supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OffICIAL Prediction Thread for 08/02 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Good Morning, SupaNation. Join me, won't you, in the church of SupaFanology as we convene once more at the altar of prediction. It's August in the Midwest and that means stifling humidity, stifling defenses and post-season races becoming clearer. Last week was a tough one for uncle Supa, who forgot the most important rule of prediction: do not generalize from a small sample. This week will bring more data for analysis and provide an opportunity for redemption. Oh yeah- there's some good football to be played as well. I will strive to be succinct this week as both the occasion and my available time demand it.

Miami Valley Warriors @ Classic City Crush

A game between two teams with very different personalities. The lunchbox-toting Crush are a few athletes short of the title team they once fielded. The Warriors are in the IFL title mix this season, and will bring a confident team up to the Classic City.

Warriors 23
Crush 6

Hardin County Wolverines @ Columbus Fire

It ain't easy being the Wolverines. A team with so much talent and experience finds a hard time getting worthy opponents to get them ready for the post-season. This season will be much tougher in that respect than the several previous and the trip to Columbus is the first of several important tests that the Wolverines will be expect to pass- and they will.

Wolverines 24
Fire 13

Indiana Generals @ The Elkhart Shamrock

The Generals have certainly earned some respect after a convincing win over the WOW, but the key to sustained success is to win when everyone expects you to. The Rock provide a perfect opportunity for a let-down as the long trip, oppressive heat, and very quick Shamrock team is no joke. This is not the Rock of 07, though, and youth and inexperience will hurt the hosts.

Generals 18
Shamrock 8

West Central Wildcats @ Ohio River Bearcats

The Bearcats offense went into hibernation last week, but the tough nosed defense showed up ready to rock. The Bearcats are still my favorite to meet up with the Pats for all the marbles, but there is a lot of football yet to be played. The Wildcats are a talented (if small) team, but the weak offense and long trip (highway 41, baby) will mean the Bearcat defense will outscore the Wildcat offense.

Bearcats 38
Wildcats 0

Indiana Cardinals @ Madison Co Pirates

The Pirates are the cardiac kids- guys who know how to close the deal when the game is on the line. Though the brothers Hill are no longer at the help of the ship, the team has taken on an attitude reminiscent of those Chiefs teams of old. The Cardinals come to town having underperformed (yes, even last week), and have been dependent on turnovers and special teams to score. Opportunities will be few in either category this weekend, but the Pirates will win ANOTHER squeaker.

Pirates 18
Cardinals 17

Randolph County Riot @ Indy Stampede

With malice toward none, it is incumbent upon me to point out that the Riot and ECW would -if combined- be a pretty good team. Granted, Hartford City and Winchester are not exactly next door- but these teams need each other. Separated, I am afraid that both teams wills suffer a tough season in spite of strong management. The Stampede are indeed the defensive buzzsaw that many had predicted. The Stampede defense will outscore the Riot offense. Long day.

Stampede 27
Riot 0

Adams County Patriots @ Miami County Blitz

What a great game this will be! If only the Blitz could get an offense going- this one would truly be a toss-up. The problem is that the Patriots will keep the Blitz offense from accomplishing anything at all, and while the Blitz defense is damned good, they are not good enough to do the same to the Pats offense. The Pats will take nothing for granted in this one and play well.

Patriots 18
Blitz 0

Chicago Thunder @ Midstate Steel

The Thunder are back for another title run and the crushing opening round win over the Titans proved that 2008 can well be the year of the Thunder again. The trip down to the Steel will challenge many assumptions, including the prowess of the Thunder running game- but they will head back north with the win.

Thunder 24
Steel 6

Indiana Titans @ Lake County Steelers

These two teams appear at first glance to be heading in opposite directions, though in a similar place currently. The Titans suffered a dissapointing loss to open the season and the Steelers did the same. The thing is that the Steelers look better (thus far) than the 2007 installment, and the Titans (thus far) look weaker than last year's team. Under those circumstances, one has to give the nod to the hosts.

Steelers 26
Titans 15

Derby City Thunder @ Mid Ohio Jets

The Thunder are not at all a bad team, and would in fact be competitive in other leagues. Their problem, of course, is that they lack a consistent offense and any big play threat. A team with that particular problem is not well suited to play the MOJ, fresh off an inspired defensive performance out in Youngstown. The Jets take seriously their quest to win it all, and the running game will get its groove back in this one. A rough repeat of the June 21st tilt.

Jets 41
Thunder 0

West Ohio Wranglers @ Southwest Ohio Blazers

What one would expect the WOW to do at home against an emerging team, one cannot expect them to do on the road against a league favorite. These are not the Southern Ohio Patriots, ladies and gentlemen- these are the Blazers. I was sure that this was the year the WOW got over the hump, but the road ahead looks downright frightening for Spencer and Brandon and the boys.

Blazers 41
Wranglers 6

Lima Warriors @ Mt. Carmel Fire

It's not particularly useful to anyone for me to waste print or analysis on this one. A good opportunity for the Warriors third string to get some reps on the road. Bigger things later down the line.

Warriors 54
Fire 0

Miami County Vikings @ East Central Wolverines

Meaning no disrespect to either club- each of whom are well run by serious and hardworking management- this game is a pillow fight if ever there was one. A total of SIX points have been scored by both offenses in 5 games, and the defenses have given up nearly 200 points over that same span. Neither team is where they had hoped to be during early spring meetings, and the the prospects of a loaded MFL leave both of them in deep trouble. The good news is that both teams get to play a relatively close game for 4 quarters and get the opportunity for a much needed W. Though on the road, the Vikings have the better defense and more experience- so they get the nod. Tougher days ahead for both squads.

