supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sept 11, 7 years ago today

It was a Tuesday of my Senior Year in High School. I remember football practice that day for three reasons. I remember before practice how there wasn't the usually lock room antics before practice. I remember the long silence and following lord's prayer at the start of practice, something we usually only did before games, and I remember football being the welcoming break back to the perceived usual reality on a very historically unusual day.

Football is what kept me moving forward that day, that week, and football is what kept America moving forward the following weekend.

I do ask that everyone please take a moment today to remember the victims of 9-11-01 and to honor our heroes, men and women of public service. Most importantly take some time today to reflect on all the things that are that allow us the freedoms, the time, and the ability to safely play America's Sport Football.

May God Bless America

Re: Sept 11, 7 years ago today

i had been in the marine corps for about 9 months on sept 11. i was stationed in bangor washington. my platoon had just got done with our morning exercise and we were all in our rooms showering when the the kocking on the doors started. i spent 3 days strait on duty followed by months of non stop security patrols. but good thing out of it, i got a lil but of my revenge 3 years later when my unit went to afganistan and took care of business. 9/11 lost but never forgotten. semper fi

I remember it like yesterday it was my first week of college as a matter of fact it was my second day of classes at Anderson University. I remember that day walkn pass an Army Recruiter and he gave me a info about signing up for the army to help pay for school. I talked to the recruiter in the commons for 5 min about the army and what it had to offer me and headed to my 7:30 class Mass Media and Society. Around 8:30 someone strolled into class late saying to the prof. sorry im late a plane full of people just ran into the World Trade Center. Im looked at him (one of my teammates and said what a hell of an excuse to be an hour late for class coach is gona kill you they did class checks this morning. He's like im not playn all of a sudden the prof let the class go early and i headed back to that same commons area where hundreds of students where gathered in tears and disbelief. i couldnt believe what my eyes where seeing. Filled with anger that football practice that evening was one of the hardest hitting and ethusiastic practice i have ever been apart of. That night the University held a candle memorial service for those lost. then i knew i hade to step up to the plate and do something to help my country and also at the same time help myself. The next day i was in the recruiters office starting the process to enlist in the U.S Army. I love my country and ill never forget how 9/11 helped mold me to the person i am today. If it wasnt for the attacks i wouldnt have had the motivation to sign up for the army and became a soldier and i wouldnt have finished college because finacially the army helped me through. So for all of those soldiers Hoooooahhhhhhhh, Marines Hooorahhhhhhhhhhhhhh and all other military fire dept police thank you for your service and lets not forget about what happen that day cause sometimes we forget that there are still people out in this world plotting to do something as bad as 9/11 to the U.S. so lets stay alert and stay alive

I was takin the ISTEP exam i was a sophmore at pike high school. I can remeber everyone in the hallways yellin "we are goin to war" and i keep thinking to myself what are the talkin about. Not till i got to speech class is where i saw actions that took place in NYC that day. My thoughts and prays went out to the familys of those who were lost there lives on this tragic day 7 years ago. America was down but not out we had to pick ourselfs up and not let the antics of one man. WE WILL NEVER FORGET 9-11 GOD BLESS AMERICA

I was between jobs sitting at home watching TV. I remember flipping through the channels and stumbling on to the Today Show. I watched as the second plane hit the towers live on TV. I spent the day watching as much TV as possible, switching from channel to channel, listening to each commentator speculate on what was going on. Then when the first tower came down I remember literally screaming at my TV "Get them out, get them out!" And it wasn't for just the civilians, but the EMT's, Paramedic's, and Firefighter's that I knew were in there trying to get people out and fight the fire. As the Mustang's know, I was a Paramedic at one time. You know that those guys risk it all, everyday, with no regard for themselves a lot of times. It wasn't until later that I realized we lost a lot of good brothers and sisters, wearing the "other" badge in there too. God bless the civilians yes, but keep a special prayer in your heart for the loved ones left behind, because someone was "just doing their job".

I was in I-STEP testing in 11th grade and remember seeing it on t.v after the principal announced it over the speakers. we took a break and a moment of silence.
can't believe it has been 7 yrs. In memory of the loved ones lost on 9-11 at the twin towers

Stampede #74

i was just getting off work from the sherrifs departmnet i was a dupty and a swat team member for the state., i couldnt beleive it i was also in army i was shot and flipped in a tank while over in irag so i know and have seen alot of things i wish on noone. even though my fb season ended early this year i promise to be back next year so fellas play each game like its your last tommorow is granted to us. i miss all in the ifl good luck and god bless

i was getting ready for my great grandma's funeral... i remember turning on the tv just after the first one hit and thinking that there were way to many safety things in place for that to happen and far to many failsafes i guess you could say and thinking that it couldnt have been an accident but hoping it was.. i woke my roommate and his g/f up and told them about it....then i couldnt drag myself away from the tv waitng for them to explain how it happened then came the second one and at that point my fear was recognized and i think everyone in the country knew something was horribly wrong.... i dont really remember even driving to the funeral or really anything about it but everyone talking about what had happen and how and why