supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 09/06 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Hey, Hey, SupaNation! It's time for another week's installment of the Prediction Show! I know it seems that every week I rail against the unimaginable pace of the passage of time, but for goodness sake- it's SEPTEMBER! That means playoffs in the Semi-Pro world for some teams and the long stretch toward those playoffs for others. In either case, it makes for some great football, so let's get to it!

Racine Threat @ Indiana Titans

The team from Racine begs for a barrel of corny puns, but I will resist other than to say that the team is not much of a _____ to with the title this year. The Titans have proven everyone wrong by finding an explosive passing attack and a big play defense. Can the team really vie for the MSFL title in 08? You bet!

Titans 34
Threat 14

West Ohio Wranglers @ Kosciusco County Mustangs

The Mustangs had long ago set about forgetting its single slip-up and focusing on what is to come and finally getting their hands on the the Bushman Memorial trophy. It's true that the IFL of 08 packs some serious heavy hitters, but there are few teams that can prepare the Mustangs for what they will see deep in the playoffs from the South Division Champ. Spencer and the Wranglers are always stand up guys (sometimes at weddings rather than scheduled games) but they won't have a prayer in this one.

Mustangs 38
Wranglers 6

Mid Ohio Jets @ Tri State Titans

So it has come to this. The MOFL title game is already upon us and it features two of the Ohio Valley's premier teams. Both teams have dominated every MOFL game they've played and looked destined to be here from early on. Both teams exceeded expectations in 2008, and both teams have talent and a desire to win. That is where the parity, however, ends. Few teams have amassed the margin of victory the MOJ did in 08 and they have destroyed the will of almost every opponent. Great season for the Titans, but the title remains with the MOJ.

Jets 34
Titans 17

Indiana Cardinals @ East Central Wolverines

I want to be clear here that I have been pulling for the Wolverines in a lot of ways this summer. I've seen the team really struggle but stick it out. As I have said about other squads before, this kind of thing will only benefit the team over the long haul (just ask Wayne and company), though now it is painful. They run into a Cardinals team that is playing its best ball of the season and clicking very well. Another tough weekend for the ECW.

Cardinals 46
Wolverines 0

Ohio River Bearcats @ Indianapolis Stampede

Ladies and Gents, how about this game? The Bearcats come north for what might be the best test of the regular season for them facing a stingy and opportunistic defense. Last time, this game was razor thin down on the river and that gives one the impression that the advantage in this close game would now belong to this week's hosts. While the Stampede have improved over time, they've not kept pace with the Bearcats, and the offense has sometimes been M.I.A. A long offensive drought for the Stampede in the second half will spell doom and seal an undefeated regular season for the Bearcats

Bearcats 14
Stampede 6

Randolph County Riot @ Madison County Pirates

Congrats are most certainly in order for the Riot who came out swinging and held on to beat a favored Wildcats team last week. It's clear that while the Riot have not met expectations this season, they still have fight in them and a loose cannon named Pistol making plays. The problem, though, is that they have to go to the Pirate's Cove- a place where even fate and luck get lost. The Pirates' D will stand strong- and improve over its performance in the first meeting.

Pirates 26
Riot 7

Classic City Crush @ Indiana Cutters

There's not much one can say here other than that the Crush are heading into a buzzsaw in Ellettsville this weekend. The Cutters' team speed will have the boys from up north with spinning heads and tired legs early on. Even though they have both talent and experience, the Crush match up very poorly with the Cutters. Look for a huge ground game and a lot of big hits on both sides, but all of the scoring on only one side of the scoreboard.

Cutters 31
Crush 0

Miami County Vikings @ Miami County Blitz

The battle for the Miami County dominance will be over early, with the boys from the Hoosier state winning easily. As I have joked time and time and time again, the no-nonsense formula of the Raber machine gets it done, and this week will be no exception. The Viking offense has problems of its own when facing much weaker defensive teams- and the Blitz certainly are not weak by any measure. It's admirable (seriously so) that the Vikings hold on through the tough season- but the Blitz defense will have more points not only than the Viking offense, but will have more points than the Vikings will have first downs. Adversity promotes growth, gents.

Blitz 38
Vikings 0

Elkhart Shamrock @ Southwest Ohio Blazers

The good lord knows that the Rock had different plans for 2008, but youth, injury, retirement and players leaving for other clubs have left the high octane men of Green a bit low in the tank. Like so many teams, the Rock still can claim a solid core of guys, but they will need much more than that when meeting the best team in the league on the road. The Blazers will administer the shellacking and the Rock will take it like men. This Blazer team has the makings of a great team- only the Cutters have a chance to keep them from the title.

Blazers 41
Shamrock 0

Mt Carmel Fire @ Miami Valley Warriors

At times like these, it is important to point out (or to stake a position in the un-ending debate) that it is BOTH true that things are very different league to league AND that much is the same across all leagues. The top of the USFA for instance, is a group of elite teams good enough to compete with most any minor league team across the nation. While the top of the IFL is not the same, the middle of both leagues are pretty similar. Such is the situation when a very good Warrior team hosts the struggling Fire. The Warriors remain my upset pick to shock the league favorites and have some very impressive wins. As has been the case for so many years, the team has yet to fulfill its potention. Let's hope that whipping up on the Fire will help them to that end.

Warriors 44
Fire 11

Union City High School @ Union County High School

Last weekend, Beef found himself in a place he had not expected to be after an opening week steamrolling of the Wes-Del Warriors. Beef's defense was beat up by a largely mediocre Adams Central team by taking advantage of the Indians' lack of depth and tired skill players. Even after last week's shocking loss, it is clear that the Indians have a great deal of potential, but the development of young players and the in-game response to alignment and match-up problems must be taken care of. The Indian running game must be able to respond to faster defenses. The Union County squad that plays host is just what the Indians need. The Pats are among the softest teams in the TEC and certainly feature the worst defense. Let's hope the lessons learned in this week's win pay dividends against better foes down the road.

