supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking forward to 2008

Well it must be mid January the board is starting to show signs of life. Once again seems everyone has a thought or two to share.
As Head Coach of the Cutters and President of the Cutters Board of Directors, I would like to offer mine and I'm sure there will be those who will say stay off the stupid fan site and keep my mouth shut but hey even though most of the comments on here are just that idle comments some of the things said are very true.
First off we enjoyed our first year as an organization we had a successful year and learned alot. We picked up many fans who are fans of semi-pro football. I had so many people come up to me at games and send emails about how much they enjoyed watching our home games ( and away games ) we had a large fan base that traveled to our aay games which is not only good for us but also helps the home team pay some bills. We had some good games and then we had some that were not so good, not for us as a team, and not for our fans. it isn't much fun to prepare for a game only to have barely enough players show up to play against you. I think all teams and organizations need to take a look at themselves and ask one question, do we have an organization and committed leadership to commit to playing in a semi-pro league or would we be better off just playing pick up football in a sand lot on Saturdays.
I see people on here in many posts talking bad of the Indianapolis Dragons and I can say that without a doubt they were the by far the cleanest team that we played last year and in our second game with them the game was not decided by the players on the field but rather a group of men who want so badly to be called officials. The stands were nearly full for this home game and the fans saw a great game that wasn't decided until the horn sounded. The Dragons joined us at a local grill and bar for food and drinks after the game now that is class. Josh and Jt gave us advice all season long and we listened to some of it and didn't to some of it. Yes there are some problems in the MFL that need to be resolved and officials is at the top of the list in one post it was said they arrived when they wanted to and did what they wanted when they got there that person making that post must have been at our games. We didn't have a ganme start on time at home the entire season. We never had any set rules. I even had an official tell me once when I complained about a late hit this and these are his exact words " I saw it coach and I'm going to talk to the man" talk my A** throw your flag you aren't out there to teach people you ar there to call a game and enforce the rules. I have will be incontact with the IHSAA in the coming weeks to see just how many of these so called officials actually officiate games for for IHSAA.
I'm sure the league meeting will be a lively affair and I hope we many questions get answered.
The Cutters are proud of the organization we have put together and we urge all fans of semi-pro football to attend at least one of our home games this year and see how we do things in Bloomington.We will do it all again this year the fireworks, the band, and yes the twenty or so cheerleaders have also committed to being at our games again this year. We are in great shape and are expecting big numbers at our tryouts later this spring. If you are interested in joining our organization email me at jallen47408@bluemarble.net

Re: Looking forward to 2008

Very well said. I look forward to meeting you at the league meeting. I will be reprsenting the East Central Wolverines. Having played in this league for two years and for a team who often had trouble finding enough players to play, I agree that it does hurt the competition level to have teams like that. However, having been on the other side of it, I can assure you there are many factors leading to that kind of thing happening. As for the Dragons, I agree that the negative things that have been said about them aren't warranted. I've only been on the field once, but JT had personally emailed me several times during last season wishing us the best and he and I talked at length before that game and I'm sorry to see them go to be honest. He also apologized for the behavior of some of his players which I thought was very classy of him.

Oops that was supposed to say "on the field with the Dragons once"

AFTER THE FIRST GAME WE PLAYED; I SEEN THAT THE CUTTERS WERE COMPETITION. CANT GIVE NOTHING BUT RESPECT TO YOUR ORGANIZATION.........

I agree with everything you have stated. To speak about teams and low numbers, this can be a result of many things. Those factors are pretty much common sense to everyone on this board. Location, and rescources are at the top. However, you will get what you put into it. Money is out there, fields are out there. Agree or disagree, the league is a huge factor in this as well. A good league is a league that sees potential in a certain team and goes out of thier way to help them succeed. It starts with a core and grows from there. I hope that you have weighed your options and sent some apps in. I know one place your organiztion would fit very well in. A good league isn't always represented by numbers or power houses, it's signified by beliefs and structure. I hope your post is felt by the people for whom it is inteded. If i'm guessing right, It's a strong move. If i'm not guessing right, god speed. Either way, good luck in '08

