supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The 8v8 is ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have 6 teams who have said they will show.
West Ohio Wranglers
Darke County Warriors
Lima Warriors
Lake County Steelers
Illinois Seahawks
Classic City CRUSH

I want two more teams, though we will play with six, I have waved the late fee and they only need to pay the $450. This by 12-14-07. The first two teams to contact me will get the spots.

By 12-19-07,I need team rosters and a partial($300) or full payment mailed to: Classic City Crush
3375 CR 427
Waterloo,In 46793
We are working on lodging to get the best cost for teams.
With the reduced teams we are planning to play 3 or 4 games Friday and finish the tourney on Saturday.

Oh and by the way, we ARE going to have a pay out for the winner...$500 to the champion.

Please send all emails to: football@classiccitycenter.com. Our web site for directions is www.classiccitycenter.com or the IFL website.

Thank you,
Todd Gibson
Classic City Crush
Owner

Re: The 8v8 is ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad to see that this is on. I hope to make it there to see a game or two. Please keep us all posted as the tournament draws closer.

Great to hear. The National Champs will be ready!

Lima, I heard you Guys were BIG?! Cant Wait!

We are now at seven teams. The Joliet Stallions are returning for another try at the championship.
Hey Supa, when you get to the tournament please introduce yourself.I would like to meet the person behind this web site.

I'm sure he will introduce himself....but he will never give up his Idenity

Are you still gonna go with the double elim format, or somethin a little different. Just wondering besause of there only being 7 or 8 teams.I guess the real reason I'm askin is because I want to get as much game time as possible, theres nothin like playin inside that place. Hell even watchin games there is alot of fun.

who won it all last year?

I dont believe they had the tourney last year, but I'm pretty sure the year before the Columbus Generals won it.Prolly woulda been you guys had you not had to play like seven games in a row or whatever.

the generals beat us 6-0. returned a fumble for a touchdown on the last play if i remember correctly. they had that huge nose guard paris long that was unstopable. hopefully we will be bringing ours this year...lol thats ok cause we got him and a few of them back in the national championship game.

If we go with 7 to 8 teams can we consider making this tournament start Saturday morning? It will save a lot of people money on a hotel Friday night and we would still be done by Sunday afternoon.

I second that. Starting Saturday morning would be much better!

Personaly I would rather get done on saturday. That gives you an extra day to heal before you go back to work. Since no one has been hitting you are definately going to be sore.

Sounds good to me to, but whats the format going to be? Double elem, round robin than a tourney or what???

Hey guys, Im gonna try to Get things Worked out or Get ahold of Todd to see just how its going to go Down, The Saturday Games is the most likly thing. As far as the Style, we will see what works best? Any imput from you guys on Preferrences?

I'm sure that everyone is getting tired of me harpin about the round robin format, personally I think that is the way to go for a couple reasons.#1 Just to be clear I'm not bitchin about it but $450.00 is a pretty good wad a cash to pay and possibly be out of the tourney by noon on saturday thats if you play games on friday night.#2 Round robins give you a chance to play several different teams from other leagues or states that you may never get another chance to play, I mean its possible that we could play the crush and the wranglers and be out.And last but not least I think playin 4 or 5 games in weekend should cure mine and everybody elses football withdraws until the season starts. My two cents.

Well an 8 team double elem would be 14-15 games that we could probably get in on one day.

Ill pass on things over to Todd...The Round Robin sounds good, Double Elim is extremely easy...

My math is Itchy...so with a 7-team Round Robin Format...how many games would that be?

Lets see if I can get thru this without sounding like a dumbass. If you have all seven teams play each other at least once I'm pretty sure that would be 21 games. If you take those 7 teams and split them into two pools one pool of three and one pool of four that is only nine games and if you add a single elim tourney to that its only six more games making fifteen total, and everyone is guaranteed at least three games. If you can get an even field of 8 teams you add three more games to the round robin and one to the single elim tourney,making a total of 19 games, and everyone is gonna get at least 4 games.And I may be way off, but I think if everybody has their s#*t together that can be pulled off in one day. How sweet would that be, to say you were part of a football tourney that played nineteen games in a day.

It would be 21 games for the round robin, and than to find out the who the real champs are throw in a single elem between the top four teams, that would only be 3 extra games.

either way you go with it I'm really anxious to play, I personnaly feel the regular season went by way to fast!!! So yeah I'm good with 24 games, Besides we wouldn't want anyone having any football withdrawls.

Ok...I know im out of the loop...but if i read the Definition of Round Robin right...that means every Team would play Every Team....so with 7 teams...each team having to play 6 games...to play everyone, thats 42 games right? or do I just not understand the Round Robin tourny?...I may be playing too much math into it...

think of it like this

Team 1 plays: t2, t3, t4, t5, t6, t7

Team 2 already plays t1 so: t3, t4, t5, t6, t7

Team 3 alredy play 1 and 2 so: t4, t5, t6, t7

Team 4 already play 1-3, so: t5, t6, t7

Team 5 already plays 1-4 so: t6, t7

Team 6 already plays 1-5 so: t7

And team 7 is already on everyones list so you dont have to account for them, so that is 21 games.

