supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Come on patriots

With no disrespect to the MFL i think that it is time for the A.C. PATRIOTS to move on. You guys are the best team (out side of lima) in the midwest. You would be doing your team a injustice by staying in a league that you would just destroy agian. With the shamrock not being the team that they was last year with some of the vets leaving and the dragons have already left there is no comp for you in the MFL. There a few great league that would damn lucky to have you guys. Good luck in what ever you do. I know the MSFL would love to have you.

Re: Come on patriots

After reading your website i was wrong in what i said about earl help'n you. You guys got cheated and i wish you the best of luck.

Did you forget about the IFL Champs that have been dominating the competion? We are pretty good to. Lima and The Pats arent the only good teams in the Midwest.

Your right my bad. It's just that you guys have been so quit latley i dont know what to think jk.

I think the pats should join the IFL to have to fo the best team in one league makes the season that much more exciting and even tho that we were beat by the broncos twice last year (once in the reguler season once in the playoffs) i had more fun in those 2 games than i had all season i felt even tho they killed us it let me see where i match up in a damn good league and ill tell the truth i have some work to do but having two team to make you play your best games all season it wouldjust be f'ing sweet.

after losing in florida, it made us all realize how losing felt again...but it also showed us how well we can play under adverse conditions...it's SO much better playing great teams, even if you lose. After that game, I felt better about our team then when we smoke a team. I'm all for joining up with the best.

Which would be the MSFL.

It would be an interesting league with the Thunder Threat Lions and Patriots at the top of the class. I see the Patriots the fourth team there just opinion though. Only one way to find out.

the pats offense is terrible, dragons held them to negatvie yards in the championship. they played GREAT defense and specail teams. they are a good teams but lets not get carried away. broncos are great and dragons are still there.

you have got to be out of your ever loving mind to think that Lima and Adams County are the 2 best teams in the Midwest. Hardin Co. Wolverines, Detroit Seminoles, Detroit Ravens, St. Louis Bulldogs, Kane County Eagles, and the NEMO Cyclones would destroy both of those teams. Lima might be able to compete, but Adams County play little league teams all year. Also the MSFL is awful. There is only the Thunder and the Threat and both are average at best.

Just a bowl game:

While you have made a good point about teams in the midwest, don't forget the Lima Warriors played the NEMO Cyclones in 2005. Final score was 41-7 Warriors. So before you boldly state, who would destroy who, do a little research. Personally, I think the Patriots and the South Central Broncos would make great additions to the USFA as the first Indiana teams, but that is just me.

And before you bring up our 24-7 loss to Hardin County...I beat you to the punch.

k dragons beat the broncos with broncos playing with guys who werent on the team, and i know this is true cause a player on the broncos told. they have lost ONE game in two years. still need to be in the conversation

Lima is at the top of their game right now. I think they could compete with anyone. As for the pats it dont matter how you win as long as you win. I was at the game with them and the dragons. I think that the dragons are a better team than what they showed that night but the pats was the better team on that night.
The Pats could compete with some higher level teams they just need about 5 more players who fit their style of play. The Dragons Where a good team but i think that their run might be over. The Broncos need to move up as well i want to play them too haha damn im greedy. Good luck to everyone i cant wait for the season to start.

about that game broncos vs. dragons, u better get a valid source cause that so called player is filling your head of bullsh**. the broncos lost because (1) new q.b. and he was getting the feel of things. (2) it was the first game they have played, unlike the dragons in which they played two or three games prior to the game with the broncos. so please make sure that all your facts are in-line and order. and still it was a great game for both squads. good luck to the dragons in their upcoming season and same to the broncos.

Bubba Coleman

The game with the Dragons and Broncos was a great game. Yes we had a scrimage with the naptown gladiators and one preseason game with the Indy Bengals. We was to play the ST. Joe Thunder but a death in my family stoped the game from being played. Lets just let the game be what it was a great game.

As for the Dragons in 2008 we are moving forward and wish the MFL and their teams the best of luck. There are three league that we are looking at. We have made so changes for the better and I cant wait for the 2008 season to get underway. We have come a long way from where we started out at. I am still learning from my mistakes. I am greatful to the players who believe in what we have done and are trying to do agian.
Good luck hope everyone is having a good offseason.

