supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
STAMPEDE'S D VS. BEARCATS' O

How do you think the Stampede's hard hitting Defense will hold up against the high scoring offense of the Bearcats

Re: STAMPEDE'S D VS. BEARCATS' O

They have a very smart defense and good core players at the Lb and Db spots. They descise their D very well although no offense to both teams but yet the stampede has only played a challenging game in which their O didnt show up against the Pirates and The Bearcats have not played a high caliber team. with that said i believe that the game will be very close and be a good one.

I have seen the Bearcats play but I have not seen the Stampede play. What I can tell you is that the Bearcats have a good Fullback and Tailback. The O line is O.K. Big but not real athletic. Their QB and their wideouts were below average. Not much threat of a passing game. The one thing that will continue to win them games is their special teams. This is a forgotten part of the game in Semi Pro football. This is one observers opinion !!!!

Football Fan:

I must respectfully disagree with your comments about our offensive line, receivers, and quarterback.

The question I must pose is how can a running back be successful without a good offensive line? And since we have not passed very much at all, can you really judge what kind of passing game we have?

I guess it depends on which game you saw and what you consider "average" to be. Personally, I will take our "big but not real athletic" offensive line and my "below average" guys at QB and wide receiver.

And hopefully we can change your opinion in the coming weeks.

The Stampede havent played a high caliper team either and yet they have a loss. Im going to say the Bearcats win.

I have also seen the Bearcats play and this team is for real. As far as you saying that their 'O' line is non athletic I don't believe that we saw the same game. They pushed the Riots around like they we little kids.

I also agree with the Bearcat47. They did not pass very much, so how can you rate them on that?

I do agree with you on their special teams. Not only will they score on a punt or kickoff return, but they also have a field goal kicker that seems to be golden. Lets just say a 40 yard field goal is nothing to frown about. The line gave him enough time to kick he could have tied his shoe before kicking.

What can I say, a first class team all the way. I am thinking Bearcats will win 35-6. I am giving them 6 to be nice.

gentleman.....i think the pirates would take offense to some of your comments. our defense is trump tight, but you wont find that out til saturday... 6 points.. i guess thats a start..we'll be ready, you can count on it...

Da Rican

I think it is time that the teams of the MFL and IFL who I see post on here respect the Evansville teams. The Bearcats are solid and will run the table in your league if the stay healthy. Yes we beat them, but they are very solid on both sides and play "Team" ball. Their organization is built for the long-term and will be a force in this area for many years to come.

Additionally, I find it funny how certain Southern Indiana Teams talk this and that on here, but when it comes time to work on filling some open dates against us or other teams, you don't return our calls and pick a game up against weaker competition. With $4 a gallon gas, I hope to see many of you in 2009!!!

I will give respect to one Evansville team and that was the Vipers. I seen them play several years ago and they were one of the top five semi pro teams I have ever seen play the game. I have not seen the Riot play but for Riot fan to say they believe the Bearcats are for real does not mean much to me since I have heard that they only have 15 players on a good day. I am not dissing anyone I was just giving an unbiased opinion of what I have seen the Bearcats do. As far as them running the table in the MFL I do not know. I have not seen many MFL teams play but I will tell you that I was basing my opinion of the Bearcats on what I have seen over a 10 year period of watching Semi pro. They very well may be able to run the table in the MFL. I wish them luck.

Don't underestimate the possibilities of 15 players. We did last week and almost lost the game. We won't be caught making that same mistake again.

I played for the Vipers...so did many of the players from both Evansville teams...so in a way you respect both teams then, right?

I played for the Vipers too, lol.

Let be real, The pirates have a strong D but almost all of the starter where dragons. They are all pirates now and i wish them the best of luck.
DE - LITTLE HOOTEN (BACK UP FOR DRAGONS)
DT - CORY (BACK UP FOR DRAGONS)
DT - JOEL (BACK UP FOR DRAGONS)
DE - gaddie ( PART TIME STARTER FOR DRAGONS)
LB - GOLBERG (BACK UP RB & LB FOR DRAGONS)
LB - TONY (STARTER FOR DRAGONS)
CB - DEVON (PART TIME STARTER)
CB - DEAONTE (BACK UP FOR DRAGONS)
SS - MARSHAL (STARTER FOR DRAGONS)

You guys need to get over the Dragons. They are dead and really didn't have a good team last year. They played a lot of under average teams and when they did play an average team they got their asses kicked

With all due respect to the teams I'm about to mention we did beat the Cutters twice (excellent team) and the Shamrock in the playoffs (damn sure no slouches there) not to mention the eventual three time IFL Champion Broncos who were also an excellent team so to say we played nothing but subpar teams is not just a slap in the face to the Dragons but also the Cutters, Shamrock, and the Broncos Not the mention the sheer idiocracy of that statement.

