supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tryouts for Fort Wayne Freedom

The Fort Wayne Freedom(former Fort Wayne Fusion) indoor football team will be holding open try outs in Fort Wayne on December 1st. The cost to try out will be $50. Please visit the Freedom website for more information and to fill out a registration form.

www.fwfreedom.com

I will be helping out with the tryouts, so if anyone has any questions I will try to answer them.

Re: Tryouts for Fort Wayne Freedom

Yeah Troy can you get me on the team? If not well I will be there kicking my a$$ off trying to get where I feel I belong. Before anyone says anything about me putting down the IFL, that's not what I'm saying. I just feel I should be playing football at a different level. Call me cocky if you want, I call it confidence. Good luck to all that tryout and God Bless!
Brian Clawson
Kicker/Punter
Classic City Crush
WWJD

those try outs are crap every year its the same thing let me get your money thanks for coming out just bs way to get money ive seen plenty people that wear great and didnt even get a call back its just bs if you ask me

Is there Any Particular Positions that Are Available?

I just call you a kicker...kicker

I know they are definitely looking for linemen...specifically Centers.

To respond to "curious". You are correct...try outs for ALL arena teams are fund raisers. I believe there are many semi-pro teams who hold combines and tryouts, which are intended to raise money.

If you never try, you will never know. Many players in Semi-pro ball feel they could/should be playing at "the next level". Well, if you really feel that way, there's no reason not to try.

See you on December 1st.

Ok if there are chumps out there that want to go tryout then please go but you will be the biggest chumps and suckers there

Touchdown Eddie Brown is a cocky son of a gun and this tryout is only to make money. Why he is coaching after a 5-11 season is beyond me. I went to the tryout last year cause it was billed as everybody gets a fair shot. Nope..he already had his special players and would let anybody do the drills other then his special players he already had signed.

I say save your $50 and take the girlfriend, wife, boyfriend out on the town...cause the tryout is a joke

Hey....would you like some cheese with your whine????

Well I can say that these Tryouts are Fairly Legitimate...I did it last year and I went through the Ringer just like everyone else did. If you dont like the Coach or the Tryouts, Stay at home with the Boyfriend and dont Bother with it. Just sounds to me like some one is Bitter about not making the Team?

Did anyone but me notice the naysayers or whiners are afraid to put up their real names? Go figure.

Supa, when are you going to do us all a favor and require registration on this message board? Sure would go a long way towards weeding out all the dumb crap!

Good luck to those who try out!

Peace out!
E-Roz

I will not dispute that these are money makers for the teams. When I tried out for the Louisville AF2 team back in 2001 there were over 300 guys who paid $50 each to tryout, so the team made a quick $15,000. However, there were a couple of players signed from that tryout, including myself. Last year I tried out for the Fusion and was able to play in the preseason game for them. So what I'm trying to say is that even if you think that coaches have their favorites and already have their team in mind, if you have the talent and show it, you too could get signed. However, if you go in with a negative attitude, I wouldn't expect too much. Just my thoughts though.
Brian Clawson
Kicker/Punter
Classic City Crush
WWJD

I went to the tryout last year...and I thought it was a joke too. Not whining cause it was kind of nice not to have drive up to FT.Wayne...that would have gotten old real quick the way gas prices were and are.

Anyway I went in with an open mind, felt like I could have done better at a few of the drill but over all I thought I did ok... but I can confirm what "Whatever" said...at the end I tried to jump in a few defense drills at DT and DE and was told no and the let the "Other" player try it...the "signed player" it was fun but I think I wasted $50 too....just my opinion...

I played for the old FW Freedom team before the name was changed to the Fusion, and i can tell you that i believe that whole organization is much better ran than the "Fusion" front office, just some thoughts from some of there players. But yes the travel gets olds especially twice a week from indy but thats why yuo car pull 5 players were living in Indy and it made things easier. I wont be there on the 1st, because of coaching Varsity Basketball but i will be at the later date and it gives me a chance to get in better shape. lol

What kind of drills are to be expected and is any equiptment needed?

Did anyone go to this? Just curious to know what the experience was like.

im not 100% sure if everything went through but one of my fellow k.c. mustangs andrew shrock made the team so congrats to him!

I went to the tryout and signed my contract yesterday. There was some talent out there, but I thought there would have been a whole lot more. If you've never been to one of these tryouts, and you're one of those guys that says he should be playing higher up, I say give it a go. You will either realize that A. You were right, and you do belong at that level. or 2. It will humble you, and you should continue on at the level you're at.(I am very thankful to the semipro level for allowing me to fine tune my skills over the years) Good luck to all, and have a blessed Holiday season!
Brian Clawson
Kicker
Fort Wayne Freedom
WWJD

Brian,Good luck buddy hope it gets you somewhere, you deserve it.

I think the tryout is definately worth it I also just signed a contract. Good luck Mustangs and All of the IFL