supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 09/27 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Good Morning, SupaNation. For those of you that stayed up late enough to catch the end of the USC/ Oregon State game in Corvalis last night, a time-honored truism was revealed to you: in this game we all love so much, anything is possible. So often when many of the professional prognosticators have gotten it wrong, David has slain mighty Goliath. In these trying financial and political times, we would all do well to remember the power of the little guy. Against great odds, many historic victories have been won, and many are yet to be won. Will it you be you and your squad this week? That part is up to you.

Let's get to it.

Bolingbrook Buccaneers @ Lake County Steelers

With respect to both teams, it is hard to say anything exciting or compelling about this game. Both teams played well below expectations in 2008 and both have many internal problems making their long term stability uncertain. Neither offense has found any rhythm and each team played from behind all season. The worst part is that they are playing for the right to be sacrificed the mighty Thunder. It is games like these that have the potential to strengthen the bonds of teammates and remind them of their love for the game. Unfortunately, these games also often spiral into disorder. Let's hope for the former- regardless of the outcome.

Steelers 22
Buccaneers 18

Miami County (OH) Vikings @ East Central Wolverines

This game is truly a test of wills for each team. Both teams have played much better in recent weeks, but the truth is that there was nowhere for either to go but up. It's hard to write anything here that has not been written before, other than to repeat the praise I have for both teams for sticking out particularly tough seasons. One hopes that the off season will be full of both fruitful recruiting and genuine offensive development- because both teams are very much in need of better schemes and more talent. This day goes to the Wolverines who get the win again and leave the Vikings winless in 08.

Wolverines 12
Vikings 0

Miami County Blitz @ Adams County Patriots

This game could not be more in contrast with the game above- and we are all glad to see that this make-up game will be played. Two very talented and fundamentally sound teams will take the field on Saturday and it's clear that this is a match-up we are likely to see again in a couple of weeks. The Blitz will bring a very hard-nosed but small team to BHS and bring the Thunder for the full game, but the Pats' running game will break a few big plays to make the difference. Tune in for the rematch soon.

Patriots 18
Blitz 12

Elkhart Shamrock @ Classic City Crush

Back in May, most all of us would have expected to see these two teams among the IFL elite in 2008. Over the course of the season, we've traced the numerous reasons why thinks have turned out differently, but the truth is there are still a lot of good football players on both of these teams. The Crush continue to be big and hard hitting, while the Rock have built their team largely on speed. The trip east will not be kind to the Rock, and the Crush will remember some of the glory days just in time for the post-season.

Crush 24
Shamrock 15

Southwest Ohio Blazers @ Kosciusco County Mustangs

How about THIS ballgame, folks? As many have suggested, this game could well be a preview of the game for the Bushman trophy in coming weeks. The Blazers have not travelled nearly as well as they should, but have found a way to come up with the plays they need on the road. This long trip will not help them, but their very well oiled offense and tenacious defense should. The Mustangs resurgence has been, more than anything, about taking care of the football and taking advantage of opportunities. The Blazer team they face is certainly among the league leader in take-aways, and have frustrated many a solid offense. The Mustang offense will be slowed in this game, but so will the Blazer O. The big question, for me, is the turnover battle, and my gut tells me that the Blazers win the day with points off of turnovers.

Blazers 26
Mustangs 22

Indiana Generals @ Miami Valley Warriors

Like the Cutters down South, the Warriors are the team nobody wants to play. They have stumbled- in particular on defense- a bit of late, but are clearly a team to be reckoned with in every facet of the game. The deep bench at home and the stable full of athletes are two things the visiting Generals lack. They lack also the resume that the Warriors have to this point generated. The General defense plays very well against the ground game, but will have trouble defending the Warrior passing attack. One would be wise never to count out the Generals, but it is clear that this game will favor the hosts.

Warriors 30
Generals 16

Mercer County Cougars @ West Ohio Wranglers

It appears that the rumors of the Cougars' death were greatly exaggerated. Last week's strong performance opened many eyes who assumed the once-proud contenders from Mercer County to be down for the count. Those boys have a couple of plays still in them, and it is pretty clear at this point that they want to make some noise in the post-season. To enhance their seeding, they will need to put some room between themselves and the host Wranglers, who have yet to beat a team with any wins at all. My guess is that the short trip for the visitors will not change that stat. The Wranglers will bring the wood, but will come up short.

Cougars 24
Wranglers 8

Randolph County Riot @ West Central Wildcats

I'd rather not waste print on a game that is uncertain to occur. In any event, neither team is likely to make it past the game next week. In the event the game does come off, the hosts are clear favorites.