Dave Clawson

Hi. I've seen the Ohio River Bearcats play football and I see a solid, yet powerful band of brothers. This isn't just my opinion, but a fact in deed. I see this team being very long term. With them losing a game to the Tri-State Titans, I will say that it is a game I will watch any day. Like an Indianapolis vs. Patriots match. It was great!! If this team has "so-called" defensive masterminds, why have the Bearcats kept only 13 points so far from opposing teams and gained 84 total? You see my friend, the defense gets put in to do the job, make it short and sweet, and get off the field. Then they let the offense have fun also. So, a calibrated team= yes the bearcats are. Their offensive line is strong and very very strong at that. You must have watched the wrong game or something. Bearcats win. Evansville MORE CREDIT...

Neither team they played is very good or has a offence. Yet they both still scored.

the truth about the ohio river bearcats...
half back and the fullback were definitly good, they had huge holes to run through too. o-line looked big and good, but also you have to factor in that the riot came with only one true lineman, the other 4 they had did not show up to the game. so the or bearcats line did not have much challege. and the one lineman that did show up did not even play the second half because of cramping.
true they did not throw too much, but we could understand why. because they didnt have to. the riot brought their secondary and was good, but noone up front to stop the runs.
and as for their defense, well like i said the riot did not have a real offense of lineman either, so the bearcats just pushed their way into the backfield at will.

lol half the guys you named as the pirates D from the dragons were pirates and/or a chief first!!! left only because madison county pirates didnt field a team few few years ago...

The Riot had a home game and they only had one lineman show up. Time to find some new players.

Tell me about, I love this game with every thing I have, but when you see your own team not show up for a home game, (some even said they would be there and still didnt show up),its hard to compete in any game, against any team! we have some of the best speciality players in the league, but with out a line you cant use um. but thats semi-pro and we'll see what happens 2mor. good luck to eveyone and hope our line shows up.

bearcats won 8-6. Very great game. To any other teams, my hats off for the stampede. Very great defensive teams. This was nothing but a defensive game! Good job guys

The Pirates o-line was so dominating against the riot d-line tonight, that the d-tackles of the riot were trying to cut the offensive linemen of the Pirates. Now that is bad.

I have to agree it was a defensive battle across the board. My hats off to the Stampede. Thanks for a great game.

Thanks for the props to our defense, for those who do not know we have not been scored on in 10 quarters now, this game was won by and interception taken back for a td. All in all it was a great game all around.

I hope the powers that be up North start to realize that the Bearcats are for real!

Evansville Semi-Pro Football is as strong as ever!!!

although I am a bearcats fan I do have to say that we should have lost this game. Our O probably only had a total of 75 yards and their D was putting it on us. There O wasn't as bad as the score shows. they were in the red zone 4 times and came out with only one score. If it wasn't for a stupid decision by the Stampede's coach to go for it on 4th and goal instead of kicking a field goal we would have lost this game. To the future teams be prepared when playing the stampede.

I have to agree the offense didn't show up last night. We were never in sync. The O line didn't communicate as well as we have and the rest just wasn't clicking. Also I have to give credit where it's due the Stampede has one hell of a defense. Our only score was an interception ran back for a TD. Our offense was only able to tack on the two point conversion. Again you are right why they didn't kick it I still can't figure out. All that I can say is that this will be a great rematch in a few weeks.

As head Coach there are good plays and bad plays and you have to ride with the one you call. After missing a fg goal att. with a lot of new poeple on the o-line and the pressure that where coming with and a new holder I'll take the shot at the end zone, and if we don't it we should get the back with time on the clock. The play we run was open all night to the TE, and on this play the TE was again he had two step on the backer but the QB throw the ball way wide and outside just missing him in the end zone. Blieve you me I wanted this win just as bad as anyone and I will always take the L but my players will always take the W. I blieved that my QB could make a 4 yard pass to a open TE in the flat. It didn't happen and I get the L. I do take my hat off to the guy that played on the o-line this game thanks for hlep out you did a super job, and to Red for steppin in for cox at center you showed me something.

Bearcats Fan? I doubt that. Looks more like a Stampede player/fan who wants to be critical of his own coach but doesn't have the guts to state his name.

I agree with you also. It seems like somebody put bearcats fan to try and cut somebody at the knees and didn't come forth to be a man about it. bearcat fan was stating how the stampede could have done all of this even in the red zone but still they only scored once. Credit goes to the defense of the bearcats. Nobody is to blame, no quarterback.. I overlooked the stampede website and it clearly states that the coach kc puts his honest opinion on what his quarterback cannot do. That is kind of out there. Don't post stuff like this on the internet coach. It's only best you work with the player instead of making it public.

ON THE NEXT GAME IT'S GOING TO BE ALL ABOUT THE O THIS GAME. THE STAMPEDE R GOING TO KILL THE BEARCATS. DONT FORGET ABOUT THE STRONG PASSING GAME OF THE STAMPEDE IM TELLING U AS A PLAYER WATCH OUT, THERE PRETTY GOOD!!!!!

STAMPEDE 30 BEARCATS 14.