supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IFL Pre-Season Rankings

IFL Pre-Season Rankings according to my opinion:

1: Cutters (Strong Organization, New Key Players)
2: Generals (Solid Team For Years)
3: Warriors (Definite Sleeper)
4: Mustangs (Up & Coming Team)
5: Crush (Shows up sometimes, but good when they do)
6: Wranglers (We shall see)
7: Shamrock (??????)
8: Blazers (Not enough talent)
9: Cougers (?????)

Re: IFL Pre-Season Rankings

IFL Fan,
you seriously must have no idea about the teams in the IFL. you have the wranglers listed about the shamrock and blazers, get real.

those teams are new to the ifl how would you know any better. and also have you ever played the wranglers? they have talent and never quit. they deserve some respect and i also believe this will be their year to open some eyes. recruitment done them well this offseason. my only concern with the ranking is that i believe the warriors will be stronger than # 3

im not under estimating the wranglers, i dont know much about them im just going off past records. as we all know in semi pro football, one good offseason can make you a contender.
as the warriors go i have been reading about them and seen some scores they arent deserving of a 3 spot. they lost to mt carmel and that was mt carmels only win. they squeeked out a win against the nati falcons, im not sure about their last game but i can bet if they won it wasnt by much. yea they went 10-0 last year but they were in a subpar league. if anyone should get props it should be the generals and mustangs.

Toss up between Top 4 Teams. Any of them could win it. And yes the Wranglers might be the sleeper of them all.

i have to say, i really don't care where people rank us, the mustangs at on these rankings, because when the season gets here, we will show where we belong. the funniest thing to me about those rankings is the cougars being ranked last, LAST, anyone who has ever played them knows they should never be ranked last.

Uhh.... Thats why it say PRE-SEASON. Meaning before the season...LOL

Where do you think the Cougars should go?

cougars.......top 5

Cougars are a top team every year and have beat us up more than every other team in the IFL (wranglers)

1.Cutters
2.Generals
3.Mustangs
4.Crush
5.Shamrocks
6.Cougars
7.Blazers
8.Warriors
9.Wranglers

Top team with out a doubt is the CUTTERS. Hands Down. More talent, More depth, Great Coaches & Organization. If they were to play in a national playoff system they would do good.

The cutters do have some talent. There is a few things that you seem to be forgetting about.

#1. This is the IFL - The cutters will be playing reals teams every week. Last year the only teams that the cutters faced that had more than 20 guys was the Bltiz,Pats & Dragons. Can they hold up the wear and tear week in and week out.

#2. They are young and new to semi-pro football. They have some kids that are still not men yet that dont know how to act. They have kicked a few players off the team already. They do have some players that have been around but 10 guys can not carry a whole team.

#3. They are to cocky. They think that they have won the IFL already and now every team will be wanting to bring it even more.

#4. tidbits here and there - They have "ONE" good coach and a bunch of yes men. Lack of leadership with the players. Unhappy players - some players are seeing that other players can come and go as they please and are getting sick of it and not showing up for practice.

This will be the last year for the cutters. All the players that come to practice and bust butt will be assed out this year and not come back next year.

I think I'm going to get sick, why don't you put us the Warriors Last. Then week by week when we smash your heads in you can slowly move us up one spot at a time.
(Dont forget you make Father Time Mad He Come For You!!!!!)
Happy 4th
Frazier 72
Hit The Gym Sucka

Why are you former cutters fan? Did you not renew your season tickets...LOL. Seriously the Cutters are probably the best in the league, & then the Generals. I just got back from watching the Cutters practice this evening & my opinion is still the same. The funny thing is could care less about any of these teams...LOL

#72 OOOOOOOOOOOld man time, is'nt about time you call it and just enjoy your golden years? My goodness man this is the year of calling it quits and leaving the game while your best times are behind you or in front of you, depending on your veiw of things. So lets raise our classes of prune juice to his memory. HERE HERE!

