supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cutters game

I am a huge Blazers fan and i am highly pissed off about the game that was suppose to happen this weekend. Well it is clear that the IFL does not want the Blazers to win their league because, all of the BULLSHIT calls that have been getting. The only reason the Cutters wont agree to play the Blazers this Saturday is because they know they will get their ass kicked!!! Everyone knows that is the truth. The only way they can get a win against us is to cowardly take a cheap win; that they dont deserve. If you guys think you can play football....think again!

Re: cutters game

why are you ranting when a post was made that the cutters offered to host the game? Why are you ranting about "calls" when your winning games? why are you ranting about the IFL? If you are a fan as you say you are, I dont believe you could be more upset about this game not happening more than the cutter/blazer players are. It's for matchups like this, why players play. I'm sure it heart break for them.

As the owner of the team we both wanted this game to happen. its unfortunate that we got bumped from our field and could only do a 1pm game.

myself along with a few other members of the team tried like heck to get a field that was nice and didnt cost a fortune. due to short notice none of the high schools were able to help out because they could not get a school board member to be at the game.

as was stated before the cutters could not make a 1pm game due to transportation and they would be missing around 22 players.

i understand that, i wouldnt want to come to a game short handed either. as for us coming there we had several players who had planned to have a home game thus had their work schedules planned accordling. we would have came there short handed as well.

honestly its not a big deal, yea this game had alot of build up as you can imagine. you have two teams with ample amount of talent battling on the football field, what more could you want.

its tough im not going to lie but this is football and we play because we like the game, win or lose.

let me apologize now as i know there will be people who are going to run their mouths and try to get things stirred up. please dont read to much into this the situation really isnt something to trash another team about on a message board.

if all goes well hopefully we will see the cutters in the playoffs.

The cutters are getting a win because they cant come earlier???? Thats messed up. Its still on saturday, the day scheduled, so let the cutters take the L.

i totally agree. why should we take the lose that is bull crap!!!!

Dont the Cutters have like 80 guys? Whats the big deal with losing 22 of 80?

thank you!! somebody gets it. i also heard that we had a field ready for the game @ 5 on saturday. but they said no. that is only 2 hours before the orginal game time.

How is it that 3 teams folded and left a lot of open dates in the season but there isnt a make up date for any games???? I have to agree with the other guys, if they have a field for 2 hours earlier and you cant make it, then you should have to take the forfiet. Congrats on your win Cutters.

Look its unfortunate that anyone has to take and "L" without playing. Last year we almost took one just because the refs didnt show up, even though it wasnt our fault. If it were the other way around and we lost our field for the day and the Blazers could not make it at 1pm then that is the way it would be. As a Cutter this is not what we wanted. We play this game to play the best not to take cheap "W". We tried to make this game happen and unfortunately it wasnt possible...its that simple....

i really think they should call it a no decision. neither team should win or lose. We had a field ready to go at 5pm saturday and that wasnt going to happen. I just dont think it is fair that they get a win for nothing.

The Blazers and the Cutters would have been a very interesting game. Its a shame how it went down. The Blazers also had God knows how many home games in a row. This one has been on the schedule for God knows how long. Sounds like a Blazer problem more than a Cutters problem doesn't it.

So, the game was scheduled for 7:00 PM, the Blazers rescheduled it for 5:00 PM and they said they couldn't make it? Sounds like somebody didn't want to play you guys to me! Can someone from the Cutters explain to everybody why the two hour difference is preventing you from travelling to play the game?

Didn't the owner/coach/QB just say the only time they had was at 1p.m. in his post above? Where is the 5p.m. coming from?

Guys, shit happens...it is unfortunate they won't be able to play, but the rules are set up to handle things like this. That's why we set a schedule (or 3...) a couple months ago.

Goodluck to all who play this week...I'm looking forward to getting back on the field after a couple weeks off...gotta love wedding receptions with OPEN BARS!

Crush #73

they could only get the field at 1pm on sunday. if they were able to get it at 5pm on sat the game would have happened. stop worrying eveyone. if this game is as big as it should be and these two teams are as good as everyone says then they will play in the playoffs. its over and final. so let it go

that is not true about they only time we had a field was at 1pm. we got one for 5pm on saturday and they still said no

Alright lets put this to bed. The situation is this at 1:56pm I recieved an e-mail from Dustin saying that since we couldn't play at 1 and they couldn't make the trip over here the game was being called off. What many people do not know is that this has been a top priority for both teams to get worked out for over two weeks now. There are league rules in place that cover this sort of schedule nightmare and that is how this was done. Getting on here and talking about things is not going to change anything at all and neither are the comments saying the game was set for 5 as I said at 1:56pm yesterday there was no other option available and thus the game was cancelled. Lets just all move on now and not keep this going it does nothing for either team to have this debate going on this message board. Each team has a primary contact and a secondary contact and I can assure everything that could have been done was done to ensure this game took place. By using this board to put your personal feelings out just makes everyone involved look bad and it doesn't make for a very good league image either. Have some respect for your team and your teams league. This doesn't end the season it is only a bump in the road and this is going going to determine the league championship it is just one game.

I will back the comments by the Blazers and Cutters on this. I have been copied on much of the information being passed back and forth, and even offered suggestions. This has been worked on for about two weeks now. It's not like they just threw their hands up immediately and said, "we can't do it". This is no indication that the two teams have weak or lazy management. They did work at this.

