supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 08/09 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Morning, Gang. No time for much analysis this week from this cramped airport lobby- so I will give it to you straight. I'm looking forward to being home soon and reading ALL the scores and details, so please please PLEASE: Get me some scores and details and save the rest. Let's get to it, SupaNation!

Indianapolis Tornados @ Indiana Warriors

To be honest, I am straight rooting for the Warriors, but am afraid I will be disappointed with a heartbreaking loss.

Tornadoes 24
Warriors 18

Elkhart Shamrock @ Mercer County Cougars

Neither team looks to be what I expected with youth on one side and a short bench on the other- home team squeaks by.

Cougars 18
Shamrock 16

KC Mustangs @ CC Crush

I get the point already- the Mustangs cannot be underestimated, and so I won't make that mistake this week.

Mustangs 26
Crush 11

West Ohio Wranglers @ Indiana Cutters

These are not the Cutters that travelled light up north, so Spencer should be sure to pack extra ice and aspirin.

Cutters 31
Wranglers 6

SW Ohio Blazers @ Indiana Generals

Should be fantastic game till the Blazers get separation late with big turnovers.

Blazers 26
Generals 12

Ohio River Bearcats @ Madison Co Pirates

Easily the best offense the Pirates have seen, and a playoff preview- but the Pirates will lose this close game as their luck again runs out.

Bearcats 20
Pirates 16

Indiana Titans @ Kanakee Plowmen

The Titans are better than I thought, but so are the newbie Plowmen, so the win goes to the hosts.

Plowmen 22
Titans 8

NEMO Cyclones @ Tri-State Titans

Big game for both teams and a big surprise outcome to everyone but mister Cooke and the hosts.

Titans 28
Cyclones 24

East Central Wolverines @ Adams County Patriots

ECW is still alive and breathing, but may not be after a visit to the defensively tenacious Pats.

Patriots 31
Wolverines 0

Mid Ohio Jets @ Ohio Storm

These Jets don't have Brett Favre, but they will look like it on Saturday by putting up big numbers.

Jets 38
Storm 8

Michigan Admirals @ Lima Warriors

It's gonna take more than the mediocre Admirals to slow the Warriors march to the USFA title.

Warriors 44
Admirals 12

Indiana Mustangs @ Hardin County Wolverines

After last week, the Mustangs know that the Wolverines are mortal, but there is the small issue of the HCW being a better team.

Wolverines 31
Mustangs 11

Indiana Cardinals @ Miami County Vikings

The hosts will bring focus and dedication to every snap, but they will not be able to bring home the victory over a more talented opponent.

Cardinals 34
Vikings 0

Miami County Blitz @ Randolph County Riot

The Blitz last week proved themselves to be title contenders, while the Riot have proven to be less a contender than almost any of us had imagined- same deal this week.

Blitz 26
Riot 0

Chicago Thunder @ Northern Illinois Cowboys

The mediocre Cowboy offense will run into the super stingy Thunder D, and will have fits that will immobilize the rest of their game.

Thunder 20
Cowboys 0

Indiana Stampede @ West Central Wildcats

The guests will bring one of the MFL's best (and certainly the most bragged about) defenses to Brazil and get a big win on turnovers.

Stampede 26
Wildcats 0

It's time to get on the plane soon- so make sure you do your jobs and make your mommas proud- I've done my part. And please keep this thread free of crap other than scores and details.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 08/09 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

MUSTANGS-26
CRUSH-0

Both teams had guys missing this week, so we'll have to see what happens towards the end of the season when we meet again! Good luck and good game Crush

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 08/09 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

blitz 28 Riot 6

Good job both teams I know the score doesnt show it but the riot play 10 times better than last week.

MUZTANGZ-29 CRUZH-0, GET DAT CHIT RYTE #2 HILE!!!! LOL

AC Patriots 52
EC Wolverines 7

These guys have great numbers for a first year team and play hard start to finish.