Wildcats 16
Riot 0

Winchester Golden Falcons @ Union City Indians

Last week, Beef found out an awful lot about his football team- and despite the lopsided loss- not all of it was bad. His young and shallow-benched group of young men are capable of the big play, but still lack the ability to put together 4 solid quarters or a sustained drive. Many of his youngsters are content to let the stars make noise and too often do not give a full effort. After a full season under the Maloy administration, one hopes that will change. While the Indians are not destined to be kings of the TEC in 08, they are likely to make it to .500 by the end of the season- an accomplishment worthy of praise. The Falcons will help them do just that as the only two football teams in Randolph County (apologies to the Riot) take the field. The Falcons are inept on offense and inconsistent on defense. Beef's got to be salivating when he sees the poor tackling on film that JJ will be running through on Friday night. Building momentum and morale are key right now, and the Winchester squad will help them do just that.

Indians 28
Falcons 7

Obee-kay-bee. I sure am tired from all of this predicting bidness. Lots to do this weekend and lots of football to be watched. By the next time you read these predictions, my Cubs will be up 2-0 in the NLDS and Derek, Ryan, Geo, Aramis and the boys will have made their mommas proud. You should head out there this weekend with exactly the same intentions.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 09/27 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Wranglers 6
Cougars 8

Wranglers never trailed until 2 seconds left in the ball game. Cougars final possession started when the fourth quarter started and was finished with 2 seconds left when they scored then added the two point conversion. Iffy refereeing on an unacknowledged plea for a timeout from the entire wranglers sideline on the play the cougars scored will be brought up at league meeting I'm sure.

Besides that, Great game.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 09/27 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Vikings 12
Wolverines 6

Congratulations to the Vikings on their first win. They played hard and deserve it. Good luck in the playoffs.

Wow is all i can say about this score here.....Mustangs 47 Blazers 18......the mustangs are bringing it

Crush had a glimpse of glory through 3 1/2 quarters, and the rock brought it at the end. final 28-17, great game to the shamrock, and good luck throughout the season.
p.s.... Tell the old man sorry for laying him out:)

Stangz-47
Blazerz-18
Stangz Hold Da #1 Seed BAY BAY!!!!!!

pats 21 blitz 0 Good game goodluck in playoffs.

Miami Valley Warriors 24
Indiana Generals 7

great game by the blazers brought it every down! great passing attack definately gonna be a 4 or 5 team battle in the playoffs! no #1 seed yet for us have one more tough team to play!

The Cougars showed up in Uniopolis with 14 guys, and 1 of them got hurt on the opening kickoff. Not much offense on either side for most of the game. The Cougars got the ball back at the end of the 3rd quarter down 6-0. Then we put together an 11 minute and 58 second drive for a TD and converted the 2 point conversion. The Cougars left as the Wranglers chased the refs off the field.

lol damn cougar12 why they chase the refs off the feild

because the refs were some BUMS!!! ha they threatend to throw me out the game for sayin "o man" ha they sucked they wasnt real bad till the end of the game, i think they felt sorry for the cougars, i dunno. cougars brought it tho, good luck in the post season fellas!

ok heres the deal the ball was 4th and goal from like the 1 with 8seconds to go they brake huddle with 3 reciever set we still have goal line d in there! so as they come to line we are all yellind time out.no time out called they scrambel around hit a guy for td at front edge of end zone. no we are screaming why didnt we get our time out no answer. ok they line up for pat no good but we are called for off sides legit call he was over line early no complaninng at all for the call. Half distance penelty, the go for 2 run it in. they I walk down ask line judge why we didnt get a time out he tells me i dint hear anything.I reply ya ok the whole place heard it and not one reff even looked to use to acknowledge it. he blows me of and starts to walk away a friend of out team that was on our side liine all game doing subs or what not walked up to him as he was walking away and say u know that was bukk sh** and ref throws a flag on him i believe this flag to be kinda lagit also cuzz the fellow didnt kinda get up close and hatey! so anyways after game i myself went to white hat still on field no one chased them off field they walked off bye themsifes after i talked to white hat!! I believe he even told me good game amd i thanked him for coming to game! Hers my problem- i was told from white hat that he heard the time out called from our side line but cant call it for us cuzz he dosent know whos calling since we dont have a coach and no players on field called it one he was wrong a few players told me the tryed to call it as well from the field and we as a team can call time out from side lines he dint know who was calling cuzz he refussed to turn around and acknowledge us if hed turned around 22 our player coach was down on 30 yelling time out the line judge blew him off also! we lost ok move on i get that, but i will say this and its one of the things i told the reffs we pay our same 1000$ league fee to this league and all i ask for is the same respect as all ohter teams get and i feel from day one in this leage we have been smugged from reffs and the league itself and i am tired of putting my team money into dealing with this crap!

