supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IFL accepting applications for 2008!

Wednesday, November 07, 2007
8:30 AM

The Interstate Football League is now accepting team applications for the 2008 season. Interested parties should apply through the league’s website at www.interstatefootballleague.com. The signup form is accessible though the main page.

You will receive confirmation of your application and will be contacted sometime in January when league meetings resume. Teams accepted in the initial January vote will be invited to attend our February meeting where you will give a brief presentation to the league board. A final vote will then be conducted and accepted teams will be notified following the meeting.

Thanks for your interest!

Eric Rozens
erozens@sbcglobal.net
IFL Expansion Team Chairman
Interstate Football League

Re: IFL accepting applications for 2008!

I've already received a couple of emails this morning asking what teams have applied to the IFL so far. Out of respect for the applicant teams and their current league affiliation, this information will not be disclosed until after our January meeting.

Eric Rozens
erozens@sbcglobal.net

i play in the ifl and just wanted to know how many teams would the league consider and if there were like 12 teams would the ifl do a north south divison etc

Curious,

First off, the number of teams accepted is dependant on their ability to meet specific criteria, ie. experience, organization, reliability, reputation, distance from other teams, etc. Although we've not set a limit to the number of teams, more teams isn't always better for a league. I wouldn't say it's impossible for the IFL to grow to 10-12 teams but I doubt that will happen given the success we've had with 8-10 solid member teams.

As far as your question about divisions, once again that will depend on the number of teams we decide to move forward with in January. All decisions are made by majority vote in our league so if it's decided to bring back the N/S divisions it will be through that process.

Hope that answers your questions,

Eric Rozens
erozens@sbcglobal.com

CRUSH
WARRIORS
COUGARS
MUSTANGS
BRONCOS
THUNDER
WRANGLERS
GENERALS
DRAGONS
SHAMROCK
CUTTERS
PATRIOTS

Thats a strong league.

It seems that you have forgotten about The Longhorns...

MUSTANGS
BRONCOS
GENERALS
DRAGONS
SHAMROCK
CUTTERS
PATRIOTS
BLITZ

That looks even better

Re: IFL accepting applications... another consideration

Just to chime in about a concern that I have previously mentioned while a member of the IFL.

Another item that many folks outside of league operations fail to consider is how the additional numbers of teams within a league impact game officials!

This year above all others, I have seen more critical comments on officiating. This is especially true of the MFL. I intend no disrespect, this is simply an observation.

For all intent and purpose, it would appear that the officiating ranks are stretched very thin... NOW! The situation today sees officiating crews attempting to cover several contests on a given Saturday. Some of this is out of neccessity because of the lack of manpower. Some is greed (just keeping it real). Adding additional teams will only exacerbate this problem.

I will say one thing that could be construed as negative. I attended the play-off game between the Shamrocks and Dragons. Having made a couple of wrong turns, I arrived at the game late or so I thought. When I finally arrived, I expected the game to already be in progress. Sadly, the game was not even near ready to begin. In fact, it was probably another 30 minutes before kick-off took place. In my opinion, this is an unacceptable situation. If S.O.P. (Standard Operating Procedures) are still the same as when I was involved in the IFL, that crew would have suffered some serious repurcussions.

In conclusion, I just want folks to understand, there is more to this whole process than just signing teams up and setting a schedule. I am not criticizing everyone but some "sheeple" DO think that it's that simple. Just some things to think about before the "stone casting" begins.

Also, Big Shout out to "Big E"

What up Dane?! I heard some vicious rumors that you may be making a come back. Any truth to that? I'm sure others out there in Supaland would like to know as well.

Hope all is well for you my friend!
E

Hey Eric, how many teams have applied so far can you tell us that thanks!

Brian,

As of today, we've received applications from six teams. Normally I receive most of these in December or January so it's still early. Since our inception, we've averaged 10-12 applications a year.

Anyone out there in Supaland interested in applying, please visit our website!

Best regards,

Eric Rozens
erozens@sbcglobal.net

hey we rock how can you leave out the warriors on your 2nd list of teams for a league

I flipped a coin for the average teams and the Blitz won.

I can tell you are from the M.F.L., because there are only 3 original I.F.L. teams on your list.

lets see that would leave the Chargers, the Wildcats, the Sting, and the Vikings. All of the other teams, are not dumb enough to start anything with the Warriors, so you must be from the Vikings. You can run your mouth on here, but you won't face us in a game, thats what kind of a man you are, CHICKEN.

Hey try agian Keep guessing buddy. You guys always think the Vikings are starting crap. and you are wrong this time hhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dude let the shit go with the vikings already.

I think it will be pretty cool adding new teams (and old ones) to the league next year this past season felt so short to me regular season wise.

how the phone i didnt say that stuff some one is using my name im over the vikes im just ready to play in theindoor tourny comin up.

Just a reminder to interested teams to get your signups in. We are currently planning our January meeting and so far we have 10 teams that have signed up.

Best wishes to all for a Happy Holidays!

Thanks for your interest!

Eric Rozens
erozens@sbcglobal.net

Is that 10 teams total in our league or just 10 teams that have applied to join our league?

Fort Wayne is establishing a new team, under new ownership, new name, new colors. Being that we were snowballed last year by ownership. We have applied to a few different league's. Hopefully we can get in somewhere, to strenghthen one of these orginizations. We have always been somewhat of a powerhouse ex. Xplosion, Flyers first two years, last year doesn't count

Hey Fort Wayne, Hit me up with some info on the new team. Whoever you are you probably have my phone # or you can email me at sbuca76@yahoo.com

DCW77,

That's 10 teams that aren't currently in the IFL now.

Best regards,

Eric Rozens
erozens@sbcglobal.net

Re: IFL accepting applications for 2008! Competitive Teams Need Not Apply!

If your team has had any kind of success in the past or your roster has any talented players on it don't bother with the process. This league will not accept any team that can come in and compete for a league title in it's first year. All you will get from the league is an informal email with the box competitive level checked denying your teams' application. No other explanation is extended, thats it, your team is out.

What about the Team that came in, in its first year and Went to the Ship?

How did that team (Crush) start there season before the additons?

Brian....
what is your team? the broncos will give a recomendation that your team should be in our league!
and that team you are refering to is a very tough and respectable Crush team! additions or not how do u make up a team?.... you add talent get over it and add some talent to your team!!!
do you go into a season trying not to make your team better?
NO....
so shut your mouth and fill out a application

Rozens...
i dont care if he plays for the dolphins this team needs a legit shot at our league!!

Merry F'in Christmas

Kurt36
Broncos MLB

we try to improve every year and hopefully u do to...
fill out the application....
im drunk on 24oz bud light cans its SWEET

Kurt36

Hes with a team you have played in the past. The Lafayette Lions.

And Merry Christmas

who are the 2 teams added for '08 and how many more teams do you plan on adding???

i think we should had the best teams we can to make this league better, i for one played on a good mustang team this year. we made it to the championship team and got beat down by a very talented bronco football team. i for one feel that these two teams along with a couple of other teams in this league can compete with most teams out there. i hope that the league will try to let the best teams possible in this league to strengthen what i think is already a good league......and i hope all players from all teams want to play the best teams possible, because we all know competition brings out the best in us all.........so to all you great teams out there please apply and i hope to be playing against you all next year sometime.......

happy holidays to all

gross 36

stangs 36
well said brother...
if you are a competitor u should always wanna play the best! the ifl has a lot to offer but could always benefit by better teams!

supas favorite drunk

Hey gross just was wandering what team you were going to be playing for next year? Drop me a line if you get a chance. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

P.S. Here's my email address Thumper99465@aol.com