Author
Comment
Lima Warriors 48, Mt. Carmel Fire 3

Game info posted on the website later:

Scoring Summary:

Final Score was 48-3, Scoring summary:

1Q:
A. Cleckley 6 yd. run-Ridenhour ep.
J. Henderson 15 yds. to J. Butcher-Ridenhour ep.

2Q:
M. Gregory 5yd. run-Ridenhour ep.
W. LeGrant 35 yd. int return-Ridenhour ep.
J. Henderson 65 yds. to Je. Bott-Ridenhour ep.

3Q:
J. Butcher 60 yd. punt return-Ridenhour ep.
J. Henderson 41 yds. to K. Runion-ep blocked

4Q:
Mt. Carmel-Fragassi 34 yd. FG.

Final 48-3.

Warrior fans make the short trip over to Ada's War Memorial Stadium, our old home, as we take on the Ada Dark Knights next Saturday. If you can't make the trip, be sure to listen to the game at www.limawarriors.com.

Re: Lima Warriors 48, Mt. Carmel Fire 3

im sorry but doesnt it get boring just absolutely stomping every opponent?

What do you suggest we do? We may have one of the top 5 hardest schedules in the midwest this year. Top players want to be a part of the org which makes us better year after year.

im not saying you guys are scheduling easy or anything im just asking if it gets boring only having a real competitive game like twice a year

TOP 10 WAYS TO MAKE THINGS MORE COMPETITIVE FOR THE WARRIORS!

10: 8 on 11!!

9: They have to put stripes on the helmets of the really good guys, so they can't carry the ball.

8: The other teams get a point for every first down...still might be a blow out.

7: The other teams get to use Nerf footballs when on offense.

6: If a player scores, they aren't allowed to play the rest of the game.

5: Warrior offensive linemen cannot weigh more than 165 lbs.

4: Warrior wide outs cannot weigh any less than 325 lbs

3: The other teams get to use "Make It Take It" rule.

2: Warriors vs Warriors---Great game!!

1: Warriors gotta chug a beer after each score!

There you go...no need to thank me. Problem solved!!

Dont worry, no one was going to thank you.

The Warriors play a top 5 schedule in the midwest?

Are you playing ANY of the top 5 teams even?

Detroit Ravens?
Detroit Seminoles?
Hardin County Wolverines?
Kane County Eagles?
Racine Raiders?
Nashville Storm?

You're playing a schedule of consistently good teams but NO top teams. The top opponent will be who?? the wayne county wolverines? Force? both are average at best.

Play 2-3 of the top teams each year then you can get some respect.

What do you mean they will get respect? There at the top in the area! They beat a undefeated Jets team to win a Championship last year, I say that gets them respect!! Or are you trying to say that all those teams they beat are soft?

a sol7:

Answer your own question after our four game stretch of Akron, Wayne County, West Michigan and Grand Rapids.

It doesn't matter what you do, those who can't, hate. We will play the opponents put before us by the USFA and let the chips fall where they may.

That dude must be from Hardin County Wolverines cause they don't belong on that list.

You're probably right. We only hope to competitive.

Shaun Boykins
Hardin County Wolverines

i mean i play for the wranglers so i dont have to worry about this problem, i was just wondering if there were any tougher teams out there for you guys...

apparetnly there are but like you said you can only play who you are scheduled to play

That dude must be from Hardin County Wolverines cause they don't belong on that list.

wow...that hurt just a bit

Perhaps you and your team would like to demonstrate that on the field?

I haven't seen Lima play in a number of years but they have always been a well respected opponent.

That being said, the Wolverines have a composite record of 3-1 against the teams mentioned
(1-0 Lima, 2-0 Nashville Storm, 0-1 Ravens)
and finished 2007 ranked #10 by the National Football Events poll (KC Eagles and Ravens were ahead of us, Seminoles, Storm and Raiders behind us)

so please defend your point again?
or better yet, lets schedule a game!
We've never run from a game. Win, lose or draw we still get to do what we love...PLAY FOOTBALL

Hop

I guess you heard that.

