don't take anything from them. Get yourself a user name that is you and offer suggestions as to how to solve the problem don't get on here and bash a team that we lost to. I can assure you the Patriots respect the Cutters just as we respect them.
I am glad to see people telling the truth about the sh**y officials we had to endure this year in the league I think they should all be returned to a pee wee league somehwre but then I hate to do that to young kids.
Head Coach Allen
South Central Cutters Football
southcentralcutters@gmail.com
www.cuttersfootball.org

cutters,

You are dead on in the fact that they're going to get someone hurt. It's the non-calls that scare me. I've seen so many late hits not called this year it's unreal. And, like you said, someone is going to get injured severely and the blame is going to rest squarely on the shoulders of the officials.

thank you for having the courage to answer me on this everyone wants to just keep it quiet but it can't be swept under the rug anymore I have one video of a player on mine getting hit squarely in the back 2 yards out of bounds this happen on a kick off and right before the kick I asked the official to watch the player and it is clear on the video tape he was looking right at the player when he hit my player and when I blew my top his reply was " I saw it Coach I'm going to talk to him" I swear these guys are useless

It sucks that the Dragons are leaving and sucks even more if the officiating is the reason. I got to know Josh T this year and it's very sad that we are losing that organization. I think you are correct that it seems to have been swept under the rug. I know last year it seemed to be a sin to question the refs or head of officials. But they have been worse this year by far. And I think you and I would agree that we're not talking about a bunch of thug players trying to hurt guys either. Guys get overexcited sometimes and it's up to the refs to keep that kind of thing in check. That's their JOB! However, I'm sure there are some guys in the league who have found out they could get away with certain things and take advantage of it too. Either way, the refs are supposed to keep that kind of thing from happening. I've seen my share of uncalled facemask tackles this year and I cringe every time it happens. There's no excuse to not call something like that or late hits out of bounds or any of it really.

As I said in my previous post this happens every year. There is a post on the MFL message board that no one cares. I find that ironic. The no ones that have the ability to make changes with in the MFL are the TEAM OWNERS/REPRESENTATIVES. To me they would seem to be the ones that would care the most. And by the way a few MFL teams are handling this situation I would say that they do care. At least enough to start the process of disecting the MFL yet again.
There is talk about what rules are in play. All MFL Board members have access to the MFL Officials message board. On the MFL Officials message board there is a post called MFL Modified High School Rules dated July 14, 2007. In this post it states that the MFL uses Indiana High School rules and then lists the modification to said rules. I would also say as a former team owner that if I seriously wanted a rule book then I would have found an Indiana High School rule book some where some how on my own and would have printed off the modifications from the MFL Officials message board. Again, this goes back to how bad you want it and making something happen for yourself rather than complaining that the league doesn't do enough. One of the things that needs to be brought up in the next league meeting is who's responsibility it is going to be to "produce" an MFL Rule book. In addition, how are the rule books going to be paid for? Does the MFL put this responsibility on the Director of Officials? If so do they compensate him for his time or at least his cost in producing such rule books? If the Director of Officials is not going to "produce" it who is? Maybe instead of accusing the MFL of sweeping things under the rug, team reps should be saying hey there is a problem and I AM WILLING to be on an Officials Board where I AM WILLING as part of the MFL to work directly with the Director of Officials to ensure refs show up on time, that refs that do not show up on time are dealt with, that I will help design the procedure for dealing with officials that show up late or officiate a game poorly, I will help to review game film then discuss what I have seen with the Director of Officials, then I will make recommendations to the Director of Officials on what the policy I help implement into the league is for that particular situation. Yeah, no body cares, NO people care but they are too busy pointing their finger rather than stepping up to HELP THE LEAGUE.
There are two directions to go for a few of the teams in the MFL. They can STEP UP TO THE PLATE and as an MFL BOARD MEMBER MEET THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES TO BETTER THE LEAGUE. Or they can keep complaining helping to undermind the very league that supported them all season and leave the league as a few teams have done in the past.
Many of you (not all)want Earl to fail. But what you fail to realize is that there is 8 other MEN on the MFL Board that are just as responsible for the success or failure of the league. At any point and time any one of these 8 MEN can voice their opinion which also means they can voice their solution. Any one of these MEN can take it up on themselves to provide informations, research, proof, statistics or anything else to the other 7 MEN on the league board. As I have said before, Earl simply does what other MFL Board members have yet offered to do for the league.
If you do care STOP POINTING FINGERS, and STAY LOYAL TO THE LEAGUE AND YOUR COMMITMENT TO THE LEAGUE. The MFL is ONLY AS GOOD AS THE TEAM REPS THAT MAKE UP THE MFL BOARD!
Give it a rest, we aren't in middle school anymore!