So, let's move on. Complaining on a message board won't get the game played tomorrow.

two weeks!?!?!?!? and still no better solution?
I can see where both sides come from, but my opinion is that the cutters arent ready to beat the blazers and they know it, so they take this opportunity to to delay!! hmmm

This is so ridiculous. Pissed of fan and all of the other blazer fans, I suggest you get the facts straight before you go trying to place blame on a team who has done everything possible to get this game going. For the past several weeks the cutters received info that the blazers lost their field and the cutters organization has been communicating almost daily since then to make sure that the blazers had a field for this game. The blazers kept reassuring the cutters that they would have a field for Saturday at 5 o’clock. This did not happen no matter what anybody tries to get on here and say! Their organization informed the cutters yesterday (2 days before the game) that they could not get a field on Saturday. Luckily the cutters planned ahead just in case this would happen. They arranged to have a field available just in case the blazers could not. Which by IFL rules is what is suppose to happen. When the invitation was sent for them to come play over here since they could not get a field for Saturday, they had no interest in making the trip. So all this talk about the Cutters not wanting to play your beloved team is ridiculous They were willing to reserve a field on the south side of Indy (45 minutes away from their usual home field) in order to knock heads with the blazers. If your blazers wanted to play so bad how come they turned down this offer? Probably the same reason the cutters couldn’t make a trip there on Sunday, transportation can not be arranged on such short notice. Get your facts straight before you go running your mouth! Bottom line, since the blazers did not secure a field for Saturday at 7 or 5 o’clock they were given the choice to come to Martinsville, IN. and play or forfeit. THEY (not the cutters) chose to forfeit…. Done and over with. I do have to say this is leading into a very exciting playoff match. I am sure since both teams are very good; they will see each other then. I will go to this game no matter where it is.

The Cutters were ready and will be ready!!

So is there a make up date for the game or what? You should have a open date with 3 teams folding this year. Although if you knew for two weeks it was a problem, you would think with that the Cutters could make a few changes to get there. After all that is a lot of time. Never thought the IFL would be in this situation.

the cutters have asked to have a mandatory bye week before the playoffs start so we could play the blazers. that request was turned down by the league. theres not a single player or coach in the cutter organization that did not want this game to happen. im sure the blazers feel the exact same way. hopefully this game will happen but we still have a schedule to play and 4 very tough teams still to go up against. dont make it sound like we can beat the crush, generals, warriors and shamrock. all 4 teams are just as good if not better teams and cannot be overlooked.

The whole situation stinks - but it is obvious that there was a lot of effort on both parts to make it work. Hey, these things happen (just hopefully not too often) - and I'm sure that ALL of the players, management, etc... are disappointed in the initial outcome. But, it's a long season and anything can happen!

Good luck to all of the teams this weekend (except the Shamrock! )

Whoa! Where I am?

(Arrow Up) Dyslexia.

It may not be possible for either team, but you could try to make it up labor day weekend. At least try to schedule so these people will give it a rest.

The IFL has by-laws for these situations. To put it into context, With teams folding before the season began...this obviously opened up dates. These dates were to be filled by the teams choice of whether to play a game or consider it a bye-week. Scheduling, field, ect..is to be handled by the team not the IFL. The President of the league did not make this ruling, the Management of the teams as a league made this descision....Hence cutters/blazers. So all this hogwash about screw the IFL for not having a make-up week is B.S. whether your a cutter or a blazer or a fan or michael Phelps letting your chains hang low. Of course the Blazers are going to be upset because A. the game is not taking place, B. they will recieve a loss for it. Truth be told, BOTH teams did do everything they could to pack up and get this game played. BOTH teams also backed out from having this game played for various reasons, mainly because of personel. USE THIS AS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE FOR YOUR TEAMS! Shit happens, ALWAYS have a back-up plan and ALWAYS be prepared for the worst. This is a stalemate because BOTH teams could have made a move to play this game, one is not better than the other in this situation. I do have to give the Cutters credit for having a back-up plan and finding a field and doing work to get the game played as the (visiting) team. That cannot be denied. As for the Blazers, I would hope a plan be in placed in case this arises again. Also, it will do no good in distancing yourselves from the league with an attitude of getting "blackballed". Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. Again, this should not be of fault to the league. Each team has a seat including the two teams involved in this. goodnight and don't let the TATER-RADE bugs bite.

Thanks for the info. Now everyone know from a no name person how the league is run.

Okay, 2 years ago the Broncos had to take an L when we were scheduled to play the Wranglers because the field we had for the season was booked due to a high school game being cancelled and started the following day because of the bad weather on the friday night. We tried to get another field to play on and couldn't do it. We asked to play on Sunday, which was a far stretch for both teams, and in the end we took the L due to the league rules. Did it matter that we had the L; NO becasue we won the 'ship that year. Yes we didn't want to have an L in the loss column but it happens. All that matters is what you do when you get in the playoffs. Both teams will make the playoffs and eventually play each other. Just take the bye week to get healthy, be with your families and catch another game. Good luck to both teams.

Rondell Out
"aka the Black Bill Walsh"

There is no guarantee they will meet in playoffs.