supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good-bye

Some of you that read this do not know who I am, but some of the things in here may still mean something to you. I feel bad that I have to make this post without the chance to first speak with my teammates. With no option, I have to hang 'em up. While it's not a big deal, I want to give some thanks to some people . I also want to give some insight and some thoughts to ponder. Beleive me, it's not by descision to give it up. I have too much on my plate and need to make room for some time. I could play it out, but I would miss a lot of practices and that is not fair nor respectful to the Mustangs. The thing I love about this level of football, is very very very few of us have the talent to play in the big shows. Passion and love for football is what makes up this level which results in new friends, "Families", and some unforgettable times. I could be on here forever reflecting on the experiences I have had. Alot good, some bad. I have found, however, that you can learn a lot from this football experiece and apply it to your own life. Football in itself can teach you a lot about life. But you have to have open eyes and be open to give yourself too it. Much like giving yourself to your team. I have heard players speak from thier hearts and guys just laugh and joke about it so thier teammates don't think thier "Soft" and not a non-badass. Little do people know if every player gave themselves to the passion that ivdividual has, there would be nothing that could stop them. I made a lot friends in this league, and have lost a lot of friends in this league. My regret for losing them, is not fully explaining and communicating with them my reasoning.I've seen good people butt heads and throw away friendships over the stupidest things in my time here. I hope people are more aware to not lose site of the overall goals by focusing too hard on the small and deadend things. Have fun, respect the game, respect your brothers, respect the guys you play against and everything else will take care of itself. Thank you to the guys who helped create the IFL and the teams it consists and consisted of. thank you to the guys that gave my too big and too slow ass the chance to run the rock. That includes all my Hogs. Thanks to the guys that stupididly threw and handed the ball off to me. Thanks to the WR's who threw some kick ass blocks, secunda. thanks to the D who saved my ass at times. Thanks to the guys who padded up and knocked skulls with me. thanks to the longhorns crew and thanks to the mustangs for accepting me like you did. thank you to Bart, Andy, and Sid. Thanks to Kieth, Eric and Ian Rozens....Thanks to the Wrangler boys, Thanks to supafan for giving us this place to speak. I think you get the point. Thanks to everyone who made it possible to keep playing the game. If you ain't tired or bleeding, you ain't going hard enough! Peace out and eat your canned yams. God BlessP.S. Meyer, two tackles in 4 years on me ain't bad

Re: Good-bye

Lots of love to a guy I meant once....
Best of luck my Brother...

I never played against you nor have I met you before Hemi; I feel cheated!!!!! :) .......I have been on supa fan for a few years now, and seen your post; some funny stuff bro; let me tell ya!!!!!!!!I wish nothing but the best for your future endeavors. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU MAN!

Wow! Hemi, we will miss you. I was great to get to know you and play next to you last year. Thanks for teaching me to learn as much as possible through the game of football. Good luck!

Oh What Will the IFL do without the HEMI. I Hope it will be alright.

hemi i wish you the best of luck. just remember you have alot of friends all over. stay in touch on here as much as possible.

Much props from one brother who loves the game to another. I have to admit that I've got a feeling that we've not seen the last of this young man- but if we have, he left the game and his team(s) better than he found them. It's hard to ask for anything else.

Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.

Sorry to hear that you have to go, bud! Playing with or against you was always part of the reason that I love this league. Two teams, and four years later, we have certainly had some great times both on and off the field! The battle won't be the same without you but you can be sure that I will be thinking of you every time the ball is snapped. I will be in touch and make sure you make it to some games. I know this isn't the last we will see of you, and remember that there will always be a place in this league for you!

Mustangs56

Travis,

Well, this is unexpected. I thought you'd be playing for several more seasons! I don't know what has prompted your decision but you are the only one that can decide when your playing days are over. I know personally it was a very difficult decision to make and I miss being on the field even more than I thought I would.

You're a class act and a good friend, I wish you all the best in whatever you do. I know you will be missed by your team mates and coaches. Even though I'm sure the Mustangs will miss your contributions on the field, I hope that you will still be involved with the league!

Best wishes friend, keep in touch!
Eric

hemi,

it has been without a doubt a pleasure playin against you for three seasons. once when you were with the longhorns and twice with the mustangs. you have always been a great guy and will always continue to be one...dude keep in touch and as will i b/c i kno we will be goin to the clubs again sometime. c you lata

neal garrison
#2 west ohio wranglers

Good Luck With everything Hemi. I will make it real hard on you. Telling you everytime I see you, How much fun I am having, and how awsome the season is going. Then I will creep into your room at night and whisper in your ear all the glories you could find on the football field. Then when you wake up you will think about football all day. Then when I see you around town I am going to pay kids run up to you and ask "Arn't you Hemi from the KC Mustangs?" Then you will be like "Yes I Am, But I dont play football anymore." Then the kids will be like "Oh, then we dont want your autograph". and they will walk away, leaving you to ponder about your crappy life.

But good luck in school. Maybe I will see you at a place where college students hang out.