Lima has a history of winning, but they could not get over the hump until they dropped down and played lesser teams. Again, if you read my earlier post I started to retract the comment as far as Lima was concerned about getting detroyed. Either way, there is no way in HELL that someone can say that Lima is the best team in the Midwest when they only played 3 decent teams last year...and No the Soldiers and Jags do not count because they are awful. I do think Lima is one of the top teams, but they cannot make a case for being the best until they play and beat multiple top tier teams..........Adams County has only had 1 good season in Franchise history so only a fool would think they are the best. They played one decent team last year in a subpar league. Adams County may not even be in the top 10 in the Midwest. I think all the teams need to stop trying to get an easy preseason road to a fake National Championship. Mid Ohio Jets refused to play some good teams, Lima did play and beat the Lions but they continue to turn down top flight challenges, the Chicago Thunder absolutely will not play a top flight team, Adams County does not have a resume yet, the Indy need to step up and they are apparently about to do so, the SC Broncos refuse to play top flight teams. Teams need to stop padding their records. You can't control your league schedule, but you can play good teams in the preseason PERIOD

I have never said we were the best in the Midwest, but we are pretty good. And this whole "dropping down" league theory is bunk. The talent level this past year in the eastern divisions of the MLFA were either at par or just less than the USFA. The MLFA had NEMO, WCW, Thunder and maybe the Strength as strong teams. The USFA had us, the Jagz, the Vipers, Gladiators and even the the Crash were decent. And remember when we joined the USFA the landscape of the league was far different than what we ended up with.

Just a bowl game hit the nail on the head.

Re: Bowl Game

The pats and knights game was just a bowl game too. Threre is way more talented teams in the US than the pats and they made it to the so called championship game. The knights are a 1AA team they should not have been playing the pats anyway. Look there are AA teams in Texas,Cali, and the midwest that would kill some of these east coast teams. The pats season is like this.
They beat the shamrock twice a good team. The Cutters & the Dragons once Thats it. No other team had a winning record that they played. No preseason games v/s good teams but yet they are so called the #1 team in AA ball. Look the pats are a good team but by no means a re they the top team in AA ball in the nation. They can compete with a lot of teams out there but this whole national champions is a joke. The game was just a bowl game.

Who cares, this isnt college or pro ball. I play for fun, I could care less who wins a game outside my League. If you get in a game that is called a championship of any caliper, play your balls off and try to win. If you dont make any of those games dont be hating on the teams who do.

lets see if the pats play anybody worth anything in preseason or if they pus out. i know there are offers. i know a couple teams in the ifl would play them, not sure about the broncos. cutters will, rock will, lima would, dragons im sure would love too. play SOMEBODY worth a damn

Hey Devon,

Is it just me or do you have a complex about our game? when was that 1899? it seems like forever ago !

As for the Patriots or any other team out there, the hardin county wolverines are looking for quality opponents to fill out our preseason schedule. We are NOT looking for cupcakes, so only respond if you feel you are going to win. Trial by fire is the only way for us to get better, and we embrace the challenges the lie ahead in 2008.

Hop

Hop:

Those that don't remember the past, are doomed to repeat it. That and the therapy sessions are going well.

Former Player,
"k dragons beat the broncos with broncos playing with guys who werent on the team, and i know this is true cause a player on the broncos told." Who cares?
The Dragons and Broncos had players that played for other teams later in the year. We had players that left to play for the Generals, Sabers, Dragons, Bengals, and other teams I am sure. The Dragons had the same.
Bottom line The Dragons beat us Last year in the preseason. Who cares? I think that everybody needs to focus on what is going to happen this year. Let it go!

Devon,

Glad to hear the shock therapy is going well lol
When are we going to give it another go? I know you miss us :D

It looks like the Hardin County Wolverines have thrown down a challenge to the Lima Warriors. I doubt they will take the game though. Lima wants an easy preseason to make sure they are in a position to repeat as AA National Champions.

I agree with you Foga. Who cares. Its done and over with and I don't know about you guys but we have already moved on to the 2008 campaign. It would be great to see more teams play others from other leagues in the "preseason". One it is a good tune up for the league play and it helps you judge where you as an organization stand.

Honestly, I think the Pats, Rock, Cutters should leave the MFL as we did. I know from talking to owners during the season that they were very disgusted as to how things are ran. We were the only ones thus far to actually leave.