Shamrock 28
Crush 17

Great game Crush...
The Crush open the scoring on their first possesion with a TD pass, extra point good.

Shamrock 0
Crush 7

The Shamrock Stalled out on their first possesion & again on their second. But were able to block a punt deep in Crush territory to set up short field for the Shamrock. A QB sneak at the one from Mitchell Frantz gave the Rock their first points, extra point wide left. The first in many games not blocked.

Shamrock 6
Crush 7

The Crush on their next possesion was able to strike deep with a long pass to set up their next score. It came on a run play, extra point good.

Shamrock 6
Crush 14

Just before the half, the Crush was able to drive deep in Shamrock territory once more to set up a feild as time expired.

Shamrock 6
Crush 17

The second half found a defense battle for the entire third quater.
The fourth quater found the Rock pushing deep into the Crush territory as Keniko Barhams ran in their second score, two point conversion run good.

Shamrock 14
Crush 17

The Rock Defense stared to hold their ground & aloowed the offense to take the feild again. Ufortunately for the Rock the D of the Crush stood their ground also. Due to a fake punt deep in rock territory that was unsuccesful the Crush got the ball back & was poised to put up another score. Then along came Tracy Sheppard, who in my opinion made the play of the game. Upon takling the ball carrier he strips the ball loose & Kevin Upham drops on it. The the Rock offense had one more chance with under 3 minutes remaining. on a fourth down play QB D. Peters held tight in the pocket & found a wide open Tracy Sheppard streaking down the middle. The play resulted in Sheppard going in for the go ahead score, extra point good.

Shmarock 21
Crush 17

The Crush got the ball back with around 2 1/2 minutes left. While they were trying to move the ball through the air the Rock came up with an interception & run back to inside the Crush 10. While the Crush still had 3 time outs remaining the Rock chose to run the ball & the clock. The Rock was able to punch in abother run from James Stewart, extra point good.

Shamrock 28
Crsuh 17

The scoring was finished for the game but the Crush drove deep once again trying to score again. The clock just was not in their favor as time expired.

Final Score...

Shamrock 28
Scrush 17

Thank you Crush this was a really good game...

Mitchell Frantz
Shamrock #3

all ya also i have game films and u hear the time out plan as day beeing called id like to bring this tapr to league meeting !Also i know there are so mouthy jerks on our team and we probly dont desrerve alot of respect from some games in past on how we have acted towards officials and things and i am sure we have a bad rapp for bitching at reffs and arguing at players from other teams, but at same time we probly are just as guilty as most other teams at doing things of this nature . we arent the only ones that complane to reffs. Also i want to apologize to the caugers for 21S actions at end of game and that little deal, he says he got kicked or whatever but that was not the way to end the game and we feel like we had a good battle with u guys and have no ill fellings!

Wrangler 77...What language are you using and do you come with ENGLISH sub titles?

Crush34 it was an awesome block. Got the old mans blood pumping. If you have read any of my post i know its part of the game. If i can't take it i do not need to be out there great game. Good luck on building for the your team has a lot of talent and a lot of heart.

Bucs 26
Steelers 0

Bucs advance to the MSFL Play-Offs and get the face the Thunder

UC 25 Winchester 24

Indians get Milk Can and Randolph County Title

Keith

well from the describiton of the Shamrocks and Crush. game sounds like it was a real physical game. Lookin forward to playin u guys on Sat good luck in the playoffs and congrats on gettin the last playoff spot and best luck to the crush as well in the future

Hey I just wanted to say great game to the crush and it really was a great game and I'm glad to have been a part of it. I would also like to remind everyone that the season isn't over yet and from what I understood the crush still have a chance to make it to the playoffs. On another note I'd like to say that I'm really looking forward to play against the cutters this weekend, Hope you guys have a safe trip up here.

I look forward to playing the Rock this weekend, im sure its goin to be a fun one between us....both coming from the MFL last yr, i have been lookin to this one all yr.....i know this yr hasnt turned out the way that u guys envisioned it but i admire the way that u guys have hung in there and kept it together...coming from a team a few yrs back that couldnt do what u guys have done, u will forever have my respect....as will all of the teams that have struggled but found away to stay afloat