supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whats the rule in the IFL about having guys under NFL contracts playing for their team?

I was just wondering if there is any rules against having ppl that are under NFL contracts playing semi-pro ball? I can understand if you are a free agent looking for you next break and this is the way that you are staying in shape, but to possibly be lending your services to a semi-pro team while taking great risk with you own career seems a bit odd.
I head a rumor that the SWOB have a guy on the team who just so happens to be an active member on an NFL roster. Im not sure if its true or not so I would just like to know, is this true?

Re: Whats the rule in the IFL about having guys under NFL contracts playing for their team?

allow me to clear this up to you "concerned viewer" we do not have anyone on our team that is affiliated with an NFL organization.

with that said this should be the end of this topic.

thanks

Re: Whats the rule in the IFL about having guys under NFL contracts playing for their team?

Yes we do, & we also get players that get cut by the Chicago Bears and others

Like i said, it was a rumor that a coner back that plays for the bears is playing for you guys, i was just wondering if it was true and or if it was possible. I think you guys have a great team and believe me you are not the only team that has that rumor floating around, but you were the only team where the players name was given. I mean no harm i was just trying to get clarification thats all

man that would be some drive! lol

what is the persons name?

Personally I very highly doubt that anyone who is on an ACTIVE NFL roster would be playing at the semi pro level for several reasons, not the least of which, is that if anything were to happen, they could lose their contract. Most NFL contracts are written that any player who participates in any activity that could jeopardize their ability to play with their team can face disciplinary action up to and including termination of their contract. These guys aren't even supposed to be playing pick-up games in their back yard with their families.
Second, why would any of them want to take that step down to play and risk their career and their ability to make a living. They don't have anything to prove, especially if they are under contract with an NFL team. I know of several that have played after their NFL career or guys that make it to an NFL camp, but aren't quite good enough to get signed to a contract.
But really, it just doesn't make any sense for a player at that level to risk by playing with a team at this level, no matter how good the player, or the team might be.

Wow somebody came out and said it huh? I heard that Leslie Majors was playing for the Blazers, but when I heard it I was like thats fine cuz he isnt under contract, but then being the IU guy that I am, I went and checked it out and he is on the Bears active roster. It still doesnt faze me at all cuz i just love to play ball no matter who its against. I like Les personally, hell played ball with him a few times in the SRSC...i remember when he was a freshman at IU....I was playing ball wit the FireBirds and i was watchin IU play and i was like damn this dude has mad speed....i mean 4.28, thats blazin son.....but either way, if he is playing it would be good to see him on the field, if not then its just a rumor that will die off like all the other rumors

when i hear about teams that have D-1 players on their team or players that have been in the afl or has tried out at a nfl minicamp before, it pumps me up to play against that. i love competition and i like to play against the best i can, for one to test my skills, and because coming from a small town in west virginia where nobody got recruited and my parents were ignorant to the college system, i never really got to find out how good i am. and when you get to play against the caliber of guys that have been successful, it lets you know about where your talent level is. so if this rumor just so happened to be true, i say rock on blazers, and i can't wait to play ya.