We want better competition week in and week out. We want a stable leadership that will listen and follow through with ideas. I will say this, our organization did all we could to make the MFL better, but our suggestions fell on deaf ears. Until the new teams came in that were not in the "group" no one supported us.

This level has its reputation for a reason and there are many individuals and groups that keep it going. If more teams and leaders would try to do things the right way, this level of football could be something special. We are not perfect and have learned from our mistakes and have cleaned house. Other teams should as well. If we all do this, all this pointless and ignorant bickering will be minimal.

I am sorry if I offend some people, actually I'm not. The unwanted truth needs to be spoken.

If anyone has anything to say, feel free to email me at indydragons@hotmail.com.

Or was it the fact you got mad the refs went to a running clock before you hit 40 points in the forth quarter, or you had to limit your player limit to 45, or the fact you didnt get your all college or nfl rules?

To be honest about it yes, it was some of all that. The refs did suck and did whatever they wanted. The league said, "well, there's nothing we can do about it, we just have to deal with it". No we don't.

Yes, they limited us to 45 men, and that was a stretch. The commish said to our faces he would support at least a 45 man and possibly more. At the first meeting, he said he never said that and couldn't support it. Not until new life outside the good old boys did we get the support.

Yes, we wanted a set of official rules that were already laid out. We were tired of the refs never knowing what the rules were and that they changed weekly.

You can call us out all you want and we will defend all of our reasons. Unless you experienced or do your homework, keep your ignorant suggestions to yourself. Or if you are going to post them, leave your name, which we know that you won't.

Come on now, what would leaving a name do for you? You never talked to us face to face. A few of us came to some of your games to talk but you would never do it without wanting the cops involved or hiding behind your players and tellin us to leave. And you will have ref problems in either of the 2 equal leagues (MFL, IFL).

Only one time was the cops called to one of our games and that was becuase the refs asked us to call. I am a cop so i made the call. So you must be a Bear/Saber/Bengal or what ever your new team name will be. You guys have not been able to hold your team together for one full season. Dont hate on us becuase your owners dont know how to run a team. What i find funny is how many people want to hate on us from other indy teams but then all of a sudden want to be a Dragon. I wish you guys the best . All i ask is that you post your name so we know who we are talking to. Some times you dont know how people are trying to be taking on the post that they leave. What might come off as rude could just be mistaken.

Just wondering what team just a bowl plays for or are you scared to say just like you say we are scared to play anyone.Pre season games dont matter to me anyways cause my starters only play one or two series anyways.

I don't play anymore, but I am a fan of semi pro football in the midwest. Lima has alot of offers on the table, but I doubt they will take any. Seminoles, Ravens, HC Wolverines has all expressed interest. I don't blame yall for passing on the games though because yall might actually play a team with a pulse in the regular season in 08.

I REFUSE TO SAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN NEGATIVE AND DEGRATING THINGS ON THIS FORUM. MY TIME WILL BE SPENT DOING GOD'S WORK; TAKE MY ADVICE.... LIFE IS TO SHORT TO BE BICKERING ABOUT SHYT YOU CANT CONTROL. I WISH THE VERY BEST OF LUCK TO ALL TEAMS IN THE MIDWEST. PLEASE GO POST YOUR COMMENTS TO MY NEW TOPIC..............

Now you see right there thats the problem with most of the post on the boards.You dont play no more or play for the teams that you say are calling out Lima.So you have to get on here and call us out cause you have nothing better to do than start crap on the board.You still have not said what team you played for.Lima will worry about Lima.You worry about...I dont know retired midwest players i guess.

Lima played 3 teams with a pulse and that's a fact. They couldn't hack it in a AAA league and dropped back down. Hell they even got ran out of the OVFL. I suspect that they will run out of the USFA if they lose a few games this year.

Still no team....makes you wonder.