Play the Seminoles, game was offered and backed away from. I KNOW this to be true. then late openings came and no one made a call hhhmmm top 5, no way. We may have the hardest schedule out! that's a fact.

This is the problem with Semi Pro. No matter what you do people will still talk. Until they get read of A AA AAA and go to one level and everybody is on a national stage there will always be smack talked. It will never happen.. Prime example why we won't play the Noles. We have nothing to prove.

You have nothing to prove? If in fact minor league ball did go to a one class system, Lima would be one of the biggest victims because their tendency to play no recognized powers would keep them from being a title contender even if they went undefeated.

Lima is the equivalent of Boise St. Always has a stellar record, has a very legitimate chance of pulling off an upset in a one game scenario but would take a couple L's playing in a power conference (league in this case).

There is nothing wrong with being the big fish in a small pond. Just dont kid yourself about having a true claim at being amongst the best until you PLAY those teams. Comparative score theory suggests you'd do well, but until you back it up on the field it wont matter.

The USFA improving will add legitimacy this season but WCW have already been exposed as frauds. Force and Thunder may be for real, too early to tell yet.

Well in that case who would be the best in the country. We have semi-pro teams all over the country. To stake claim to being the best in the usa is ridiculous since we never played anybody from the west or south. If semi-pro was governed by one league or organization then we could beat ur chest as being one of the best teams. But it's not. We semi-pro ball cause we love to play football period.

We have nothing to prove. We will play anybody. The reason the Noles got turned away goes deeeper then ohhh they might be good. We did play the lions last year and that was no upset. We played the Twolves this year in a scrimmage. We don't hide. We know we are not number one in our country but we are up there. Nuff said.

Lima, Mid-Ohio, and The Chicago Thunder are just alike. They play in a bad league and refuse to play anyone that is good. There are a few teams that have offered games to these teams on known open dates only for them to say we are not playing on that date then turn around and play a blind kickball caliber team instead.

Yeah right you are probably from a team that got blown out by us aren't ya. Don't hate, you could possibly beat someone out on our team and have a roster spot.

Warrior,

Your win against the Cleveland Lions is the PERFECT example of what powerhouse teams from each league should be doing.

Obviously you can't play every good team in the country or the region for that matter. The Seminoles have done the best job of scheduling i have seen. Playing the Pittsburgh Colts, Kane County , Racine and were scheduled to play the Monroe County Sting.

The Wolverines pre-season schedule was supposed to have a few big names also. We had NEMO and the Canadian National Team booked but both pulled out due to various conflicts. We also have Adams County Patriots, MLFN National Champs in their class in addition to trying to get games with regional powers Chi Thunder, Lima Warriors and Mid-Ohio Jets.

As for the teams west and south....we've played both the last two post seasons in Miami :)

Hop

So basically what you are saying is if you win your league and don't jump to another league your ducking someone? Is that right? Some people have loyalty and a belief in the leagues they are in. Nothing worth while happens over night. Also some times games just don't work out. If you would like to sponsor the aforementioned games. You know gas money, pay for the stadium and pay for the refs. Then maybe you can make these games happen. Or maybe you can have your mommy bring you a sandwich (make sure she cuts the crust off) and a coke and you can tell her about the mean people on the message boards that won’t take you seriously cause you use a fake name.

Thunder vs. Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now that would be a game to see!

LW73,

Are you answering my post or someone else's?
It's directly after mine, but I didnt say anything about jumping leagues. Pre- and Post season games yield plenty of opportunity to for the premiere teams to face off.

Either way....if teams want to play the best in the area regardless of class or league affiliation, there is almost always a way.

Hop

Hop, I was replying to "Yeah Right" not you. I have nothing but respect for you and your organization. In fact I am still hoping that the powers to be get together and we can play you guys. It would be a good game.