supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MFL ?

What is the cut off date for players (without a contract) to change teams?

Re: MFL ?

Don't be a wimp just because your team is losing. Trying to jump ship and go with a winner this late in the season is a shady move. That's the problem with semi-pro I guess is that nobody has any dedication to a team when times get hard. I suggest that you (and everyone else for that matter) stick it out and help your team get better. Finish the commitment you entered into.

cut off os playoffs. so go ahead and jump. do whats best for you

Hell, let's all jump ship and join one team. Then we'll have nobody to play against and we'll all get a championship and won't have to earn it!

If I saw a player from a team that I had already played in another uniform a few weeks later and it were completely legal as per the rules, I would probably have to rethink what league I wanted my team to be in when it came time to put it to a board vote.

The MFL uses an open roster with a maximum of 45 players allowed to dress at any game up through the last week of the regular season. After the final game has been played each team has to submit a final and binding roster for playoffs. Teams are required to be able to produce identification for all players on that roster.

I know there are teams, such as the Patriots, that do not necessarily allow new players after a certain point in the season. We will not accept new players after the middle game in the season.
That is just what our team board has decided for the last two seasons.

Rosters aside, your current team needs to release you in order for you to play for another team. You need to be current on your team dues as well to be eligible for another MFl team.