Hey "Blitz", just an fyi, the riot ownership have announced that #69 has been kicked off the team for his actions and is on a permanent ineligible player list in the MFL. Don't know details of the situation, but I hope that brings some peace of mind.

Stampede 21
Wildcats 6

6-0 Stampede at the half, Wildcats came within 2, 8-6 in third qtr.before Wildcats turnovers gave Stampede good position and scores. Great game,

Lima Warriors 58
Mich. Admirals 0

Cougars 34

Shamrock 12

Mitchell Frantz
Shamrock #3

(6-2) Tri-State Titans 12 MOFL

#1 (8-0) NEMO Cyclones 14 GMFL

If you were to change two plays, the Titans would have won. Either way it was a good test and both teams had equal numbers upon their sidelines. Both Titans losses are to NEMO. I can live with that since the last time we played them it was 37-0.

INDIANA TITANS 56 PLOWMEN 48 IN A SHOOT OUT GAME

SWO Blazers 28
Indiana Generals 7

Bearcats 14
Pirates 13

Cutters 28
Wranglers 0
I'll have more info on the game later on.

Here is the story from the local Bloomington paper this morning. The night was a fun night by any means. I want to thank the Wranglers for making the long drive over to Bloomington and giving a 110% effort. Good luck to you the rest of the season and I hope your QB is doing fine.

From www.hoosiertimes.com
ELLETSVILLE — There is hardly anything ordinary about semi-pro football, but Saturday night’s contest at Edgewood High School was unusual even on that scale.

It started with replacement officials borrowed from a local high school scrimmage and ended at halftime because of a player shortage.

But the result was a familiar one for the Indiana Cutters, who pieced together a sloppily-played 28-0 Interstate Football League win over the West Ohio Wranglers heading into next weekend’s showdown with the other league favorite.

The Cutters (3-1, 2-1) overcame 11 penalties for 89 yards to post their second straight shutout as the defense recorded two sacks and a fumble return for a touchdown.

“We were not very good on special teams and we self-destructed on offense with penalties,” Cutters coach Brent Slinkard said. “The defense is what’s holding the team together. It’s a good thing and a bad thing.”

On offense, the passing game sputtered with several dropped passes by wide-open receivers, but former Martinsville standout Israel Thompson churned out 109 yards on just six carries and former Notre Dame star Lee Becton and Bobby Burton each dashed for scores.

“It was bad from the start,” Thompson said. “We didn’t play well at all, not up to out potential. I think it was the sitting down and warming up. I think it got to a lot of players. There were just way too many distractions.”

The night started with the league’s assigned officials nowhere to be found, so Cutters’ president Jim Allen dashed down Ind. 46 to Bloomington North where the Cougars were part way through their intrasquad scrimmage. North head coach and boys’ athletic director Scott Bless surrendered his officiating crew to Allen and the Cutters.

“I want to thank Scott Bless and his staff at North,” Allen said. “They let me take his crew immediately. I’m grateful to them because they didn’t have to do it.”

Once under way, it took just two plays for the Cutters to score when West Ohio running back Shawn Craft was held up at the line of scrimmage and stripped. David Eason pounced on the loose ball and scampered in from 37 yards out.

The Wranglers (0-3) had a tough time getting their act together, as three penalties on their ensuing possession shoved them back to their own 2 before Cutters safety Isaiah Cousins picked off a pass at the 20. But all the Cutters got from that was a missed 37-yard field goal attempt.

Another defensive stop paid off as the Cutters chewed up 57 yards on the ground by Thompson and the final 14 by Becton on a jet sweep to make it 14-0 with 15 seconds left in the first quarter.

Another short field led to a 12-yard TD pass from Aaron White to former Indiana standout Jahkeen Gilmore early in the second quarter and the Cutters capped the scoring on Burton’s 12-yard TD run with 8:11 left in the half.