Why should a league go out of the way for one team? According to some people on this site, the mfl helped the patriots win a title, which is a croc of crap cause they are a solid team, but there was a lot of complaining about it. As far as the cutters go, they wont leave a league where they know they are in the top 2 or 3 in the league.
If you aint happy in your league, go somewhere else and dont complain, simple as that. I played in the mfl, ifl and most recently the glfl. There isnt a big difference in the ifl and mfl, they seem to be about the same in many aspects. Now the glfl is more organized and has consistant teams, as Im sure the msfl and a few other leagues do. You also dont see them airing there dirty laundry on here! So if you dont like the league you are in step up.

Well let me reply to that. The Cutters are willing to play anybody that wants to come play us. We welcome a challenge. I was airinf dirty laundry on here just stating some facts. Since you played in several leagues then you know first hand about some of the problems that semi-pro football has and why they have them. I have never got here and bad mouthed the Patriouts or Wayne Wolf I think they have a great organization. The MFL does have its share of problems but nothing that can't be fixed if everyone works together. I noticed you didn't say what team you play for thats a shame because I would like to extend an invitation to you to come to Bloomington for a pre-season game and I promise you we will show you what kind of team and organization we are.
A Roy Mercer saying comes to mind " when was the last time you had a good country a** whipping" I never said we didn't enjoy last year we enjoyed every game that he had and hated the fact there were so many off weeks due to forfeits. The Patriots won the championship and thats that but I think we earned their respect and the respect of the other league teams as well.
So here's the offer you bring your team to Bloomington on June the 22nd 3pm kick off, for a pre-season game and we will see if we can hang with a team that is a step up from where we are. We would enjoy having the chance to play against a team that is got all their sh*t together.

My appologies if I led you to believe that a league should go out of thier way to help ONE team suceed. That is not what I meant. My meaning was it is important for the League to offer support and guidance to a team should it need it. A good league can offer the responsibilities of officials, responsibilities of rules, responsibilities of competition, a fair place to call home. A place where your ideas can be heard. A place where you can get ideas. A place where you can grow. If you plan to Open your own franchise, wouldn't you prefer to have it from a company that gives you the best chance to succeed? My point, it's your team.....you are in control of how it is ran and of it's future, so why not make it easier on yourself with choosing the best option that allows you to grow with your goals.

first off this is semi pro not the nfl or pro arena ball that being said you arent going to have complete organization... people arent getting paid and alot of the players do have normal lives so if they cant make it to a game thats not a teams fault its semi pro guys i mean come on.

Cutter guy, I was acutally talkin to the other guy about the one team support thing but he clarified what he meant. I never said that you said anything and acutally gave you a compliment with the top 2 or 3 team in the league thing. But somebody in your league did air laundry, cause someone copy and pasted something about the sand lot ball on a previous post. And when I said teams are more organized and consitant, I meant exactly that. We dont have 15 different color helmets or jerseys like some teams in the mfl. I speak for myself and not my team, so there is no reason to leave who I play for since they may not share my views, but I will say we are a very good team and I will ask management about your offer since you think you will give us a "country azz whoopin".

I know it was not directed at us, but the Hardin Co. Wolverines will gladly accept the challenge if our schedule permits.

so what are some teams supposed to do with the different colored jerseys some teams gain players in the middle and late in season and would be pointless to buy new jerseys taking a few weeks to get them in and then the season be over anyway. some teams that start out dont have alot of money like i said before semi pro people

to be quite blunt with you, you come on here with your rantings and ravings, about refs, and small teams, and a$$ whoopins. but all you did was promote your probelems and offer NO solutions. this sounds very similar to what an Indy team moaned about all through the 2007 season. and yet no solutions were suggested from your post. so either you complain to hear yourself talk, or you just want everyone to know who does all the b!+ching. you talk about having no compitition, but if that was the case you would have won all of your division games and won the championship, but you couldn't even get to the championship game. and if you think you no one else can hang with you guys,maybe you guys should get out of the MFL and step into my league: The USFA.hell if you stay in that league, the blazers or any other usfa team wont get in, so that you can try to run the table and be a bullie.