OK, let me respond to the first post. The Patriots will spend at least one more year in the MFL. There are several reasons for this decision. In spite of what many of you think, there are several very solid teams in this league, and some of the newer teams are only a couple of quality recruits or coaches away from being good.
While the Dragons did provide some very good competition, the Josh's felt that this league wasn't a good fit for them(probably rightfully so), I respect their decision and wish them the best of luck wherever they go. Although I will say that I do not agree with their viewpoints on several issues.
The Cutters, in my opinion, are the team to beat in the MFL. People, if you didn't get to watch them, they are that good. As long as their coaching keeps up, and they return their players or recruit up, they will hang with anyone out there.
The Shamrock are a solid team, and as long as they hold together and don't let outside forces interfere they will be even better this year.
The Blitz are always a very solid team, and as long as Brian Raber has anything to do with a team, they can't be counted out.
As for the rest of the league, you can never question the heart and dedication of the players that are out there. I imagine it is much the same for nearly every league. The Patriots are not at the point that we need to be at to move on to a bigger league. We don't have any major sponsorship or funding that would allow us to travel to some of the places we would have to go. Folks, Adams County has 3 high schools. Two of them are "A" and one is "AAA". We are basically a rural community but have been lucky enough to attract a handfull of players from Ft. Wayne. We have turned more players away that weren't a good fit for us than we have on our roster.
We had a very good year, and are proud of that fact. We didn't stack our team to play against anybody, we definitely didn't have the refs in our pockets the way some of you seem to think. All the teams that played us know this, we have a good group of athletes who play very well together.
Football is the ONLY true team sport there is. There is no individual player who can dominate a game all by himself. Whether a QB, runningback, DE, or whatever it doesn't matter. If the other 10 guys on the field aren't doing their job, you won't be successful.
This was only our third season as a team, and we only had 5 players that have played all 3 years. Almost all of the rest joined us last year and we have been able to build on that. If all goes well we will continue to do just that.
But this is Minor League Football, and who really knows what the future holds?
Good Luck to all of you as we get ready for the upcoming season.

Coach Lyles,

while i dont necessarily agree with "just a bowl", i think you're response of "what team do you play for" carries very little weight. what difference does it make if the person asking a question plays on a team at all, or on a team that is not as talented as Lima?

The powers that be should get off of their butts and organize a post season tournament with the league champs in the region, possibly with a wild card or two....would be an easy way to settle all the issues.
If a few leagues started being proactive, we could actually start working towards standardization and a true national (or at least regional version of) national champion

With all that being said, message board monsters need to stop the drama. who cares if a team doesnt want to go out of league. they have their reasons, whether on the field or financial.

now i have been reading this board tonight for almost an hour and catching up on some of the bull that is said on here. i agree with coach liles of the warriors. if you can't state your name on here dont talk and especially if ur goin to dog a team and not be able to back it up b/c u dont play anymore. the only thing you should say "just a bowl" is what match up you would like to see between the lima warriors and whatever team you want in there. maybe get thier wheels turning on the idea. if it happens then it happens, if not then who gives a crap. personally, i have played against and watched the lima warriors and they are no joke one of the best semi-pro teams in the midwest. good luck to them this offseason and during the season.

garrison2
WOW

If you want a name, go to a different site. O, wait garrison your league dont have a message board.

Hop

I see what you are saying but the problem is if you get invited to nationals in florida you cant play another game before than.So after florida teams are getting prepared for the up and coming season.Being that leagues start at diffent times of the year dont help either.Its like an ego thing with some players or teams.Just cause you win your league and somebody else wins there league people think they have to play each other.If they dont they are scared or the they aint know good.All leagues have your good and not so good teams in them.I guess you could say its timing.Like us playing Cleveland Lions,we had a team forfit and we played Cleveland.I dont see a forfit in our league this year.I have been in semi pro for 13 years and i have seen it grow so big and better and the more teams or players understand what goes into running a top notch team or any team for that, they will understand why you try to stop all the fighting and arguing on the boards before your game even starts.The more you fight on the boards the better chance you will be fighting on the field and the better chance you lose your field.Thats what kills semi pro football.
Also just wanted to say concratulations on your win.I do hope we get to play you again not for a rematch just cause i like your organazation and you guys play good clean football.

Wolf
Well spoken,dont let anyone tell you where you need to play.If teams want to play you they will come to your league.They dont run your team or know your budget.Goodluck next season.

got me on that one "just a bowl" i dont kno what to do with myself

hey garrison, whats going on in west ohio....you guys got some more talent coming out this year....best of luck to you guys over ther

gross 36

Actually Lima dude, Suess does not say you can play in another game if you get an invite. He states that if you lose a game after you get the invite then you will lose the invite. I don't think any team should risk a possible loss after you receive an invite. The Colts tried that will you all and I don't blame you for turning that game down because they were a threat.