But with just under seven minutes remaining, West Ohio quarterback Brian Sullivan was tackled on the sidelines and suffered an apparent back injury. It took 20 minutes before he rose to his feet and walked off, headed to Bloomington Hospital to be checked out.

With no real backup, the Wranglers asked to end the game at halftime. But they actually put together a drive, when emergency QB Brandon Meyer’s prayer was answered for a 23-yard pickup and their first, first down and the first-team Cutters D came back with the league’s tie-breaking scoring differntial in mind.

West Ohio faced third and 13 after a fumbled snap, but a roughing the passer flag, gave them first and goal at the 10. The Wranglers got down to the 3 with 32 seconds left, but after penalties on each side, not until Thomas Brasher knocked down a pass in the end zone did the bizarre outing end.

And bizarre is not what the Cutters are expecting on the road from the talented Southwest Ohio Blazers.

Stampede 27 wildcats 6
Hughes 3 TDs from 34,8,42 yards out
Summers 1 TD from 47 yards out
Kennedy 2pts tackle in the end zone
Whitaker 1pt on a pat

Wildcats
RB 1 TD 60 yards out (Running over people and down the sideline)

Hey Rindone 51.... This is Coach KC Just wanted to let you know that there was a score not posted on the score board last night. Our RB Monie Hughes had three TDs by our stat guy. We have him down for three rushing TDs, and none of the TDs scored in our game where called back. We scored two times on the south end zone by ground and by air. On the other side of the field going into the north end zone we scored by ground both by Hughes. I did not have a number to call you guys last night to let you know what had happen. I did ask why the score was not on the board they didn't say anything, they being the officels. If your tape shows that he didn't score three TDs call me at 317-221-8309 monday anytime 7:15am to 8:00pm and I will fix it. Monie states at the end of the game, he wanted to get his foruth TD in the game.

Thank you for a hell of a game. You guys played hard see ya soon coach KC

i have to give it up to the cutters, best team ive seen play in the ifl hands down. speed,power,size. even tho we was (wranglers) undermaned again (-16 starters) they brought it. i cant wait till next year when im healthy n the wranglers bring a full squad, theses guys got talent i cant wait. good luck cutters

Thank you Sullivan for the kind comments.
Can you tell me how your QB is doing????

Mid Ohio Jets 36
Ohio Storm 0

Jets rush for 201 yards, back up Marlon Hicks led the team with 5 carries, 91 yards, and three touchdowns.

Jets passed for 218 yards, behind the arm of Qb John Abner.

Jets Defense recorded 4 sacks, 2 Ints,

Jets head into Round 1 of the MOFL playoffs to take on the Trumbull County Panthers.

Stallions of Country Club Hills 7
Capitol City Wardogs 0

A wet sloppy game. But clean and hard fought.

Check out the AFL website. New League, New Opportunities! http://www.alliancefootballleague.org/

Hey Rindone51......That third TD by Monie didn't get marked out by the stat guys. I am deeply sorry for the miss understanding on my part about the score.
Stampede 21 Wildcats 6
Again good game KC

Indiana Tornados - 31
Indiana Warriors - 6

This Game could have very easily been 50-0

Tornados played without its starting QB,and it showed. Warriors went through what seemed about 3 of them. Tornados defense has to be the biggest and fastest Semi-Pro defense (ive) ever seen.

I think if one of the these teams fold and joined forces that theres not a team in America in the (Semi-Pro) World world that could beat them. Because the warriors do have a (FEW) players that can play ball.

Scores from the MSFL.......

Indiana Titans 56----Kanakee Plowmen 48

Racine Threat 35-----Mid-State Steel 7

Leyden Lions 46------Bolingbrook Buccaneers 0

Chicago Thunder 47---Northern Illinois Cowboys 0

(Chicago Thunder are now 4-0 on the year with 186-6 Scoring Differential)

KC,

Thanks for the clarifcation.

See you in Indy.