supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CRUSH 8v8 ,sign up end soon!!

To all in Supa nation.Long time reader,first time typer.
When Thad posted the 8v8 for us, we were sure that we would be turning teams away by now. Sadly not the case.
We also assumed that with all the IFL/MFL smack talk, that this tourney could be the place to settle the '07 talk.
We are at four teams as of today Sunday 12-02-07.I will make the decision by Friday 12-07-07,whether we will have the tournament. Please email football@classiccitycenter.com, with your intentions and preferably a roster.

Thank you,

Todd Gibson
Classic City Crush
Owner

Re: CRUSH 8v8 ,sign up end soon!!

I believe the problem you are running into is the cost of the tourney. I know it costs a lot to put such an event on, but last year didn't the winning team earn some $? 400-500$ right after the holidays is a lot and you could say that all players on a team could split the fee, but it never works out this way and a select few will be stuck with the majority of the fee.

So the likely hood of this tournament isn't looking to good?

Well I know this is Our Tournament which is why I am completely for paying the Fee (spliting the fee with my teammates). A roster of 20 people only costs 22.50 a person, This is the holiday season and everyone is Worried about other things, but its been a couple months since some teams have played and I for one am gettin the itch to hit, with all the NFL and NCAA spirits goin around...If todd does decide to Give some money away for the Winning team, then thats his choice, But in a Tournament that could Quiet a lot of people about the MFL/IFL strengths, Gain respect through out the Tri-State area, and Get you some recognition, That should be enough for "Hungry" Players to Put out 20-25 bucks to get the chance to Become a Champion!...Just my thoughts, I really hope some teams decide that this is worth it, because its a Great time and All that Anger left during the season gets a chance to work out and Everyone can chill together...it makes for better Regular season games, Better relations between the leagues and more Cooperation between teams, Coaches, and Board Members. Thanks.

I too have the itch for some more football,actually I dont think that itch ever goes away for me. Personally I dont think that the entry fee is that big a deal or the fact that if you win you get nothin in return besides braggin rights and your teams name on a trophy. I mean since when do any of us play for money or trophies or any kind of recognition for that matter. Yea sure I want to win a Championship and get me some jewelry, but that sure as hell aint why I play football. So everybody quit yer cryin,get yer boys to ante up and get yer asses in this tourney. You will not be disapoined I guarantee it. I agree with Todd this would be a great stage to settle some IFL/MFL BS that goes on. Mr. Gibson I thought I had a pretty good idea to maybe draw more teams if you're interested shoot me an email. I really hope this thing gets goin.

When I first heard of this possible cancellation I was very suprised... mainly because the last time this was held they had people turned away at this point in time, but hey I put my money in the pot and I know my team is itchin to hit ppl... I get where money could be a problem seeing as I'm a college student paying my own way through school (gotta love those loans) as well as other bills, but hey I put my money in and I'd like to see my team again before meetings start up. So I hope this doesn't get cancelled because that would be a shame since they don't make a cream for this itch to play football.

alright, my input... its 25 bucks. you feel like having a night on the town? getting wasted at the bar with your buddies? dont....stay at home and get some pussy, or watch tv. that'll save ya some money. its not alot of money. really, in this day and age, it isnt. i'm paying so many bills (rent, college tuition, utilities, insurance, the works) and i found a way to scrounge it up. if you love football so much, you'd find a way to come up with the money. if not, dont reply to me with a stupid message and talk shit. i love football and this tournament sounded awesome to me since my last game was back in october i believe. so lets fuckin do it up!

Nice knowing you DCW76, as I am surprised that I even got the opportunity to read your post MORON!

Sorry boys that we are out. Seems like quite a few of our players have some scheduling issues (work, holiday parties, Colts games). If it gets moved to two weeks later we would have a team available. Good luck and try not to see Beef naked.

hey duce when do you need my money for the tourney my email is messed up so let me know on here im ready to go itchin' to hit

Way to go Beef Joe is scarred for life after the "incident" at the all-star game.

FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everyone needs to quit bitching about money, if you cant afford 22.50 then you are one poor person. quit ur job at McD's and go to school or go find a better job.