To this Former Cutters Fan and anybody else that has an issue with our team;
How is it that you get off saying that Cutters feel as if we have already won the championship when that has never, not once, came out of any of our players or coaches mouths? Why are you now are former cutters fan? True we have kicked some players off of the team but not during the season, all of our cuts happened after tryouts so your information is flawed. We have had some players not at practice this past week or two but this is not because they are just not showing up....these ppl have certain things....ummmm i believe they are called JOBS or Families that they have to deal with, so by all means please call them out for taking care of buisness first. Also, we dont have many players missing practice that have not been in contact with either a team captain or a coach, so once again your info is flawed.......
Last thing that i will say about this is, ppl need to get ready for a great season, we have a very very good league this year and we are not any different than any other team in this league and all we want to do is play ball.....

why bother responding to stuff like that. it dosent matter.

I've searched the boards and have yet to find a post where a Cutter player has made any predictions about our season. It seems to come from other observers. I speak for myself, we are going to be good, BUT we must play up to our potential week in & out. NEVER underestimate any teams, NEVER!

We the BEST!

WHO?!

Proud to be a Cutter!

Glad to have you with us JC....just like old days when we played together as kids, and just like back then you are still slower than i am and you still dont hit the way that i do, but you are a welcomed addition and im sure we can find a place for you as a back up on the D and maybe even a full time position on special teams..................lol
and that bet is on bro.....tackles for the team and tackles for loss.....lets get it.......

Oh Dre....when will you ever learn?? I see you are not smarter than you use to be.

Dont you know you only have to be fast enough to get from side to side?? unlike you i wont have to chase the ball carrier from behind! I make tackles...i dont miss them ;)

And the bet is on! and yeah i will play special teams and im sure that it wont take long to take a position from somebody...maybe even you! lol

Tru JC, i may not be smarter than a 5th grader, but then again neither are you.......and you may take a position from someone, just not mine, you're not fast enough to play out there in space like some of us (ME) therefore i believe you need to stay inside between the tackles.....and unlike you, now and back then, you are a one trick pony.....ball comes to you, you tackle it, whereas I must locate the ball, seek and distroy, maintain outside contain, and defend the pass.....i know all that other stuff is over your head and thats why we have a 2nd and long and 3rd down group to come in for you........lmao im just sayin.........

LMAO...Dre...i would even make the bet I have more INTs than you! I think you forget that is where i played for the Broncos and I would like to think very well, but being the athlete i am...lol...i can play where ever...unlike you...we have to use what limited skills you have and place you in the best place for you. :)

you crazy.....there are only 2 places that we can put you JC....inside lb or the bench, u need to be thankful that i spoke well of you or the bench would be where u were sitting..........lol
if you finish wit my int's than i do, i will buy you ah few drinks..........you might get me on the tackles cuz i hear that like to run up the gut, once again right at you, that shows the mere lack of respect that they have for you, but the int's bro, thats my world, dont forget i played SS so im use to playin in space and in coverage, i was just blessed wit this size and this speed therefore you move me around becuz im like that universal key, i fit everywhere bro...........

maybe you are not smarter than a 1st grader...i said i play OLB lol..not MLB last year and the year before, and the year before and the year before. lol...and you know i appreciate you speaking up for me! you just made the process of playing faster!

Also, i think the outside LB in a 3-4 has just as much opportunity as the MLB to get tackles...hell you have more freedom than a middle does. Dont start making excuses now! lol

Universal key!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL that was good

You two guys should just have dinner and see a movie!

Im too sexy for Dre!

You liked that universal key huh.........lol
that was just for you bro and i made that up right on the spot......lmao
it just flowed right thru me.......oh and trust me Bob, JC and I are gonna have dinner plans for this entire season, always on Saturday's, and the menu will vary from play to play, could be running back, fullback, qb, hell im sure we will have a few lineman too.....for dessert im sure we will have sweet Wide Reciever across the middle of the field......Movies, of course, will be on tues during film session.........
Back to you JC....im not backin down dude, you know im stealin tackles that those old legs of yours wont allow u to run to....so just be ready....you saw me in practice....im not 15 anymore
lol

ha...dinner never sounded so good...:) and no i didnt see you in practice because i was making the first contact on 90% of the tackles...im sure you seen me though...coming in and jumping on the pile ;) lol.

