supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 09/20 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Good Morning SupaNation!! I am pleased to be back with you and calling games this for this exciting weekend. After walking the shores of shame and despair for not having been able to call your games last week, I've come to a peaceful, joyful place from which I hope to offer only the most delicious and nutritious predictions for this weekend. The weather looks great, the Cubs' magic number is down to TWO, and there is a weekend full of great football on tap. Let's get to it!

Adams County Patriots @ East Central Wolverines

It's a greatly overwrought cliche to say that the Wolverines are playing for pride at this point. First of all, there is not a damn thing wrong with playing for pride. Secondly, it is these kind of games at this point in a young team's season that serious bonds are forged and strong leadership is developed. Just ask the Patriots of a few years ago. You may choose to laugh at the lopsided losses that the ECW have faced this season, but my reckoning is that one way or the other, the boys from Blackford County will have the last laugh. For this week, though, it is all Pats, all the time.

Patriots 38
Wolverines 0

West Central Wildcats @ Indiana Stampede

If you've been able to overcome all of the jawflapping and constant "best MFL" polls of late, you will have noticed that the Stampede have quietly (in one respect anyway) made a hell of a name for themselves. This team has come a long way over the course of this first season and with a new name and a new attitude, are the upset threat to shock the MFL powerhouses at either end of the state. The Wildcats have hummed along keeping the small core together and sometimes exceeding expectations. Not this week, though. The Wildcat offense will have fits dealing with the Stampede blitz and special teams. This one's over early.

Stampede 41
Wildcats 6

Madison County Pirates @ Ohio River Bearcats

If the Pirate ship were sailing up the White River, this game might well be competitive. The bad news is that they must go down to the borderlands and face the Bearcats in their own den.While the Bearcats have shown us all unexpected vulnerability on the road, the team at home is tough as nails and too deep for the Pirates. For a team used to feeding off of turnovers and big plays, it will be a frustrating day for the Pirates

Bearcats 26
Pirates 8

Randolph County Riot @ Miami County Blitz

The Riot have had a tough run here of the schedule and things are not likely to get any easier. There's really not much to say here other than that the Blitz will run the ball early and often and with great success and that the Riot will be unable to put a sustained drive together in the face of the Blitz defense. The boys from Winchester will not face the flashy defense they did last week, but they will be just as frustrated.

Blitz 44
Riot 0

Chicago Thunder @ Bolingbrook Buccaneers

The men of the Thunder have yet to know defeat this season, and it is hard to imagine a situation in which they could find their way to anything other than a huge victory down in Will County this weekend. The Buccaneers have fallen hard since their glory days of the recent past and the last thing they need is the much bigger and faster Thunder team to come to their house. As the Buccs rebuild, the Thunder simply reload.

Thunder 40
Buccaneers 0

Indiana Titans @ Midstate Steel

The Titans will be hoping to find their missing offense this weekend in Peoria. Like so many MidStates powers of old, the Steel have fallen on hard times (not unlike the industry from which their name is derived) and will be willing victims this weekend. The Titans should travel well and get the long ball going early on the inexperienced Steel secondary.

Titans 33
Steel 6

Lake County Steelers @ Racine Threat

The Threat have made me a believer, and the Steelers have made me confident in their ability to come up short. Nothing else need be said here. The Threat hope to produce more turnovers from their opponent than the last few weeks and they just might.

Threat 48
Steelers 10

Indiana Cutters @ Indiana Generals

It is hard to deny that when the Cutters offense is at full force, it is a machine to be reckoned with. My folk tell me that they will have all of the widgets and cogs in place this weekend when they take the short trip up SR 37, and that spells disaster for the hosts. In particular, the General defensive front 7 will have a tough time with the league's best offensive line and one of the region's best backfields pounding them relentlessly. This game should make clear who the top tier teams in the league are, and while the Generals are no joke, they are not among the IFL elite.

Cutters 38
Generals 12

Miami County Vikings @ Indiana Cardinals

The Pirates proved to all of us that the Cardinals are a great team- but one that is inconsistent. The boys from the Fort have enough talent to take home the trophy at the end of the season, but often of late find themselves much farther behind than they thought they were. The big let-down in extra frames against the Pirates provides a growth opportunity for the Cardinals, should they seize upon it. The Vikings are limping to the finish line, but we know that Dustin and crew will challenge them to do so with grace. There is nothing Grace-inspiring, however, about the drubbing they are about to endure at the hands of the Cardinals.

