supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IFL Money

First off this is not a shot at the Broncos or any other team in the league for the field they provide. I understand sometimes what you get is all you can get. We are lucky with the Stangs we have a great field. I had heard that the League could have spent the money to play the championship at the Dome again but they thought they should have the All star game in stead. Not that there is anything wrong with the All star game but wouldn't it be great to spend the money from there on a great place to play the championship. The only people who care about the all star game is the players in the IFL but if you hold the game Championship at a place of high caliber liek the dome then you bring great respect and disrire for people to watch, join, and visit the teams in the IFL. There was a lot of people from our home town ready to travel to the ship in the first year if we were to make it and I am sure the Warriors and the Cougars got a big following because it was held there. I think this is somthing The IFL needs to try to bring back. It will bring prestige to the IFL which other leagues dont have. I am not at the board meetings but I do think players would rather have that than the all star game. I have been voted in by my team twice and have never gone. But The chance to play in a real stadium hold a lot of clout, and puts somthing more infront of the players for them to reach for as a team collectivly.

Re: IFL Money

The dome would cost the IFL around 10,000 dollars to have the game there. So where ever you got your info your are completely wrong. The only reason the championship was held there a few years ago is b/c the colts weren't that good. And we piggy backed off of them. Know that they are super bowl champs they don't need help selling tickets to the game

Ok the Colts were not that good 4 years ago. Only sold out everygame and 13-3 and a popular super bowl pick. And I got my info from a board member. We got the dome before because we sold tickets to the game. I was not saying it has to be the dome but I am talking about a nice stadium, Butler, Purdue, IU, Ball State, even homstead high school in Ft. Wayne. If your theory i(which they have been sold out every game for 6 years now) than Ball State stadium would be great because they suck.

I can guarantee you if you were to go around and talk to players from other leagues they would tell you that they would love to experience an All-Star type game. Its kinda what sets IFL apart from other leagues. And its not just the game itself, its the whole weekend. Its the banquet,its getting to hang out with guys from other teams and drink some beer. Its havin a dude from another team come up to you and say hey do you remember calling me a son of a bitch when I cut block you, I'm sorry bout that lets do a yagerbomb. You should have attended one of those games you were nominated for and then maybe you would understand.

I'm going to have to agree with my man Goforth on this one. I could really care less where the championship game is being played as long as my team gets there, and I love the idea of actually meeting the other guys from other teams because we are all jerks on the field but I'm sure they are all good guys off the field (except for my man 2 here haha jp)

I have to agree with #2 also i believe most players would choose the all-star game over playing championship in the rca dome, plus i am from ohio and i dont care about the colts or there dome. lol!!!All i know is the time we all had this past weekend ranks pertty high on my list of best times!!

I don't argue with the fact about players loving the all star game my brother has played in it and loved it my topic was more so to discuss options to put more clout into the Championship game. I know the year it was at the dome a bunch of players from other teams went. We have had the all star game at nicer facilities than the championship, not taking away from the hosts of that game but it seems we put a lot in to tha facilities of the all star game and not the championship. My topic was more so to talk about Ideas to ad to the Championship to bring more of a crowd and interest to it, no matter who plays in it.

I'm with you on that Mr. Richardson, I think it would be great if the championship game could be played at neutral and nice facility. It prolly could be done as long as the cost was minimal. Maybe something to bring up to the board in a meeting in the off season.