supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
QB Needed

For all you QB's that want to play for a team with a winning tradition it's time. As everyone knows the Lima Warriors have lost and are now looking forward to next year. People could make plenty of excuses but if we had a QB there is not a team in the USFA that could play with us. You want to lead us back to the National Championship next year step up.

Re: QB Needed

Don't you guys have a pretty good quarterback in Justin Henderson????

I was waiting for this to come up, didn't expect it this fast. Justin has a hell of an arm but lacks a lot of skills needed to put us over the top. We need a spot thrower (sp). From day one in Midget ball you are trained as a QB to throw on break where the reciever is supposed to be. Justin will throw if your open and usually 5-8 seconds after the snap. I can say that I would take 6 of the QB's I have seen this year over ours. That's saying a lot, we only seen 9 teams. We supported him this year cause he is the best we had but the season is over. It's time for a change. A Qb with our supporting cast and defence would be scary.

I think you always have to look to improve your team.... Whether that be at the quarterback position or any other position (wide receiver included).... I've played and coached against Lima (and been on the winning side and the losing one), and one thing that I can say is that they have been very talented at a lot of positions.... As an outsider looking in, and that is all that I am so don't take any offense to this, but the issue that I saw with them wasn't necessarily the QB... I'm not sure how strong they were at some of the skill positions (namely receiver)... Now, before guys take offense, don't. It's not a knock. Good receivers - yes. Can get the job done with a formidable running attack - yes (and they have definately had that... with Toledo back then and by committee now). But not necessarily good enough to be throwing stones at a guy that has basically gotten it done for the most part.... I'll say the same thing about him that I say about a lot of guys playing at this level - if he was the total package he probably wouldn't be playing with you - he'd be getting $. Just my take - that and $1 can get you a double cheesburger off of the value menu! But, congrats on a good year!

The person behind the post masquerading as "Warrior" is likely the one that needs to be replaced. Character will always supersede talent. Semi Pro teams are built on the character of its nucleus. It provides a foundation..enforces a vision..and ensures that the output is sustainable from year to year. One mans vision, one guys arms, or another guys legs by themselves are not enough to build a 'team' (and do not guarantee a championship). The minute you start assigning blame, or individualizing the game you've opened up the proverbial Pandora's box of team sports. Pointing the finger at Justin, and doing so on an open forum (what good could you possibly have hoped to come of this), also shows your lack of faith in the teams leadership. Recruiting with the intent to get better is fine...but aligning that with personal attacks of a teammate is lame. The sentiment of your words was lost by the 3rd line. Recruit with merit..post with integrity..and work on bettering your own game.

Justin is talented and even though we have not seen eye to eye much over the last few years he deserves that. He does have his skills as he does flaws (like most of us do). I think what the Warrior post was trying to say is that there is not a positition on our roster that is set. Not one veteran that has a starting job in 09". Competition is good for a position and makes us all better. Justin has been our only QB for years and we need at least someone to push him if not step in and take over (change is good also). Therefore the invitation stands for the QB position as well as skill positions, hoggies, and those special teams guys.

I played with Justin for 4 years, he is one of the toughest qb I know. I have seen him play with a broken hand and countless number of injuries. Justin always left what he had on the field. It’s not fair to use Justin as the escape goat when you win or lose as a team.

Uh, that's "scape goat" there toledo. An escape goat is what a herder chases!

Every team should look to improve no matter what kind of talent they already have. However, to name out one person on a team and throw him under the bus is pretty piss poor. Justin is a very good qb in the semi pro ranks and like Toledo mentioned, he has played through numerous injuries to help his team.

Bonko, corrected my post just for you. This is my amended version.....LoL

I played with Justin for 4 years, he is one of the toughest qb I know. I have seen him play with a broken hand and countless number of injuries. Justin always left what he had on the field. It’s not fair to use Justin as the scape goat when you win or lose as a team.

LOL....at the escape Goat...scape Goat comments

I guess what we are looking for is consistency at all positions, especially Qb position. I think everybody would agree on that.

And for the record.... this was not started by me as I'm sure a few of may think. ;) Thanks!