supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 08/23 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Good Morning, SupaNation- it's good to be alive, and great to be living in these heady times. If you are sitting near a window as you read these words, I urge you to open that window and take a smell of the morning air. Do you smell that? It's football in the air of this late August morning- and it is on the wind. Across the region and across the nation, boys and men are taking the the field to show the product of their long summer struggle. Our minor league brothers are no longer the only ones with whom we must share the spotlight- the whole country has football fever. And in the midst of that fever, it is all to easy to forget what a great blessing it is that most of you are still able to take part in the sacrament that is this game of football. Others may watch and cheer and even become emotionally involved with the team they love so much, but you, my brothers, you are among the few that actually play this game which will for many months hence capture the imagination of sports fans across our great nation. It is this which you must always remember- this great game is a gift, and one none of us should take for granted.

Now that I have beaten that drum much and well, I've but a small amount of time for each game analysis. For the most part, you will have found my picks to be on the mark, so what I lack in quantity, I hope you will find to be of ample quality.

Randolph County Riot @ Ohio River Bearcats

The chances that the Riot offense will show up at all after the long trip down south is unimaginable. The core group of guys is scrappy and hard-nosed, but is way undermanned. Yardage on Riot turnovers will be greater than Riot total offense.

Bearcats 46
Riot 0

Kosciusco County Mustangs @ Elkhart Shamrock

The Mustangs are firing on almost all cylinders and seem to be getting better every week- perhaps they have saved the late season stumble for the early part of the season. The short trip makes it likely that the Rock will see a fully loaded Stangs squad- much more than they can handle.

Mustangs 31
Shamrock 6

Indiana Generals @ Classic City Crush

I am of course not the only one left wondering about the slide of the Crush- it is a riddle hard to understand. Though they are much better at home, they lack the speed to keep up with the Generals and it will show.

Generals 25
Crush 12

Southwest Ohio Blazers @ Mercer County Cougars

The Blazers have established themselves as clearly the team to beat in the IFL, and the Cougars of 08 are not the team to challenge that perception. The Cougars have always hung around with more athletic teams somehow, but this is one of the greatest athletic differentials of any game in recent memory. It will be ugly.

Blazers 38
Cougars 0

Lake County Steelers @ Midstate Steel

The simple truth is that someone has to win this game. The Steelers are stuck in the Bermuda triangle of mediocrity, and just when they thought they had found their way out in 2008, they realized that they are in the land of inadequacy. The Steel have fallen far from their once proud perch atop the MFL of old, and will have a bit more in the tank than the visitors.

Steel 26
Steelers 16

Northern Illinois Cowboys @ Indiana Titans

The Titans have made me a believer. The passing attack featured by the Titan offense turns out to be pretty damned good and the defense either plays over their potential a great deal, or is also pretty good. The Cowboys are no joke either, but have won a lot of games on athleticism and speed. The Titans will make a statement in this one.

Titans 35
Cowboys 13

Racine Threat @ Chicago Thunder

The Threat bring a very fundamental and disciplined team to Hanson and bring with them perhaps the best shot at spoiling the home team's party. The Thunder have something more to prove and will flat out want it more. This game- as with so many- will be won in the trenches by the Thunder's more experienced and bigger linemen.

Thunder 26
Threat 18

Grand Rapids Thunder @ Lima Warriors

How bout this one for a doozy? The Thunder had not so long ago the kind of passing attack that would send defensive backs into the fetal position. The team has reinvented itself with a more balanced offense, but has not found the success it once did. The Warriors got their loss out of the way earlier- and have already disposed of the Thunder. No walk in the park, but the hosts move on toward the trophy.

Warriors 28
Thunder 17

Derby City Thunder @ Tri-State Titans

What a difference a year makes for Mr. Cooke and his former Punishers/Vipers. The Titans have played themselves into position to play a big game with the MOJ, and the Thunder are in no position to challenge that run. This Kentuckiana battle will be as one sided as was its division in the MOFL this year. Another playoff win for the Titans.

Titans 26
Thunder 6

Indiana Stampede @ East Central Wolverines

The MFL has pretty well shaken out by now and it is pretty clear to everyone that this game is one of the MFL haves and the have-nots. The Wolverines, in spite of the best intentions and early good signs, find themselves in the latter camp and struggling for some success. The Stampede are very very good at turning turnovers into points and will have a turnover feast this weekend- even on the road. Keep at it, Wolverines- better days are ahead.

