supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
POSITVE FEEDBACK PLEASE!

It has been to much negative shyt floating around here lately, so I want to put something positive out there in hopes that you respond to it.....INSTEAD OF THE TEAMS YOU WANT TO TALK "ABOUT, WHAT TEAMS DO YOU WANT TO PLAY AGAINST? I'LL START IT OFF.

LIMA WARRIORS: I WANT TO PLAY AGAINST ONE OF THE MIDWEST BEST PUT TOGETHER TEAMS; ALSO NEVER PLAYED AGAINST EM. PLUS I HEARD THEY WERE THE BEST IN OHIO?

HARDIN COUNTY WOLVERINES: A FEW OF MY FRIENDS FOR THE HURRICANES PLAYED AGAINST EM; NICE PUT TOGETHER TEAM AND CAN GO 5 QUARTERS IF THEY HAVE TO!

EVANSVILLE VIPERS: BEAT ME AND MY TEAM UP IN MY FIRST SEMI-PRO GAME. IT WAS A PRESEASON GAME AND THEY BLEW US OUT THE WATER. THE ONLY WAY I CAN LICK THOSE WOUNDS IS TO PLAY AGAINST THEM AGAIN! AGAIN GREAT TEAM WHO I THINK CAN GO THE FULL DISTANCE.

Re: POSITVE FEEDBACK PLEASE!

Good Luck getting a game against the Vipers as they folded early on in the 2007 season. However, your statements concerning the other two organizations are very accurate and they would be stiff competition.

We are not gonna throw out the "we'll take on anybody" thing because quite frankly, it's not true. We tried to set up a game with Lima last year, but unfortunately the schedules didn't work out to make it happen. I had the opportunity to watch Hardin County play while we were in Florida, they are are good team, and it would be fun to play them, I don't think there is anything gained by playing teams that aren't at your level of compettion or higher. "To be the best you have to beat the best". We have also talked to the Chicago Thunder.
The thing is, we usually only play one preseason game about 2 weeks before we start our regular season. This gives us the chance to see where we are and what we need to work on as we go into our league schedule. Our only goal has been to win our league.
I know there are many out there that disagree, and their primary objective is to win a "Natioanl Championship" if that works for them, that is great. But why take the chance at getting someone hurt by loading up on preseason games and not being able to win your league? If you don't, or can't, win your league, you're not going to get the invite anyway.
I truly love this game and have spent so much time around it because it has been a blast, I hope that feeling never goes away.
Is that positive enough?

Now thats what I want to see..... I think the Patriots vs Lima Warriors would be a good game to watch and pay for. Damn Wolfe........I think we can create another good topic. What matchups would you want to see the most? Good feedback...

Wolf,

When do you play your pre-season game(s)?

Since our league starts late, we are always looking for a quality preseason opponent. If you're organization is interested we would welcome the opportunity.

Hop
Hardin County Wolverines

And before anyone starts....this is not us calling anyone out, but you KNOW someone is going to say it lol We are trying to build partnerships with other quality teams in the region to help streamline the scheduling process for this and future years.

Any real football lover can understand good teams play other good teams. A good team also needs a lil swagger and confidence too; comes with the territory! I would not mine to buy a seat for that game; let me know if yaw can get it together.

Our season typically starts in Mid-July we usually play our scrimmage at the end of June.
Let me know what you are thinkin' we have had calls from several different organizations. I don't know how serious some of them are, but we wll definitely give consideration to your team.
My personal email is

wayne@acpatriots.org
hit me and we will talk about possible details

Wolf,

That sounds great. We have not booked any June dates yet so you get first choice. I'll email you my contact info now.

Hop
Hardin County Wolverines

Wayne,

emailed you a couple of days ago about setting up a pre-season game but haven't heard back. I know emails sometimes get filtered so I figured i had better leave my number just in case.
Give me a call and let me know if you're still interested in playing the Wolverines.

Thanks
Charlie Hopkins
Hardin County Wolverines
270-307-5069

Charlie,
I did email you back, it must have gotten lost in cyber space. I have been in contact with Shaun Boykins and gave him details. Right now we are on hold but it should only be a temporary thing.

Looking forward to getting together with you guys.

Wolf,

My firewall at work may have filtered you into the junk mail. That's why I always try to follow up, no reason to have any miscommunication due to something simple. Thanks for your reply. We look forward to working with you. Shaun is very resourceful, so if a game is possible he'll find a way to take care of the details and accomodate both teams. If there is anything we can do to help, just let us know.

Charlie Hopkins
Hardin County Wolverines

wolf, pretty sure dragons would take a pre season game