Union City Indians 34
Union County Patriots 14

Mkay, gang. That will just about do it for Uncle Supa. Make sure to floss after every meal, clean up after yourself, find a cause bigger than yourself to support, and go out there and make your mommas proud.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 09/06 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

I saw on the MFL website that the Miami Ohio Vikings won't be making the trip to Miami Indiana Blitz.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 09/06 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

STANGZ-40
DA WOW-3
GUD GAME WRANGLERS, U GUYZ GOT ALOT OV HEART!!!!!

#52 OUTT

Union City 14 - Union County 7
This was a great game by both teams, Maloy and the Indians were down 7-0 at half time. Then a great motivational speech from Beef set the team on fire. Came out of halftime and returned the kick 70 yards for TD and the Indians rolled from there. Defense was great and lead by gameball winner Zach Anguiano (Son of the great #44 LB of the old Randolph Co. Rage/ Darke Co. Warriors) Indians now 2-1.

Cutters 35 - Crush 0

It was a hard fought game but in the end Stampede won 21-7 bearcats lead 7-0 until the last 4 min in the 4th the Stampede blocked a punt which set us up 4 the TD.That made it 7-6 we went 4 the 2 point conversion which put us up 8-7 and it was all Stampede till the end.This game definatly lived up 2 its hype.Great game everyone cant wait to see the bearcats again in the future.GO STAMPEDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THREAT 60 TITANS 15 IT WAS A ALL THREAT NIGHT

Just to comment on the Crush game. Really was one of the hardest hitting games yet this year. Those guys have heart and you can not sleep on them! Good game guys and hope you get home safe!

Pirates 21 Riot 14

in the mofl championship
mid ohio jets 33
tristate titans 13

well played game by both teams, cars broken into in the parking lot- some b.s.

big tim

ps good call supa

Dude, how bout how close Supa came on most of these calls? This dude is sick, man. I need to take this cat to Vegas with me and retire, who's with me?

I WOULD BE WITH UP EXCEPT FOR ONE THING. SUPA PREDICTED THE BEARCATS WOULD BEAT THE STAMPEDE 14-6. MAN WAS HE WAY OFF, THE STAMPEDE WON 21-7.

Seriously .. lets just change the name of the site to the Stampede's Message Board... its really getting old gentlemen

thanks crush for making thr trip, number 73 easy the best lineman we have faced all year. dudes a hoss. that running game is sick/ i dont think any defense ever looks forward to seeing that power backfield you guys have. get some numbers and you guys will do some damage. again good game and good luck on the rest of your season

Pirates were up 7-0 at halftime
then entering the 4th quarter, the riot were up 12-7.
then the pirates took the lead 14-12. with under 1:30 the riot had the ball on fourth down and 15 with one last shot, but a dropped pass at the sticks sealed the game for the pirates. to add the icing to the cake, they punched another in the endzone at 20 seconds left. making the final score
Madison County Pirates 21
Randolph County Riot 12

Miami Valley Warriors-31
Mt. Carmel Fire-7
Up next a very tough challenge on the road at the Cutters.

I just want to say thanks to the Cutters organization and players. It was a good clean game, and they were very helpful pre and post game. Great organization.

CRUSH, we really coulda used the 6-10 guys that decided not to come. Some have legitimate excuses, others didn't even bother to call. We had a great game v. the Generals, then a huge let-down this week. You're either with us or not. We'll ball out with 16 guys the rest of the season if we have to. We want guys who are commited. Dudes were playing out of position last night, but they sure as hell played hard!

Crush #73
Thad

I'm sorry are u mad that no one talks about the pirates can u blame anyone for not talkin about u guys dont hate congradulate

to 63 from 63 // it is one thing to get talked about, its another to talk about your self w/ fake names and all

And yes congratulations on your rebuilding after a slow start on the season and congratulations your victory this weekend. I am certain we will meet again.

WATCH OUT PIRATES, YOU GUYS WILL NEED ALL THE HELP YOU CAN GET WHEN YOU PLAY THE STAMPEDE!!!!!!!

LOL. LOOKS LIKE THEY NEEDED HELP WITH THE RIOT WITH THE NARROW WIN.

JJ stop tripping on them, right now, they are doing good. So let them have their glory. O'Dell, what's up with the disrespect. I have never met you but I have read your post, in the past, where you down this type of stuff. Whoever is hiding behind the name STAMPEDE, and posting negetive statements about the Pirates, stop being a punk and put a real name up. You are doing nothing but making the Stampedes looks like a low life team and I know this to be false because I know most of them. The Stampede is a team that has given respect where it is due and took it when it wasn't given. Big ups to you guys for the win.

Eric

Old school ur right I dont like when people disrespect other teams we are all playin the same game.I was just replying on what someone from the pirates said.If people want to talk us up on here I cant do nothin about that I always give credit when credit is due.All teams go through ups and downs.If I remember correctly early in the season there was alot of possitive talk about u all on here u had a couple bad weeks and people push u to the side we have all been there.Congrats on ur win this week.AS for the person posting as STAMPEDE if they cant use there name they dont speek for us pay no attention.Everyone keep workin hard and good luck rest of the season.I also know nothin about anyone from this team using fake names to talk us up.Like I said if they dont state their name and number as a member of this team pay no attention.

the score of the cardinals wolverines game is cardinals 48 wolverines 12