supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Indiana Cardinals................

FORT WAYNE - The Southern Michigan Timberwolves turned in an impressive performance in their season opener Saturday, dominating the Indiana Cardinals 30-0.

Milan graduate Jon Hart scored Southern Michigan's first touchdown on a 63-yard punt return.

Charles Foster caught a TD pass from new quarterback Kent Smith, Nate Lewis scored on a 15-yard run and Corey Phillips kicked field goals of 50 and 32 yards.

The Timberwolves did all of their scoring in the first half and the defense held Indiana to 44 net yards, including just 2 rushing.

"I'm pleased that we got to look at a lot of guys today,'' coach Dick Clark said. "We played the starters pretty much on offense (only) in the first half. I can't be disappointed with a shutout by the defense.''

Smith completed 7-of-12 passes for 93 yards. Hart caught 3 for 25 yards. Lewis was the leading rusher with 44 yards in 6 attempts.

Jason Robbins sparked the defense with three tackles for loss, plus a sack.

Newcomer Willis Barringer was impressive at safety and Kassem Rizk had a fine game on special teams. Rizk blocked a punt, had two tackles and had the block that sprung Hart on his punt-return TD.

Re: Indiana Cardinals................

What was the point of the subject being Indiana Cardinals when all you did was talk about the other team?

The post was not written by me, I only copied it and pasted it to the website cuz ppl wanted to know what the score was and the only thing that I could find was the article that was written in the paper.....thus you have what you see

No disrespect intended but when you get "dominated", articles are typically about the other team. Get 'em next time Cardinals!

tru, there was no disrespect intended on my part at all, when i did the post i couldnt remember the name of the team that they had played and when i pasted it on there i didnt even pay attention to the fact that the team name was listed.....the cards will be a good team, they played a team that has a solid foundation and has been around the block more than a decade.....

Drekey......

I like what you are doing.....
helping others stay in the loop...
no disrespect was given....
Just information of teams from the MidWest..

thanks Gam......hell, if i could find more stuff about the teams in the IFL i would do the same thing....ppl tend to keep it under wraps more for some reason, but the season is almost here and the smoke and the dust is about to settle.....lets get it........

Dre

No disrespect taken, thanks for the pub, even though it was a blow out, it was a good game,now we know what we need to work on. We started to come around in the second half, our starting back got hurt in the first qtr, after that things started going down hill. We have alot of new faces on our team that havent played semi pro ball, and alot of "I'm the man" attitudes left with that lost. Again thanks for keeping up with us. RC Riot at Cardinals June 28th Kick off at 4:00pm

No doubt C-Note....like i said, I went damn near around the world looking for any posting about the game, even after I had come across the one that I posted, but I just couldnt find one....I have so much love for the players that play this game, not just the IFL, but the MFL and all the other leagues as well...You may find out that it was a good thing for that game to turn out the way that it did....just keep at it and i'm sure you will be alright....How's stoder doin?

Dre, Stoder didn't play that game being his season just got over in indoor he said he "needed time to rest" c'mon, but we understand. He should be alright though as soon as our QB gets here. He stays in Fishers so it's kinda hard for him to get here, but he'll be back for the start of regular season. Good luck to the Cutters this year I was looking forward to playig you guys last year, but the Dragons beat us in playoffs. I played for Elkhart after the Flyers folded last year. Them guys up there, are like fam, my South Bend Stampede days were the best I had playing semi pro as far as fun.