supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Top 5 runningbacks in IFL?

Who do you think are the top 5 runningbacks in the IFL and why? You can not pick players from your own team please.

Re: Top 5 runningbacks in IFL?

# 5 from the generals and # 33 from the cutters

Stacker on the Generals has got wheels

#33 for the Cutters. #5 for the Generals. Best backfield is the Cutters. They have #33 & #35 who is about 250lbs with some speed. Heard he went D1 somewhere.

It's hard to top the Cutters, who have:

1. mr. football 1996 Izzy Thompson #33
2. Bobby "Truck Stick" Burton who is a house of pain for tacklers #35
3. Lee Becton, who is one of the all-time leading rushers for a little school called NOTRE DAME #4

Isn't Bobby Burton #13? The Cutter RB that is #35 came from K-State. He is a load at 250lbs. But Izzy #33, Lee Becton #4, Bobby Burton #13, and the new guy is #35. The best backfield in the league.

Since Day 1 of their entry, Cutters continue to pat their own backs...Nice organization don't get me wrong, but after the Mustangs game,time to shut up and play ball,so great shouldn't have lost week 2...This whole BLAZERS game shows they have no class, and take away a undefeated season is complete bulls*%! Man up, reschedule, and keep bragging about how great you are.

I know fans aren't suppose to pick their own team but its hard to go against the Cutters. Our backfield is the best, these guys could start anywhere in the league but they choose to split carries amongst each other. Izzy #33, #4 Lee Becton, #13 Bobby Burton, & #35 Harvey Scruggs. Izzy & Lee bring speed & Bobby & Harvey are the power backs. Dont forget #7 Jahkeen touches the ball too!

How soon you forget only 1 of those RB's was at the Mustang game. Bobby Burton ran hard all game but he isn't the starter, matter of fact he is the fullback. So no Izzy, No Lee, No Harvey thats why buddy

I saw a post a while back that said there is no drop off from player to player on the cutters team. obviously you did not see that one A cutters fan? But i can agree there are some quality backs in the cutters backfield.

I know the mustangs have a running back on their team that is playing defensive end, I think is name is Schrock. I used to watch him play with the longhorns and that guy was a horse. I just don't know why he switched positions when he changed teams.

I would very much like to run the ball, its my natural position HS,College,...But when going to a new team you have to play where the team needs you. In the coaches opinion i best suit the team to play defensive end. unless he changes his mind i will continue to do what is asked of me and help my team as much as i can from the defensive side of the ball. Thanks for the compliment

Could you picture Shrock & Amos in the backfield together? Wow what a thought...

yeah, that would be a lethal duo

Way to go Shrock - that's refreshing! You don't hear that kind of talk on this level very often! Luckily, we have some guys that feel the same way at Miami Valley - lots of talent, and so far - few egos have emerged!

And good game on Saturday - it was worth the trip up there - thanks for the competition,class, and the sportsmanship! You guys definately have a good group of guys.

Havent seen the mustangs play in a couple of years but from what i remember they were a passing team. And they do alot of sweeps and shuttle passes to their slotbacks. Prolly cause they got a good passing qaurterback. Mustang coach prolly thought shrock would be a waste of talent to play him at runningback. Since they dont run alot from what I remember.

They still got that 300 pound dude playn middle linebacker...lol

prolly a show put on by shrock, mad cuz he caint play every position or do everthang he wants with the team. Man woulda said we have our guys at RB and boost them up a lil. Dont let them words fool you worst attitude in the area

no, shrock don't have the worst attitude on our team, in fact, i like his attitude. the guy works his balls off in the weightroom, he shows up to the practices, and on gameday, he makes plays, he makes game changing plays, you know the types of play most people in this league aren't able to make. as far as our half backs go, i like them, i think they do a fine job, but shrock is one of the best backs in this league, wait, he is one of the best defensive ends in this league also. so i know it makes you feel tough to hide behind a made up message board name, probably on there right now, just talking a way how you are so much better than he is, and how i am only saying this stuff about him because he is my friend, you go tough guy. but to finish this little statement by me, i love this game and i play to win championships, not to come in second place, third place, fourth place, you get what i am saying, so when i say the guy is a great football player, its because he is, and if anyone has played agains #6 from the mustangs, you know i am telling the truth.

gross 36

he iz bat man an you are robin right. aint no distant fans from the longhorns gon get on this board and pardade that dude and beg for his "natural". sneeky way to get want you want tho dont hate on me for something you do!

lol, where thats where you are wrong, i have family that very well could have gotten on here and wrote that stuff. lol, anyway, i could never be robin, i always want to be first, not second.

infomane its almost given that u played with shrock and in some way u are jealous because anyone that knows and has played against him knows he is one of the hardest runners and can break your ankles at the same time. i have played with him since middle school and he loves to win and is a freak who can play any position on the field. is he the best in the league? no. but u cant deny his talent and stop hiding behind your name grow a set.

I think Amos Frye is def. at the top. I played with the guy for years. I was FB and he played TB one year and that was a blast.

amos is def a great running back and the k.c. mustangs have a lot of talented runners in their arsenal. number 27 has some speed and some quick cuts. along with number 30 who is proving to be deceingly fast and powerful. all im saying is the mustangs have alot of talent.

The generals backs are the best hands down #5 #44 and #34 they can do it all and the whole league knows that

thanks for the respect but the only reason we succeed is because we have a great O-line, much love to my boys up front.