Cardinals 51
Vikings 0

Kosciusco County Mustangs @ Mercer County Cougars

These are not your father's Cougars. It's cliche now to point out that so many of us were waiting for the small roster, no coaching and remote location of Ft. Recovery to catch up with the Cougars- but it clearly now has. By no means a bad team, the Cougars just do not have the athletes to compete with Mikey W and the flying daggers of pigskin the Mustangs will bring with them. This game will be as long as Sid's beard is white for the Cougar defense.

Mustangs 33
Cougars 11

West Ohio Wranglers @ Miami Valley Warriors

I've been known now and again to sing the praises of the underdog team going off to the ritual slaughter sure to be inflicted by the coming week's game. Let's make no mistake about it, Brandon and Spencer and their merry band of Wranglers are in for just that kind of situation, but I shall heap no such praise. Don't get me wrong- I have nothing but respect for the team- but I will say that the time is come for the Wrangers to try something new in the offseason. They've struggled far too long and as they take the field with a roster half the size of the host Warriors-- and realize very quickly how overmatched they are man for man-- one hopes this is the last season of struggling for this club. That part, however, is up to the leadership of the WOW.

Warriors 36
Wranglers 0

Centerville Bulldogs @ Union City Indians

Beef's Indians have found themselves at a respectable 2-2 and have learned a few things about themselves in the process. The running game is inconsistent but has given him moments of brilliance and anticipation. All of the great advantages to coaching young and eager (and disciplined) teenaged athletes have been great, but practices have yielded other deeper and more unexpected limitations of working with youngsters. The Indians have a few excellent athletes who Beef would love to keep on the field every play, but several of the Indian stars have been trying to do too much and have made big mistakes. This weekend comes the toughest team of the season to Union City and even 3 more JJ Davis-type players would not be enough to beat the Bulldogs. Beef knows well that the point of taking the beating the Centerville team is bringing with them is to respond to adversity and become a better player and a better team. JJ will make a few big plays on both sides of the ball, but will be stifled by the superior Bulldog linemen.

Bulldogs 48
Indians 14

Alright, now you have your predictions this weekend. Go forth, be fruitful, and make your mommas proud.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 09/20 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Cutters 38
Generals 12

Wow! That's a little harsh. I really enjoy your predictions Supa and I think everyone looks forward to every Friday to seeing them because the are fun. Then again, we do have some people on our team who actually take them pretty personal and seriously. So this is added motivation (I hope) for these players. Look guys, "38-12" "that spells DISASTER for the hosts. In particular, the General DEFENSIVE FRONT 7 will have a tough time with the LEAGUE'S BEST offensive line and one of the region's best backfields POUNDING them RELENTLESSLY." I understand where you are coming up with that score because we have cracked in the previous two big games after the half (7-7 at half of Blazers game and 0-0 in Mustangs), but we have hopefully fixed those problems with a team meeting and a great practice on wed.4 wins and 2 losses isn't where we wanted to be or feel where we should be right now, but keep this in mind what record would these "top tier teams in the league" be right now with a 4th string QB and the other injuries we have had. Like, I said earlier in the year injuries due heal, and luckily for us it should all be coming together shortly. Anyways, Generals you keep this in mind Saturday night Cutters 38 and Generals 12.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 09/20 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Supa
Have you been coming to my practices? Or are you inside my head? The insight you have is unbelievable. Keep up the good work. I will say some of my teams have been known to pull out the upset before.

Keith Maloy
Head Coach
Union City Community High School

thanks for the recognition supa!!!!

There was no game today between the pede and wildcats it was a forfeit by the cats they either didnt have enough guys or couldnt make the trip not sure which best of luck to the wildcats orginization hope they get healthy for the playoffs cause this is not a time to be plagued with injuries.

Wildcats had to forfeit due to a lack of available players this week. We had no problem coming to Stampede for a game.

Good luck to your squad going forward.