1.Cutters
2.Generals
3.Mustangs
4.Crush
5.Shamrocks
6.Cougars
7.Blazers
8.Wranglers
9.Warriors

There Frazier.....R u happy now?

And I am a fan of the Cutters, but with all the talk going on in this thread I hope for #42's sake he is the TRUTH because it would be hard for Ray Lewis to back up all the talk he is spewing on this thread!

The talk being done by me is between myself and my teammate and its all being done in fun, but just in case you were really wondering if I am a real baller or not, all you have to do is ask my teammates or come out to some of our games and watch us play, not me because I'm only one man, hell I can be the best at what I do and lose. I hope you remain a fan of ours and I truly hope that you get to come out and see us play......JC, how dare you say that i was jumping on top of the piles, you know damn well it was me causing all the pile up, blowing up blockers and all.....and yeah Bobby B im calling you out sucka.....im calling you out chump.....meet me on the practice field on the 50yrd line sucka........lmao
I love these guys........

Dre & JC-

how bout you guys both give it a rest? You're both pretty damn good ball players than most any team would love to build a team around, so I am not sure arguing about who is better will do anyone any good.

For the record, I am looking forward to a great IFL season this year- and am confident that there will be some great games. Everyone's idea of who will be the best team aside, I am sure it is going to be a great season.

supa, didnt mean to sound like we were arguing about who is better. I dont want to speak for Dre but we have known each other for a long time and we are just giving each other a hard time. Didnt mean to seem like a yahoo on here.

I would have to say Dre is better anyways, but if i can get him to "scruffle" with me i will. :)

Well Dre & JC I guess you will have to split those tackles 3ways, cuz I'm damn sho going to get mine. I hope the whole defense takes it as a challenge to have the most tackles, thats GREAT for us.

Thats what i would like to hear teammate....Supa we are not arguing at all, really, JC and I have known one another for almost 15yrs.......damn son......lol
he would say I am better and I would say the he is better, we do what we do, between the tackles and getting to the ball, if i had to pick me or him then i would gladly say him, running somebody down from the back on a dead sprint i would pick me......doin a combo of both i would pick one of our new backers...thats just how we do.......

I like a good challenge!!!

I love it! Let's make the league respect our D, cuz we gonna bring it. 12days & counting!

Its about time you put us Last! We the ( Warriors ) are the worst Team the IFL has ever let in.
Thanks for getting the Rankings Straight.
Well the only thing left is to Strap Up and Play.

Frazier 72

Hit The Gym Sucka

I would appreciate the person who is using General#33 to have some class and not use ID names that are not your own! If you have nothing better to do than get on here and use other peoples names throughout the league to post stuff, which i know a few people who do (no names to be mentioned), then you have a pretty pathetic existance. I dont care about rankings, how many players teams have or how good this team or that team is. I am just ready to get this season going and looking forward to playing against all the IFL teams! Good luck to everyone and have a healthy season!

What makes you think you have that number...LOL..

I refuse to believe the hype that Frazier 72 and that Warriors or goin to finish at the bottom of the league, so please know that the Cutters are preparing for a tough game against you as well as a tough season in the IFL........to any of my frat bruhs that might be playing in the league and happen to read this.......GOMAB

Well hell yeah.....who else would want that number after i have put it to shame over the past 7 years!

I hate to say it but I think that the Mustangs should be ranked higher than they are. I am friends with alot of guys that are playing for them this year. They looked to be pretty stacked.