this is my first post, my name is mike holt. now we have been introduced let me say some things in response to that back and forth written beatings that have been delivered to the officiating crew involved in the shamrock-dragons game. i have won national titles, state titles, coached and played for some of the best teams in this country in 3 different sports over the last 20 years. one thing is always consistent... the officials upset someone. never have i seen them be perfect. in any level in any sport on any given day. that being said i have also never been perfect despite all the titles i have achieved individualy or as a team member. bad calls and bad bounces are something we must rise above. i think the officiating was horrible in our game against the dragons but when things are going against you, you have to be a man and conquer what is in front of you, the dragons won. the 45 men on our side of the field had more to do with the dragons victory then the 5 officials in the middle of the field. the team on the other side of the field (dragons) took advantage of all opportunities in front of them and turned it into a chance to play for a championship. it doesnt matter if you have to fight 11 or 16 to win, you still have to fight, we stopped fighting the 11 and focused on the 5, thats no way to insure victory. this is football not life and death... soldiers dont complain about officials... they do what that have to to survive. we would have faired better to play that way in the second half. sometimes you can learn more about who you are in defeat than in victory... we have moved on to the mid states tournament and i pray we learned from our loss to the dragons, if we have learned we can deliver lessons to the rest of the teams that we will face, instead of trying to win a game thats been over for 10 days. WHO ROCK!!!!!

SHAMROCK!!!!

To Mike Holt:

What team did you win a national title with?
What team did you win state championships in?
What three sports did you win all of them in?

What years?

I am not trying to be confronting of you, I am mostly curious my friend, that is an impressive record.

Well spoken Mr. Holt! I've lost plenty of football games and I've seen/had my fair share of bad calls, but never have I lost a game because of the guys wearin stripes.

canadian soldier... thanks for the interest in my and my teams accomplishments. i didnt make those statements to be cocky just to explain that all sports in some ways are connected. ill list a few for you though. indiana state champions in fast pitch for coors light/malcolms pub. 6' and under amatuer national slam dunk competition (held in sacramento california) a number of open tournament victories in mixed martial arts... helped coach an undefeated pop warner team, (though the head coach and D cord. were the real big guns.) associated with a national championship fast pitch team that also won an international title. realy though this message is more about the present than the past and you know what they say about athletes... those who can no longer play, COACH:) im very proud of coach bell and our shamrock team, i am the assistant coach there and plan on adding another title to the list... thanks for the interest.

I can see you are a asset to your team, I would say your community and to your loved ones.

That is an impressive resume and you sound like a man who is getting the most out of life.

See you this weekend and we can talk a bit. I will seek you out on Saturday.

CSA

CSA looking forward to it. good luck this weekend.

when and what mma tournaments where you in.....i do mma also.....i am 5-0...fighting for the lfc

jimmy.... i can see by your record that your are fresh in mma battles. keep doin damage and you will have irreplacable memories. from 1997-2002 i took on any and all tournaments... keep in mind they are more popular and organized today... we had no wieght classes, simply respond to the invitation, show up, destroy your opponent, rest while you wait for the next man to win and fight again. in todays tournaments you usualy only fight once, win and move on to the next event date. when i fought you had to win more than once to be the winner (keep in mind there could only be one) it was more like a football tournament only one winner in the end. in todays ring there can be 20 or more fighters and 10 or more winners. i retired in 2002 just before my son was born... unbeatin' un-tied. but far from a person that could truly compete in todays UFC. one thing i can say though is... every tournament i entered had only one winner and i am proud of that honor. cherish your victory(s) and be proud of them. your doing something successfuly that only a small amount of people can do. good luck warrior.

stamina and cardio wise i could have competed back them but i prolly would have lost later in the day simply b/c that would ahave been to many matches in one day and taking shots like that more than one fight would prolly cause some damage.....i could maybe do one of those type of tournements avery few months but not month after month....i was gonna do one in 01 in anderson but it was put on by some guys that knew and didnt like my brother so you can imagine what kind of fights i would have had.....thanks for the words of wisdom

This forum is for football meatheads.

congrats to the pats on there season