supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dragons leave MFL

The Indianapolis Dragons will be leaving the MFL. We think that this is best for the team. Anyone (or league) can contact us at indydragons@hotmail.com .

Re: Dragons leave MFL

Jt and Josh as Head Coach and President of the board of the South Central Cutters I want to wish you well and I understand where you are coming from on this. There are severe issues that have been brought to peoples attention and nothing absolutely nothing has been done. I have many hours invested in putting together a first class organization with the Cutters and trying to put fans in the stands is hard and it doesn't help when you have to have your PA man keep them occupied while you wait 20 or 30 minutes for game officials and then when they do show up they think they are the ones who must determine the outcome of a game or at least make it a close game. Not to mention their complete lack of knowledge of the rules for the league. I know there are many other issues as well but I'll save that for a later post from me and my organization. Losing a team of your caliber will severly damage the league and attendence at games anyone who came to our game on August the 25th knows we can fill a stadium and it could happen every week but there has to be games that are
A) PLAYED ON TIME
B) PLAYED BETWEEN QUALITY TEAMS
C) OFFICIALIATED BY OFFICIALS WHO KNOW THE GAME
I'm sure I will be talking with you in the very near future. I have all the respect in the world for you and your organization.

Like I said to Wayne, Wayne, Earl and the zebras are corrupt. JT, Josh and Jim all the best to you. I enjoyed the boys this year, but they deserve better. Back in my home area, New York, I could get a better shake even with the mob.
Earl and his Zebras are 2 bit bullies. Come on, no rule book, papers, offical appeal process, nothing. The cutters had the same officals in at least 6 out of 9 games. I wish there was some way to appy the RICo act on Earl? any Lawyer's listening?

Mr. Carl you always seem to have something worth listening to. Earl goes all the way back to the Thunder in Deleware County and it is always the same one thing for sure good thing you posted on here that post wouldn't last 10 minutes on the censored MFL message board. Have you ever seen such a thing as a league without a written rule book and refs that were never on time

PREDICTION FOR MFL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME NEXT YEAR
The Chargers beat the Vikings in one semi final game and the Patriots beat the Sting in the other semi final game I guess they were semi final games thats was the four teams left oh well anyway the game officials do not show up so Earl calls the and has them flip a coin to determine the game winner. Chargers win the toss and the championship.

No you are almost right but all the game are won by a coin toss, hahahaha what a joke

We had a ref showing up problem in the IFL to. Your going to have shit like that. I dont know how much you can really do about it. Dragons and Cutters should come over here. (just leave your crying with the mfl)

Speaking of lawyers,
Carl do the words slander, liable or defamation of character mean anything to you?
Didn't think so, you had your chance but didn't answer your phone. At least this time you have identified yourself, I give you credit for that. You can call me whatever names you choose. The last time I checked, the words don't mean a whole helluva lot, especially coming from someone like you.
All you do is criticize and try to make others look bad, but offer no ideas to try to make anything work better. Is that because you have no ideas of your own. I would have thought that with your experience, both with professional football, and business in general( I hear that you have been pretty successful) you might have had something more to offer.
I guess my point is that if I need to be like you to be something more than a "small time thug" I'm perfectly happy where I am or better yet, where I'll be... Playing for a NATIONAL TITLE in Florida on January 12th

I think the IFL would be a great fit for the Dragons and a couple other teams that are currently in the MFL. Get to our league site and fill out that app.

The IFL would prolly try to run us off after we won the championship there.

wow fan. big words... just come join. oh, and you gotta win it first to see wat the ifl does.

amen deuce. amen.

The Dragons would have left the MFL if we won or lost. We had high quality players not play for us becuase of the league we was in. We want to play every week not have 5 bye weeks. we want to play games like we had with the cutters,patriots and shamrock every week. Winning 60-0 is not fun it's boring and players dont like it. Give us a 27-26 game or 14-17 game every week. IF WE WIN OR LOSE WE KNOW THAT WE PLAYED A GAME!

Just to clarify the jackhole that posted Oct.22 at 5:45 pm is not me. But seriously if teams got kicked out of the IFL for winning championships, explain to me please why the Broncos have three.Supa is there any way to find out who posted with my name?

im glad that the dragons are out of the moron fooball league. now no team can compete with the IFL, fro that league. The cutters would be a great addition to the IFL also. Mr. Allen please consider joining the IFL,it is where you belong.

There is a lot of stuff in this thread that is borderline inappropriate- but I want to weigh in because there are a number of important issues raised. First of all, the Dragons are both a very good team and a very good organization- the outcome of the title game only tells me that the Patriots are better than many of us thought- not that the Dragons are anything short of outstanding.