Ok thanks...i was putting too much Math into it...

remember this...

http://www.limawarriors.com/news/headlines/2006/1-12-06.htm

Hey 63, is it the same crew going this year?

Take away 3 of those guys, add 3 350 pounders in their place along with a couple more young men to bring our roster to 25 and that is what we are bringing this year. We are just looking to have some fun and see if we can't win our money back of course. That field really levels the playing field so anything can happen.

Heres the Real Question, As a DB...whats your WR core looking like?

like was stated above take 2 maybe 3 of the guys away and add 12 more to fill the roster. we have 5 or 6 guys fighting to fill the last few spots on the roster. the other half of the team is going to stay home and enjoy the holidays. lets just say that our receivers can handle their business...lol. but i still say the offensive line is the strength of the offense...but im a little bias...lol

Sounds like fun 63 I cant wait to meet you guys on the field. Best of luck to you.

Hey Guys...I just wanted to Invite anyone playing in the Tournament out to The Fox and Hound Pub and Grill on the 29th, Night after the Tournament. They are going to be Showing the UFC Nemesis, with a $5 cover charge...I know a lot of guys should be interested in it...But It will be a Great way to Cap off the Tourney...Let me know if you Are interested so I can get some Directions and Set up some Reservations. Thanks...

So I got a little lost in this whole setup business... how exactly tourny going to happen and what day or days are we doing it on? Thanks for the help in advance and can't wait to play some ball!

As of right now, Everything said in the First Post in this One, is going down that way. I dont know all the Details but Im assuming that this is way it will go down.

Any one from DC ask Maloy if there is an opening so i can play.

i agree with everything said above about lima. i've played with them and against them and lets just say they are deep, big, talented, and fast. their 2nd or 3rd WR played for the wranglers a few times these past years and he was prolly the best player on the field. but yes their strength is their o-line and their defense

Where is the Fox and Hound Pub located? Your talking about the one in Fort Wayne right?

newCRUSHplayer, have you played with us in the last 2 years? Just wondering if I knew who you were.

Yeah The Fox And Hound is in Fort Wayne. Off of Jefferson Blvd, In the Jefferson Pointe Mall.

Hey Newcrushplayer Welcome to the team what position do you play?

Ok, i will try to get a couple of the guys to go over there. I have to go back through Fort Wayne anyway. Look me up at the tournement. I think our first game is at 8:00 or 9:00 on friday.

i've been playin for the wranglers for the past 3 yrs. i still go up there to watch, that lions game was impressive. i'm good friends with Huttis, Deal and all of them.

my position is TE or WR. and last yr i played every position on def. i don't care what i play though, i just want to win games!

So is the format set up yet, and is it a guaruntee that games start Friday? Are we playing double elimination or round robin? The faster we know the better, I have to make work arrangements.

Is the tournament starting Friday or Saturday and what format are we playing. I gotta get off work also.

Agreed I would like to know these details in order to make the proper work arrangements... I hope everyone is getting mentally and physically ready for this it should be fun

The info I recieved today stated that all teams would be playing Friday night and that it would still be a double elimination tourney.
Keith Maloy
DC Warriors

hey keith i have to work on friday night so im out for the tourney.

The format needs to be changed, talk to the right people. Just for a scenario, the Lima team with a first round bye wins out they only play four games. We should play round robin. Because this tournament is just for fun, it's almost worth losing a game just to play more.

The only problem with that is...paying for the officials, renting the facility, and still trying to make some money for the Crush with only 7 teams in the tourney just isn't gonna happen. A round robin would take the tourney from 12-13 games and a day and a half of rental...to 21+ games (3 refs per game) and 2.5 days of facility rental.

Yes it would be fun to play more games, but the Crush are trying to get a little money out of it AND have fun!

I agree. The fact that the winners have to playe 2 games Friday nite is wrong also. If you win you should be rewarded with not playing another game until Saturday morning.
Keith

Hey Coach Phil and I both have to work and will be there in the morning is that ok or should I try and get off for this... if thats the case imma need a ride haha

if this thing happened can we get some results...
drunk aganin!

damn...
i am toasted i guess this hasnt happened yet
haha
Go Darke Co
Kick ass

Hey Anyone interested In Watching the UFC Nemesis Fights on the 29th after the Tourney is over, Please contact me, By email, or here. I need to make sure anyone who wants to go, Gets Reservations Set Up. Thanks.

Since you are going with the double elim tourney, maybe you could increase the the halves to 20 min instead of 15. Hell the thing will be over by 4 or so on saturday. I dont think making the halves a little longer will make the tourney last much longer. It will be awhile before we get to strap up again just want to squeeze out as much game time as possible thats all. See y'all Friday night wooooo.