Stampede 41
Wolverines 0

Adams County Patriots @ Miami County Vikings

Dustin has held the team together remarkably well considering that expectations were much higher in 08 than ever before. Like the Wolverines and the Riot (and the MC Cougars and WOW for that matter), the Vikings have found the talent too much dispersed around the border region. The Pats on the other hand have found a great formula for winning in a small town and drawing talent from around a talent-rich region. The differential in the talent and depth department will read loud and clear on the scoreboard.

Patriots 33
Vikings 0

Detroit Seminoles @ Hardin County Wolverines

As much as I don't want to admit it, I am afraid that the years and all the sadness (shouts to David Gilmour) have caught up with the Wolverines. Despite having another great season and despite getting the Seminoles at home, this week will mark the end of the road for the HCW in the MCFL playoffs. The Seminoles secondary will frustrate and then dominate a Wolverines offense used to having its way. The boys from Motown will win going away, and the HCW will be waiting for the post-season tourneys.

Seminoles 24
Wolverines 10

Miami County Blitz @ Indiana Cardinals

What a great game this will be! Will Brian Raber break out the A-11 offense for this one? I doubt it- it looks to be a great game with two teams with completely different identities, but both who've had success. This game will not be the most entertaining, but will be great football. Special teams make the difference here, and the hosts win the day.

Cardinals 18
Blitz 11

Kane County Eagles @ Indiana Tornados

If only it were 2003. This game would be worthy of national television coverage. As it is, the Eagles are coming off an underwhelming season following a national title claim- and the Tornados are getting better week by week without having posted the impressive numbers of the past. The Eagles come down better prepared and with a much deeper bench. The Tornados surprising rebirth in 08 is not for nothing, but the fairy tale season will not survive the visit from the Eagles.

Eagles 31
Tornados 21

Ohio Storm @ Mid Ohio Jets

The Jets had another blowout sandwich for lunch last Saturday and face a visiting Storm team not at all the laughing stock it once was. The Jets defense is completely sick, no matter how you cut it- and at home they cannot be stopped. The Storm are a hell of a lot better in every aspect- as last week's convincing win proved, but they are not the same team on the road, and no- one is well suited to come into the house of the MOJ. On to the next round for the MOJ.

Jets 26
Storm 6

Madison County Pirates @ West Central Wildcats

Pirates are a mystery on the road and the Wildcats have baffled the mind in 08 as well. The bottom line, though, is that on paper there is no comparison whatsoever. The Pirates could likely beat the Wildcats with only 12 players- the problem is that not many more than that figure to make the trip to Brazil this weekend. The Pirates will come in greatly underestimating the hosts and will play sloppy in the first half. Almost all the poiints will come in the second half of this one.

Pirates 31
Wildcats 0

Union City Community High School @ Wes Del High School

I was really hoping to have made this one a surprise, but it looks as if Beef was tracking me all the way. For those of you that don't know, long time Semi-Pro coach Keith Maloy has taken a job as a HS head coach at Union City, Indiana. He's taken over a team coming off of a tough season and hoping to turn the program around. Lucky for Beef, he's got a solid backfield and who are more athletic than most of the teams he will see in the Tri-Eastern conference. The cupboard is a little more bare in the trenches, and he will be facing a Wes-Del team that will have an advantage in that respect. My bet is that Beef's linebacking core steps up big and wills this first game to a win to get the Indians off on the right foot. Game ball to JJ Davis- who will make it happen on both sides of the ball.

Indians 28
Warriors 24

Okay gang. The sun is creeping up over the horizon again and that tells me that it is time to shut down the old prediction machine. Make sure that you enjoy this game that has been so wonderful to you and when you are on the field, always make your mommas proud.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 08/23 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Thanks Supa I hope some of the ROCK see this post and get a little motivated.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 08/23 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Beef's Union City Squad CRUSHED the Warriors of Wes-Del 36-8. Way to go, Beef. How bout some details?

JJ Davis 15 for 110 yards TD and Gameball. Opening Kickoff Darcy Thomas returned for TD 80 Yards. Wes-Del's Defense couldn't seem to move the ball except for one drive, because the LB's were all over the field. Larry Poling 10 tackles. Great prediction and great game.

Coach Evans

Randolph County Riot are a no call no show.

Ohio River Bearcats 6
Randolph County Riot 0

mustangs 42 shamrock 0 good game hot as hell!