Vikings 12
Wolverines 0

St. Louis (MO) Bulldogs @ Indiana Warriors

The Warriors play host to the Bulldogs who have both a deeper bench and much more speed than do the Warriors. The heat will not be kind, either, to the hosts, who have tried to rely on "playing big". This game is a pivotal moment for the young Warriors, and one wonders how the team will respond to another tough loss- especially at home. If the young team rises to the challenge presented by the shellacking they receive, it may pay dividends over the long haul.

Bulldogs 34
Warriors 8

A public service announcement to all players reading us this week: consider your decision to "retire" very carefully. Coming back after your team has moved on can be complicated for everyone. I think maybe Mr. Favre took his cue from a couple members of the SupaNation who have have been in and out of the game more times than any of us can count. When you make a decision, don't make it lightly and stick with it. Just like playing hard and talking with your pads and not your mouth- it will make your momma proud.

Re: OffICIAL Prediction Thread for 08/02 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

no cutters analysis?

Re: OffICIAL Prediction Thread for 08/02 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

wow... im jus sayin the crush's offense is a lot better than 2 fieldgoals... look for a good hard fought game...

good luck and GOD bless to all

I agree with goose where is the Cutter-Cougar game are you not going to do a pick on it????

Thanks for your interest, gang, but the details of the game were not posted here before last night. I'm sorry if I did not make it clear- but I will make calls only for games that folks post here. Just make sure you get that info here and I will be happy to call the game next week.

Good luck to all the teams playing this weekend and let's keep this thread limited to game scores and details.

I SEE SUPA YOU HAVE NO LOVE FOR THE TITANS BUT WE LIKE BEING THE UNDERDOG

Word on the street is that the Stampede's D just got better with a player finally able to play..

Wow, no love at all for the Green Machine. I did not know that youth could hurt a team and make them bad, but I guess that would explain why all of those football teams based out of nursing homes win so much :|.

Tonight's game between the Ohio River Bearcats and the West Central Wildcats has been cancelled.

Not sure of the details, but the word is that the Wildcats will not be making the trip to Evansville.

Racine Threat vs Leyden Lions???
Woulda thought you had something on this game.

Stampede 47
Riot 0

great job Team!!
Defense not scored on in 14 quarters

We would officially like to thank the Miami County Vikings(OH) for coming down and playing one hell of a good clean game.

The score at the end was small but both teams played their hardest.

EC Wolverines 7
MC Vikings(OH) 2

Cant wait to see you guys again!

Generals 42 (I think), Shamrocks 7.

Warriors 47
Crush 7

Hit The Gym Sucka, Frazier 72 ( Warriors )

Cardinals @ Pirates
Cardinals 14 Pirates 11

Stats and summary tomorrow.

Patriots 22
Blitz 17

Blitz, great game...see you in a few weeks.

TITANS 24 STEELERS 21

blazers 36
wranglers 6

i want to wish the wranglers the best of luck the rest of the season. you guys brought it on every down.

Lima Warriors 56
Mt. Carmel Fire 0

Warriors lock up a first round bye in the upcoming USFA playoffs.

Andrew Cleckley 5 yard touchdown run, EP run no good, Warriors 6, Fire 0. 14:55 left in second.

Kaene Runion 4 yd. td pass to Bobby Huttis, Drew Cleckley 2pt conversion. Warriors 14-0 11:13 left in 2nd.

James Davenport falls on backwards pass in endzone. Brent Ridenhour EP good. Warriors 21-0. 7:37 left in the 2nd.

Jeremy Harnishfeger 11 yd. td run, Ridenhour EP good. 28-0
Warriors. Halftime.

Justin Henderson 14 yds. to Jeremy Bott, Ridenhour EP good 35-0 Warriors, 9:40 left in third.

Justin Henderson 24 yds. to Joe Butcher, Ridenhour EP good 42-0 Warriors, 12:41 left in game.

Troy Williamson 4 yd td run, Ridenhour EP good 49-0 Warriors, 9:04 left in game.

Jeremy Harnishfeger 51 yard td run, Ridenhour EP good 56-0 Warriors, 2 min warning.

56-0 Final. Bobby Huttis 3 interceptions, defensive POG. Jeremy Harnishfeger 4 carries, 65 yards, 2 touchdowns.

titans 24 steelers 21 the steelers where up 21 to 16 going in to 4th qt. 3.5 left we got fumble recovery took in to score then ran in a 2 pt. converion 2 mins left steelers driving down pass intercept titans win a great game.

St Louis Bulldogs 6
Indiana Warriors 0

Chicago Thunder 51
Midstate Steel 6 **Steel score with no time left on the clock at the end of regulation

Leyden Lions 21
Racine Threat 14

Generals 42

Shamrock 7

Jets 41
Derby City Thunder 6

Derby City Thunder brought a fiasty & Blitz happy team to Columbus, Ohio. They have a good group of guys that play hard on every play.

Jets was led by QB John Abner 17/30 270yards, 3Tds and a running game that ran for 138 yards on 15 carries on the ground.

As promised, just a little late, a few stats from the Cardinals @ Pirates Game

MCP 0 / 3 / 0 / 8 = 11
CARDS 0 / 8 / 0 / 6 = 14

Yards
MCP 62 Rushing 81 Passing 8 First Downs 143 Yards
CARDS 24 Rushing 152 Passing 14 First Downs 176 Yards

Passing
MCP 6 of 15 1 INT
CARDS 11 of 20 1 INT 2 TDS

Rushing
MCP 27 attempts 1TD
CARDS 27 Attempts