supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Switching leagues???

With all the drama surrounding this season for just about everybody; are there going to be any teams switching league next year? Maybe the Bearcats, Pats, and Stampede to the IFL? I was just wondering..

Re: Switching leagues???

Or another to another league?

I would say possibly considering nobody as a first year team can last in this league (MFL). Once again, the bearcats don't have a game this week because the Riot forfeited twice to them this season. I say open seeding is for poor losers to quit the season at the next level and leave a team hanging. Good thing this time we knew before game time so I can go work and make a living to support my team for the third forfeit in a season to just hold a field whenever we play next week... this is pathetic. IFL???

M. - Most

F. - Forfeit

L. - League

Have the Riot forfeited this weekends game?

boys dont get me wrong i love playing in IFL but htings arent all great in this league either!

We play our games week in and week out at least...i mean on a rare occassion is there a forfiet. Now if we can just keep teams from folding at the begining of the season we will be good lol

I've had the opportunity to play and coach in a few different leagues (CRFL, LSFL, MCFL, MLFA, and now the IFL), and I can honestly say that every league had it's good points and each one had it's issues... That's to be expected - why? Because of the human element. Regardless of where teams go, you will ALWAYS have that.... I can understand teams switching leagues when it comes to geography, concerns over stability, or when they see a better fit somewhere else. But be careful when making those choices - the grass may seem greener, but we all know the moral of that story... And don't forget to look at yourself (team, organization, etc...) and analyze accordingly.

I have been apart of a few myself (mfl, Msfl, IFL, Tri-states) and I agree with you...I think there is a league for every team...One league might not be a good fit for one team but perfect for the next. I really enjoyed the MSFL. It was ran pretty good for the most part and the teams seemed to be competitive at the time I played with the Sabers. The only down fall for a southside indianapolis team was the travel. Being with the Broncos last year and the Cutters this year in the IFL just seems to be a better fit for me as a player since travel is limited...again for the most part...no thanks to the Mustangs lol...Again I agree with Tony on this that you have to look at yourself ( Team, players, etc) and make a decision from that and not on the issues that you have with the league because it can always get worse...

it kills me how all these mfl teams such as stampede and bearcats talk about how "great" they are,scared of the competition week in and out.