supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IFL/MFL

There has been many questions as to why the MFL and IFL do not join leagues. Simply put, the leagues will never join, unless there is a mass exidous from one league to another. As long as there are teams that keep applying to one of the leagues then both leagues are going to continue. Plus a league with 20 teams is not very attractive to anybody. Everybody wants to have a shot at the playoffs, with 20 teams it is nearly impossible to achieve. I really like the idea of two leagues. In a way it is similar to what the CRFL had in mind before the split. A two tier system of teams based on records. Now it is not exactly the way it was envisioned (lesser teams in one league and better teams in the other), but I think that both leagues give more teams a better chance to play. Afterall that is all we want to do is play Football until we cannot do it anymore.

Re: IFL/MFL

I believe that the two league coming together will make it more competive. Something like the AFC and NFC. Everyone shouldn't make the playoffs. Then all the talk about who is the best will end. I would love to see the champs of th MFL play the champs of the IFL. Even the allstars from both leagues play each others. Let's find out who is the best of the best.

i agree with the whole joining more compitition

There has been talk since I came to the IFL 4 years ago. Like I said the teams would have to get together and get this done. There is too much bad blood and Pride in the mix. Plus That would mean that a whole new structure would have to be come up with. The IFL Votes on a president every year, does the MFL? New bylaws wouyld have to be voted on. It is not as simple as just joining each other. All of the teams would have to want it. As far as Champions playing eachother. It has been tried in the past 2 years and has fallen through. I know because I was involved in trying to put something together at the end of both seasons.
We can keep saying that it would be cool, but I do not think it will happen unless the teams take the lead and do something

A 20 team league would be great it make the regular season mean even more if not every team gets in the playoffs. I know this isn't the nfl but look how much better the nfl became after the afl and nfl joined together.

I think this would be incredibly cool and a huge benefit to all teams involved! Large divisions would ensure limited travel and a full schedule of games.

The problem is that the MFL has a dictatorship for management, nowhere near the democratic, well managed leadership of that in the IFL. I don't think you'd ever get all those guys to sit down at the same table! Having played in the MFL and now seeing how the IFL is managed, it's clear to see that the MFL needs some new faces in the front office! Mr. Earl seems to be a self-appointed dictator. I think it would take each MFL teams commitment to make the move. It happened last year, we'll see what 2009 brings. That's my observation anyway...

I remember reading once that someone had an idea of an IFL/MFL "challenge" at the beginning of the season. Or maybe sometime in the middle. You take the best 5 teams from each league, pair them randomly, and they play 5 games over a weekend to see which league is "better". You do this someplace with field-turf and a pretty sizeable stadium (LOS would be great, but probably too much money) It would get the names out, create rivalry and in my mind make huge amounts of money for both leagues. Anyone else like this idea?

all of these idea are good, but like what foga has been saying if the leagues combine basically a new league would have to be born. pretty much scrapping the IFL and the MFL. now if the MFL teams tend to join the IFL. this has happened this past yearwith a few mfl teams. it wont happen this year nor the next. its all depending on how the word spreads between the teams that have already joined the IFL from the MFl, and also the pirates could vouch also how the ifl is ran compared to the MFL. just plain and simple facts that may be the only way the two league may combine.

Which is the hightest league IFL (or) MFL.

The easiest thing to do would be a "Super Bowl" pitting the IFL champion against the MFL champion at a neutral field in Indy.

this is a great topic and it would be great if something good comes out of it!

Why not have a supafan's toys for tots charity game. We can have an ifl vs mfl all-star game followed by an ifl champs vs. mfl champs game. This can be an all day event. Sometimes we forget we are blessed to still play football.

toledo thats not a bad idea, its just gettin people behind the scenes to make it happen

If the MFL REALLY wants this to happen,only the team (NOT league) leadership could make this happen. As a current player in the MFL I know that this will not happen if its left up to Earl....period!