supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Schedule Revision

With the Longhorns now folding this means that there will be three bye weeks. That is two too many in my opinion. We could eliminate one of these if the final week of regular season was dropped and the playoffs were moved up one week. This is how it could be done.

Warriors @ Cougars Sept 6 instead of Oct 4
Crush @ Mustangs Aug 9 instead of Oct 4
Cutters @ Shamrock July 19 Instead of Oct 4
Blazers, Generals, and Wranglers remain the same

THis would work out well because these teams with schedule changes have the dates available and the home and away teams remain the same.

Please try to get the ball rolling on this.

Matt

Re: Schedule Revision

Shire...thanks for your opinion, but those with the powers are already trying to determine what the best situation would be. To be honest I haven't considered that yet, but I don't like it!! LOL

Oh, and by the way, i think I saw wisel starin at your arse last night during practice...I may be wrong, butt(pun intended) you may wanna watch out!

Your daddy,

You are not a father figure to me, more like a little sister whon is going through an awkward stage

Hoss im not the one bending over in front of surface. You seemed to really enjoy that and what the hell i wasnt even by Shire. You suck!!!!!

What about cross over games with other leagues such as the Mid-States? Shamrocks v Titans Thunder v Generals. Could be good for both leagues.

MY opinion...which doesn't mean anything:

Keep the same start date, revamp the schedule, and each team plays 4 away + 4 at home. Play eight weeks straight, then have our standard bye before the playoffs...the championship game would be held on Oct. 11th.

I play because I love football, but whenever I'm presented with a chance to spend more time with family...i'll take it. This would cut our season from 4 months long to 3.

I know this will screw up a lot of teams who need to schedule fields in advance, hopefully the schedule would allow them to keep most of the home dates they already have.

Again, just my $0.02

Thoughts??

Thad #73

Another idea could be two divisions pending the dragons are let back in

Cougars, Wranglers, Shamrocks, Mustangs, Crush,

Generals, Blazers, Warriors, Dragons, Cutters,

Everyone from north plays each other twice and same for the south and then each team plays two non-conference games hopefully keeping most away games closer and going back to a

10 Game Schedual

Thats a good idea but the Dragons have about as much chance of getting back in the league as we do of having gas prices go back to a dollar a gallon

I agree with Hoss, why stretch out the season? Having bye weeks just gets you out of rythym. The pros play 16 games and only have one bye, right now we have 8 games and 4 byes.

10 Games-No byes

sorry, I messed up...it would be 9 weeks straight...1 team would have a buy per week. Then no bye before play-offs. Just rock n' roll!

Don't forget about labor day weekend, I go on vacation and I am sure that many guys in the league take there families somewhere.

Shire you're like a woman, there's no way to make you truly happy and you always bring up "important" stuff after discussions have been going on for some time.

UNACCEPTABLE!!

HEY...I already took that into consideration, whether you believe that or not...IF the championship game were on the 11th of Oct., and there was no bye at the end of the regular season...we keep the same start date...we would have a 10 week season, with 2-bye weeks (1 of which would be labor day weekend).

what now...she-ire