Regardless of where the blame might lay, the fact remains that there have been more cancelled games in the MFL the last 5 years than in any league I know of- in this region or outside of it. The four top teams in the league this year were as good as any 4 teams in that league have ever been and each one would have won multiple titles in earlier years of the league. The legitimate point is raised that the league structure- decentralized as it is- has not provided for consistent scheduling and reliable officiating. Given that offers to post-season play are dependent on strength of schedule, elite teams such as the Pats and the Dragons are limiting themselves by remaining associated with the MFL. With that in mind, it is in the interest of the Dragons- as well as the other clubs in the league's top tier- to look elsewhere.

Wayne and Josh have much to be proud of- they have two VERY good football teams. It seems to me that their organizations would only be strengthened by being a part of a more consistently competitive and well organized field of opponents. Regardless of who might be to blame for the shortcomings (or the considerable progress on a number of issues recently) within the MFL, all players, coaches and fans deserve a full schedule of games and solid officiating- and no one will doubt that that has not been the case in the last five years.

How those constituent teams decide to bring that about is up to them, and I certainly wish them all the best.

I would have to say the Dragons in the IFL would be very exciting. I played in the MSFL, MFL, the old Tri-state, but I will have to say that even though the IFL has its issues, it put on a hell of a year. The addition of a few more teams, especially teams like the Dragons and the Cutters. I really think the league should go after these teams and be very proactive in asking these teams to the league. Not only will it make the league better, but just think what it does to football in Indiana! I will travel from Louisville for practice and every game just to play with the Broncos next year. They are my family and this year was very special. To the IFL/Troy Edwards/Beef....The allstar weekend was one of the best times i have ever had. It was more then I expected and I am glad to be apart of the IFL. Cant wait til next year!!! Good luck to the Pats in the National Championship

I will say this and i know after i do people will be mad and say whats on their mind as well.
The person running the play clock set the dragons up. When the dragons had the ball every time the broke the huddle they was flag for delay of game. The play clock did work, but what i found funny was that when the pats had the ball the play clock never ran. No delay of game called on them once. At least 7-10 on the dragons. Earl how come you never went over to the Dragons side line and said hi to them during the game? Oh you was to busy hanging with the pats and your best bud Wayne. Every time the Dragons made a first down oh wait look a flag.I hope you refs got paid real good. The pats are a dirty team, cheap shots on us and the dragons. No flags thrown on the pats for being offsides the whole game. I hope that your championship was worth tearing the whole MFL apart. Any team that stays is a joke. Oh and by the way a lot of the dragons players need to grow up and be kicked off that team, fighting with each other real classy.

The pats won, thats that. As for Earl, I have no problem with him. We had many talks and this is not about him. It's about whats best for ther Dragons.

Didn't the Dragons apply to the IFL last year? A friend of mine in the IFL told me you guys were all but in and then you backed out. I was just wondering if you regret this decision and how you think it might affect your chances of getting in should you decide to apply again this year.

I for one think the IFL would have been a much better fit for your team considering you guys seem to be very organized and well respected organization.

Thanks, Bob

to our knowlege we have never been accepted into IFL in any of the past two seasons. We only officially applied in our first year but did not think we would ahve a team that could compete. therefore i do not think that we have hurt our chances based on this.

i hope this have answered your question and concern. we welcome the ifl and other leagues to contact us. indydragons@hotmail.com
josh g 317-863-0784
jt 317-353-0570

I Beleive Troy Edwards, a League representative, stated that if you are interested then to go to the IFL website and submit a form. You should be interested in the league and take the nescessary steps. The "LEAGUE" SHOULD not contact you in interest. If you are in need of a home, then you are the window shopper. It's on your shoulders, as an owner, to take the steps for your needs. If all steps are taken and all requirements met, then the marriage wall can be set.

Preston, you're such a lying sack. The reason we never got a delay of game, is because we know how to watch the clock and have a speed count so we snap the ball in time. Nearly every time we broke our huddle, we only had 10 seconds left to get to the line and snap the ball. I know of two offsides calls and about 4 false starts on us, so where is lying going to get you? Don't lie to yourself son, or you'll end up with a fat chick.

The Blitz can compete with anyone in any league when we are at full strength. So saying NO one from the MFL can compete is a joke!!!!

There is something that I can't help but wonder. Why would a team who wants to play football continue to question where they should be. I understand that there are options and several leagues around the midwest, but with one in your back yard that offers a chance to play high level competitive football, why not give it a shot. I can only think of one game this season that had to be canceled due to refs not physically showing up. Whether or not they show up in other aspects is another story. I guess my question to the The Dragons and The Cutters is why not give it a shot? I know very little about your teams, but the more competition we can bring in the better! I'd love to think that next year more games could be like the General/Bronco game this season. I have no idea if you are on that level, but give it a shot.

the top four teams in the mfl are on that level....those bieng the pats dargons cutters and shamrock...even though 2 of the aformentioned are fisrt year teams they are both badass teams and very well run/organized