supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2nd Weekly Predictions

Getting a late start this week, with Supa beating me to the punch....but have to disagree with him on several calls this week, so let the debates begin

Cutters@Mustangs(IFL Co-game of the week)
Mustangs proved last week that they belong with the big boys in the IFL, taking the Warriors all the way down to the wire and coming out short at the end....I predicted the Mustangs upset, but came up a little short also. Unfortunately for the Mustangs they open the season with 2 very tough opponents. They will be very motivated this week to prove that they can put together 4 strong quarters of football, and not just one half, and avoid slipping to an early 0-2 record. This will be a dog fight and the Mustangs will find success in the air, but will find at the end they are just a little short on numbers for the second week in a row.
Cutters-28
Mustangs-20

Warriors @ Blazers(IFL Co-game of the Week)
This can be known as the backyard brawl! After the Warriors squeeked out a win last week in a game many predicted a blowout, they are out to prove they are for real...the Blazers have nothing to prove after dismantling the Crush on the road. Their are many players on both sides of the ball that share the same field during the Indoor season and all will be ready to prove their outside game is better. Also their is quite a bit of bad blood between the 2 teams with numerous players having played together in the past and competition in recruiting from the same player pool.....Have to agree with Supa on this one....Blazers prove to be an early threat to Cutters title run.
Blazers-35
Warriors-20

Generals @ Wranglers
Have we all forgotten the Wranglers loss to the lowly Jackson County Blackbears? Also they beat up on a depleated Ada Dark Knights...so what? Although the Wranglers have improved a great deal in the offseason, so have the Generals and the Wranglers are not yet prepared to play with the elite in the IFL, while the Generals are fighting to stay at the top. Gotta disagree with ya here Supa.
Generals-28
Wranglers-6

Bearcats@Stampede
Although the Stampede proved me wrong last week and showed that they have alot more offensive firepower than I gave them credit for, they do not have enough to knock off a very powerful Bearcats team that is running neck and neck with the Patriots. Bearcats will not be challenged in this one.
Bearcats-35
Stampede-13

Wolverines @ Cardinals
Cardinals are starting to come together while Wolverines are struggling. Cardinals running game will get going in this one and defense will pitch a shutout.
Cardinals-20
Wolverines-0

Patriots @ Wildcats
Neither team is the team they were at this time last year. Luckily for the Patriots, they had room to drop and still be tops in the league. If rumors are true that Patriots have gotten back their line, this one could get ugly. Also Patriots will be playing with a chip on their shoulder as all they continue to hear is how they are not the team they once were. Wildcats running game will have a rough time getting started against hard nosed Patriots D.
Patriots-42
Wildcats-13

Pirates @ Riot
Pirates are attempting to capture old Chief mojo and have been on the right path so far. Nothing will change this week as they travel to play old time rival(Rage, Warriors-Riot). They return to Anderson with a big win.
Pirates-28
Riot-13

Blitz @ Vikings
Gotta agree with Supa here, this will be a yawner if it is offense you are looking for. However, if you are looking for defense here is your game. Blitz do have the superior offense and will leave Miami County with a W.
Blitz-10
Vikings-0

Mid-Ohio Jets @ Steele Valley Hardhats
Agree with you on the outcome here, but not even close on the score Supa. What you failed to calculate Supa is that not only will the Jets be playing the Hardhats on the road, but also the white and black hats wearing the zebra stripes....last year it took last second heroics by Jets QB Abner to preserve the perfect regular season on the road in Youngstown. This year will be no different as the Hardhats are not the same team at home as on the road...and they played the Jets tough for 2 1/2 quarters in Columbus already this year. With the help of poor officiating this will be the last hurdle for the Jets to clear this year for perfect season.
Jets-28
Hardhats-22

Outlawz @ Warriors
Outlawz have just enough talent to push the Warriors for 4 quarters. There will be no rest for Henderson, Bott etc. on this day. The Outlawz have been the surprise team of the year especially considering they are from the Lima area and competing with the Warriors for recruits. Tamon Ivory, will put up some good stats against the Warriors tomorrow, but the Outlawz do not have enough of a passing game to pull off the upset.
Warriors-28
Outlawz-13

That's it for the week....

Re: 2nd Weekly Predictions

Yo man, Pirates are now in Pendleton just south east of Anderson.

WARRIORS will win this game...They have the best defensive playmakers in this league...Will be Cutters nemesis as Dragons were last year...

In the Known. Just to let you know the bearcats O couldn't even score on our D. Don't worry though the season is early you can jump on the band wagon anytime

Question for you....

If the picked up the 2 point conversion, did they not score upon your Defense?

I didnt know PAT points or yards counted against a D.

Chris cooke you write all about how evansville football is the truth and all this bs, you guys got lucky you know that. Like it has been stated before you guys haven't played anyone good until this last saturday and we see what team you really are go out and beat teams not together that does not make you good. Personally I think that you played like shit and you are not good period. Its redicilious how you write all these things on here like u just had a huge upset. Practice throwing the ball or making a tackle then you can come on here hardass.

Uh oh, here comes Supa with a bucket of water!

Interesting. The Bearcats are a first year team and we don't have any "former Bearcats". Also you might be interested to know that Cooke plays for the Titans, not the Bearcats.

And one can't help but think....is someone bitter?

It is funny how on Saturday night I played in a game for the Tri-State Titans. We won 48-0 so how could I be at two places at once? Face it, we are 6-1 and the Bearcats are 3-1, with their only loss to us. Our only loss is to the NEMO Cyclones, a top tier nationally ranked team. How are my posts such bs when all I am saying that Evansville Semi-Pro Football is strong and getting back to where it used to be on the field? I almost want to suit up for the Bearcats now when they play you all again in order to show you what I bring to the field!

I'm that was intended for the bearcats qb but if you feel like you have something to prove, suit up! our D will make you look as bad as the bearcats qb. TRUST ME

STAMPEDE hoe check...Whats your record? 1-2?You guys are on your way to a national championship...Your a first year team, haven't proved a lick, beat anyone.Win some games,shut your damn mouth,have fun and play ball.Darrin is the only cornerstone ur teams got so let him talk for ya.Holla if u get 500

And my comments were toward former Bearcat...

However, Stampede player, don't call down the thunder that you can't control. I am not your typical M.F.L. lineman. Plus, I bring friends. We three suit up and 1200lbs is added to the O-line just like that. I have gone up against better than anything you all could bring, so I am not worried. If we don't have a game on September 6th and my friends on the other side of town want us, you just may get wish!!!

fellas, whatever happen to guys just playing to have fun..man we all sound like ocho cinco(85) now. man just leave it on the field boys.. go back to h.s. if, you cant. as for us.. we aint got no excuses a loss is a loss...but I promise u we will be better than 500. it was an awesome game and look forward to 5 weeks or so from now fellas...

Da Rican

In defence of a team starting off rough....... Didnt the Crush have a slow start there first year and make it to a championship game? I believe it was a good championship game also, even though they came up short. One more thing, just because you have 3 guys weighing 1200 pounds dont mean they can block!