Mustangs 27 Cougars 24

Good game all around. Cougars were up 14-13 at half. Mustangs score and get a two point conversion to make it 21-14. Cougars answer and make it 21-21. After a few laterals at the last seconds to try to get a score game goes into overtime. Cougars get the ball first and start at the 10 yard line. Mustangs make a great defensive stand and Cougars have to settle for a field goal. Mustangs get the ball at the 10 and first play is a pitch to Amis to the left.. with a few great blocks Amis runs into the enzone on the first play. Mustangs win.

This game was the best/toughest game i have played in awhile. Cougars should not be underestimated. They are a hell of a team and we were lucky to come away with a win tonight. Definately dont wanna see them again in the playoffs... if we do.. hopefully the game goes a lil better our way.. no offense Cougars.. but games like tonight make my hair turn grey! lol.. good game guys.

SO CLOSE

AC Patriots 41
EC Wolverines 0

The Wolves played hard all game, and were able to have some success moving the ball.
They always play with heart and have an awesome turnout.

Cutters 18
Generals 13

Great game by both teams..came down to the wire..ending on a spot with less than a minute left.

Bearcats 19
Pirates 14

Warriors 41
Wranglers 12

My hat goes off to the Wranglers. Halftime score was 35-6 and the Wranglers never gave up and fought to the end.
Good Luck Wranglers.

Coach Agee

thanks for a great game patriots and good luck in the playoffs

Not as close as the score was. Cutters 18 Generals 13.
Generals didnt have an offensive touchdown until the 4th qtr. They scored on the opening kick-off & thats it. Cutters were conservative. Running the ball more than usual(99% of the game)because of the MUDDY field. Not even throwing the ball on 3rd & 8. All I am saying is a rematch on a dry field. Cutters hang 50 on them. Seriously!

Chicago Thunder 45
Bolingbrook Buccaneers 0

Thunders QB Jorge Sierra set MSFL record for TD Completions with 23 for season....(7 regular season Games)

Thunder also set records in the following:

4th Regular Season Undefeated
Most Wins Over all (41)
Most Wins Consecutively (41)

If the Thunder go on to win the Championship...
they will then sit all alone in the following records

Most League Championships
Most Championship Appearances
Most League Championships won Consecutively

These are MSFL records...

Thats what makes football football. You have to be able to play in all weather. The bottom line is 18-13 cutters win. I have seen some teams put up big numbers on teams that they should put up big numbers in very bad weather. shut up and play ball.

Midstate Steel 38

Indiana Titans 12

Apparently game got moved up to Noon Central Time resulting in the Titans traveling light....

MC Blitz-48
RC Riot-6

Good clean game on both sides.

Always has to be someone get on a thread and tell somebody else to shut and play ball hey here's a suggestion practice what you preach

IFL Fan, First off, Hell of a game from all of the Cutters, but especially #33. Izzy and Burton are both great players and very hard to bring down. Last night was the most fun I have had playing football in a long time and I really appreciated the competition and clean play of the Cutters. You guys are a class act. I don't care who I piss off with this either, but I feel that the Cutters were the first team to beat us the other games we gave away. As far as the weather and playing conservative goes you can blow that out your ass. We both had to play on the same field, and if you don't recall your team was just anointed as having the best offensive line in the league, so that weather should have played in your favor. This is why you are a FAN and not a PLAYER. Anyone who played in that game last night knows how hard fought of a win that was for the Cutters. I will take sole responsibilty for the loss, also. I let you guys off the hook by going offsides on 4th down and by also mishandling that fumble that let you get to 18 points. Like I said earlier, I think the Cutters are a helluva team and I hope we get the opportunity to play them again, so please don't make excuses for them not destroying us like you assumed they would. Oh, by the way, Three offensive linemen missing, Starting fullback missing, starting linebacker not there, starting TE injured, starting Wr playing QB (which is our 4th string QB) and Generals having 6 or 7 turnovers to your 1. All, but the TE will be back either before or at the start of the playoffs. Good luck to you the rest of the season and HOPE to see you in the playoffs.

Beef's boys went down 38-6 to Centerville. Lots of big plays for the Bulldogs and the Indians just got beat badly on the both sides of the line and in the secondary in particular.

Better days are ahead and Beef's got the team on the right track, but Friday night was rough.