I have seen a few of the Cutter practices and even got asked to leave once and I can say this without any question they better hope that high powered offense scores alot because they are not getting it yet on defense. Seems to be very confusing to their players, in fact one night there was a couple of fights that broke out at practice, I also have to agree they have one coach that knows what is going on and everyone else just goes along with what is said. On offense they had Isreal Thompson and a player named Becton who played at Notre Dame, of course they have Gilmore who is fast as greased lighting not much depth on the O-line they won't be able to pick up a blitz or the D-line average players at best on the line and they won't do much blitzing. The QB is the same young man that was QB last year and after him they have nothing. The secondary is average as well and if a team wants to get to them all they will have to do is spread the field and work the middle the TE will be open all day the long ball can also be had, I didn't see any good cover corners at the three practices I watched. Ok I guess I have blabbed long enough and nothing on here means anything I guess the truth will come out on the 19th well I guess the 2nd as the Lonhorns have folded but for those of you who have picked this team to win it all I'll say this offensive average 20 points per game but their defense will give up an average of 24 points per game. I guess I won't be going to anymore practices since I was told not to return by a very foul mouthed guy who told me he was a coach. They are not near as well organized as they were last year and they have some real ego problems that I believe will destroy this team I have seen it happen to many very good established teams in the past and this team is not strong enough to have this going on this early, and from what I gathered many of their sponsors from last year have not renewed. This is not the same organization it was a year ago. Now with everything I have written here please don't let this turn into a come and get me thread. I have just stated what I feel and it is based on what I have seen. This board can turn ugly very fast and I hope my statements don't cause a backlash. Lets be grown ups here. I do not intend to offend any of the Cutter players or coaches but unless some people take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves some tough questions you all are in for a long season. I'll make a suggestion look at what you were doing at this point in time last year and then compare it to where you are at right now. work on getting that family feeling again and I think that if you look at things with an open mind you will see some things that you are missing right now.Don't let jealous feelings or ego's ruin what you have. This is a new season with a new league you will have to be ready to play each week and if it is not a team effort from the top down it will be a disapointing season.

I also think whether they like it or not that the Warriors should be ranked higher. Alot of talent and also a good roster size.

I have the warriors & mustangs 3 & 4. I dont believe they are better than the Generals or Cutters. Every poll after mine seems to agree. Oh.....and bout the Cutters not having a good enough defense, don't believe that nonsense. I know their LB crew is going to be one of the best in the league & area on any level of semi pro competition. So dont think you can run up the middle on these guys, they are BIG & FAST.

We have the BEST LB crew in the league, Hands Down!

I think rankings are fun to look at regardless where they put us. If they rank us high it shows respect for how well we did last year *cough*forgetaboutthechampionshiplastyearlol*cough* and if they rank us low its motivation to show them up. But all in all there just fun. Anyways cant wait to play the warriors next week! I know they have a lot of talent and respectable players and wouldnt want any other way to start the season off! Good Luck to all!
Petre

*cough*i thought that championship game was boring, the loaded up torna-broncado-cutter-gypsie-train rolled you guys up like an old newspaper! looks like this year will be about the same, go cutters!

I have followed the Cutters since day one last year and I have made it to a few of their practices I just wanted to respond to the earlier post about getting run off from a practice. I have never had a problem watching their practice in fact they have the times and location on the team web site. Yes it looks like a different team this year and maybe for whatever reason they aren't as organized as they were last year but they are still a pretty good team. In regard to players There does seem to be something going on with the quarterback position in fact last week they didn't have a qb at practice but I'm sure that is something that is being worked out. Hey you only need one don't you and the one from last year will be fine in my book they would be in big trouble without him though, as far as all these ranking s go there isn't a team in the league that can stay within two touchdowns of the Cutters yes I'm a fan and yes I am rooting for them but the truth is the truth. It is funny though how fast things pop up here when things aren't going smoothly as they are right now.

well dave sorry we didnt play to entertain you, ill be the first to admit we didnt show up to play and have been waiting the last year to hopefully work our way back to the championship. we did deserve to be there and worked our way there just like the broncos. they earned and deserved the championship simple as that so move on mr. dave
Petre

yeah, i thought it was boring too, but hey we were there, did you play in a championship game last year. i don't play football just to play in a championship game, i play to win, unfortunately we didn't do that. but hey this year is here and we have more talent this year added to what already was a solid nucleus, so mr. dave, hope to see you there again this year. good luck to all teams this year, 2 more weeks till kickoff.