supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pirates vs Stampede

After a "ugly" game due to all the mud. Pirates won 25-6. More info to come later.

Re: Pirates vs Stampede

The mud had nothing to do with that game being ugly. Two teams that just are not that good played a very bad game. The pirates are the better team by far but saying that you are better than the stampede is nothing to be proud of. The pirates have a good Def. that will win them some games.

I was at the game and to be honest this was a game played between 2 first year teams that will end up being pretty good if they stick together....The Stampede have a pretty good core to their defense....they need more depth and if they get that they will be good...as for the other side of the ball they need lineman......period, a few good lineman and they will be hard to deal with because they have a one of the best running backs in the league.....recievers need to hold on to the ball though.....Pirates are pretty much ok, on O they need some depth with the line, but the skill positions are ok.....the defense is solid as well......

The score was actually 19-6 but that doesn't matter we still lost. To say that the pirates are a better team is giving them way to much credit for a team that had to pick up other players just to play us. The pirates had playes at our practice a couple of days before our game acting like they wanted to come to our team and play. then when saturday came around they were standing on the other side of the field. Were they really that scared they had to come and scout out our practice. Now that's no excuse why we lost we were simply out played on the O side. It's hard to win a game when our O can't put any points on the board

Fuel Fan didn't you get the memo, its now the Indianapolis Stampede.

Anyways yes, your are correct. The final score was 19-6. Between not having a scoreboard, the 88 deg heat, covered head to toe in mud, and the back and forth turnovers, I seemed to have forgot. After watching the game film tonight, I have some stats. See below.

As far as having some of our players showing up at your practices wanted to play the week before a game, please send me an e-mail informing me by name who these players were and I will put a stop to it ASAP. I don't condole their actions and do not wish for any any such actions to happen any team in any league. Trust me when I say I have been worried about the same thing happening to us.

My take on the game: Dirty (mud), sloppy (play), and differently not a performance to boost about. This being our first game together as a team, I am glad for a win, but more importantly, very glad to know what we need to work on.

Now to the Stats, (sorry supa next time I will make sure it is the correct thread)

Score by Quarter - Total
MCP 0-13-0-6 19
Indy 0-0-0-6 6

Total Yards-First Downs
MCP 125 8
Indy 73 4

Rushing Attempts - Net Yards - Avg Per Yard - TDs
MCP 36 - 94 - 2.6 - 1
Indy 14 - (-16) - (-1.1) - 0

Passing Completions - Attempted - INT - Net Yards - Avg Per Yard - TDs
MCP 3 - 12 - 3 - 31 - 10.3 - 1
Indy 8 - 25 - 4 - 89 - 11.1 - 1

Penalties
MCP 4 - 24
Indy 4 - 45

Punts
MCP 1 - 36
Indy 2 - 57

Interceptions - Total Yards - TDs
MCP 4 - 70 - 1
Indy 3 - 0 - 0

3rd Conversion % / 4th Conversions %
MCP 3/11 27.3% - 1/7 14.3%
Indy 1/9 11,1% - 0/4 0%

Sacks
MCP 2 for -24 yards
Indy 1 for -5 yards

Drives / Avg Start
MCP 12 - 31.3
Indy 12 - 28.8

Man, some people just can't stand to lose. Everybody always has excuses...It was too muddy, or they have our players....ahhh shut the hell up!! It's a game. End of story!! We play for fun, not multi-millon doller contracts. Fuel fan, take your lame excuses and start walking. If you feel that the pirates had some of your players at your practice, post their names up....oh yeah, I forgot... you were told at the game to point these people out, but hummmm, kinda funny how not one single person, nor one single name was told. Very Interesting!!!!

WHAT HAPPENED TO JUST PLAYING A GAME TO HAVING SOME FUN SOME OF YOU NEED TO FIND OUT WHY YOU EVEN WANT TO PLAY I KNOW IM NOT THE BEST PLAYER I COULD BE AND YEAH I EVEN KNOW I GET OUT OF HAND AT TIMES BUT I LOVE PLAYING FOOTBALL AND THIS IS WHAT I DO YEAH WE LOST OK BUT I WANT CRY ABOUT IT WE NEED TO MOVE ON WE ALL HAVE LOST A GAME OR TWO BUT YOU WELL SEE A BIG CHANGE IN OUR TEAM NEXT WEEK I WANT HIDE BEHIND A NICKNAME CAUSE I DONT HAVE TO DARRIN DOUTHIT FORMLY DRAGONS 29 NOW 29 OF THE STAMPEDE

Does it really matter? It was the first game of the season and there could have been a lot of nervous players who didnt get the feel of the game until it was too late. I would imagine that by the mid point in the season all the teams will rollin and ready to battle.

BY THE WAY THANK YOU TO ALL WHO CAME OUT TO SEE BOTH TEAMS PLAY WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO COME OUT AND SEE ANY PLAYER FROM ANY TEAM TO KEEP US ALL WANTING TO PLAY AND HAVEING FUN LOVE WHAT YOU DO MAN AND HAVE FUN DOING IT

Man look, enough of the ruckus... We all grown.. If you aint out there to have fun than why r u even out there.. Ill be the first one to take blame for our performance saturday.. I was the leftguard 79. Its been a minute since I suited up for a game but the webs are off now. Our line will be together next game, and we will get right. No excuses, we got a great backfield whos gonna be putting up some numbers this year. Doubt us if you want......

Da Rican

Why does he keep yelling? Haveing? LMAO!

after watching the first game i have to say if the stampede can get there offense going and lower the turnovers,it will help the defense out...they where on the field majority of the game..but the D look pretty impressive and i like the linebacker core..good luck this week stampede

I see both teams improving and looking forward to a rematch in a month.