Generals 25 Crush 21

Generals get a win in a huge come from behind win. Let me serve notice that the Crush ARE indeed back, and are a very, very good team that will indeed be a force from here out.

The Crush scored early and took a 14-0 lead including one score on a nice run from #47 (number?) on a well ran sweep in the very 1st half.

The Crush scored again early in the 3rd, and with less than 6 min to play in the 3rd, the Crush led 21-3.

The General comeback started with a 65 yd run by Brian Stacker making the score 21-10.

In the 4th, A long pass that Joe Zeunik wrestled away from a defender got te ball to the 2. From there, Jesse Parsley ran it in, and then also dove over the line on the 2 pt conversion to make the score 21-18.

The Generals tried an onside kick, but after the ball bounced on a great placement by Dave Clawson, the Crush came up with the ball with 2:39 to go.

After the 3 plays and the 2 min warning, the Crush Offense faced a 4th and 2 from near midfield, but the Generals stopped the 4th down play on a sack.

The final drive was enginered by General QB Jermaine Wison, who hit 5 different recievers with quick accurate passes, getting the ball down to the Crush's 5 with 19 seconds left and no timeouts.

The Generals decided to go for the win rather than tie with afield goal, and Wilson hit Parlsey again, who broke a tackle, and dove in the endzone, scoring the game winning TD.

E game balls to The General O-line, the entire General D, who pitched a shutout in the 4th.
Brian Stacker, Jesse Parsley, Tony Laws, and of course, Jermaine Wilson who's 1st TD pass was the game winner.

Great game to the Crush...I don't want to see those guys again.

Thad Conley...you are one hell of an athlete, hands down.

Coach Hendricks

STAMPEDE 40
WOLVERINES 0

ONE HELL OF AN EFFORT FROM THE WOLVERINES. WATCH OUT FOR THIS SLEEPER TEAM.

Pirates @ Wildcats

Pirates 23 Wildcats 14

cowboys 20 titans 17 titans came out flat and played flat till middle 4th qt.

I know u like info about the game from the score it may not look 2 good for the wolverines but let it be known at the half it was only 6-0 they came 2 play hats off 2 u guys stampedes D and O just happened 2 step it up second half it may not happen this year but 4 sure watch out 4 the wolverines in the future and I wish u all the best of luck ur a good bunch of guys and whoever plays them in the playoffs dont take them lightly u just might lose.good luck 2 all.GO STAMPEDE..

Blazers 30
Cougars 20

Chicago Thunder 42........Racine Threat 19

Midstate Steel 36.........Lake County Steeler 15

we appreciate it stampede.. u guys are a hell of a team as well and will def make alot of noise in the playoffs..

nice prediction for the stampede vs. wolverines... pretty accurate... but on the other hand ... THE WOLVERINES ARE A GREAT TEAM AND TO ALL THE OTHER TEAMS DONT TAKE THIS ONE LIGHTLY THEY CAME OUT HARD AND READY... 6-0 AT HALFTIME THATS PRETTY GOOD I'D SAY... JUST KEEP YOUR HEADS UP AND EYES OPEN

ON ANOTHER NOTE!!!! GO STAMPEDE !!!! LETS GET IT... CONGRATS TO ALL

STAMPEDE #74 (LT)

Mid Ohio Jets defeat the Ohio Storm 42-3......

QB John Abner throws 4 TD passes and the Jets ground game racked up another 3 Tds.

The Jets move onto the MOFL Championship game.

Supa nice presiction on the Titans/ Thunder game.

Tri State Titans 26
Derby City Thunder 12

Grand Rapids Thunder 20
Lima Warriors 17

Bad punt snap goes into the endzone with a minute and 58 seconds left, they fall on it in the endzone and that sealed the deal. End the year at 9-2.

Hey Guys I just want to give Supa some props here. He called a lot of games really close this week. It has blown my mind for years how this dude does what he does. It is fun to read the predictions and really cool to see how close they often are. Just wanted to give out some props to the head of this household.

Nobody gives a crap bout your stupid indians, so post all your BS elsewhere. Also the reason Wes Dels defense didnt move the ball was because it was there DEFENSE. You hammerhead go do some curls er sumthin.

first off, congrats to the Crush. You boys are bad. Good luck the rest of the year. We ended up winning in the end but you guys are definitely the best team we have played this year.