supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
question for wranglers

just wondering since you guys have a reputation of not showing up to playoff games if you guys are gonna screw the cutters over and not show???? esp since its known you are leaving the league. itd be nice if you guys could at least let the team know in advance so they can let fans know before they waste all that money.

Re: question for wranglers

I can asure you that the person that wrote this is not a Cutter....we are only thinking about the Shamrock game this weekend, so lets dead this issue very quickly...now if a player or WOW rep wants to get on here and help dead the issue by saying that this is just a rumor and if u so happen to play us that u will be there, then thats on you guys, but I asure u that it is not needed, not unwanted, but unneeded so you do as you feel....should be a very interesting weekend of football guys, lets enjoy it

umm to recollection i dont believe we have ever missed a playoff game....someone needs to get their facts straight

The only team that i know of that has missed a playoff game in the IFL is the Thunder last year. So yes get your facts straight. I am not part of the wranglers but i highly doubt they would miss a playoff game.

i have been a wrangler from opening game we have ever played and we have never not showed to a game. one time we forefited a game on our field due. to rain! so to answer your question- we will be there count on that!Ok and to follow up on your next comment, we have not decided to leave the ifl! i dont care for the reffs in the ifl and dont think we get a fair shake sometimes but we as a team havent decided anything and will not until after the season. I hope this sheds some light on your concerns, a player. which i doubt you really are!! All ya and if we arent showing , i need your number. i will call you first! All shoot i almost forgot i need to know your name, but we all know that isnt gonna happen.

Thank you for doing what you have done and as I stated before we as an organization have not even talked about who we will be facing in the playoffs due to the fact that we still have a game this weekend......i think this is just someone that is tryin to get ppl all up in arms over nothing....i mean we as a league have done a rather good job of tryin to keep this stuff down but sometimes it happens......

Don't forget the forteit for the wedding you guys went too.

Oh ya and "a player" there is one week left. so the pole position can change. So don't say screw over the Cutters when the league bracket for playoffs isn't even out yet.

i dont remebr a forfeit for a wedding. I think we discided on not playing in a scrimage for a wedding but no league game or playoff game. We did stop at half time agianst the cuuters when we played them with 16 players and 3 got hurt including our QB, man that still erks me we stopped the game but what u gonna do.To all the cutters we respect u guys and i am positive, A Player is not even a part of ur team . So good luck to u guys this weekend and good luck to all teams playing this weekend!!

that forfeit for a wedding was a preseason game...........lol

Get your facts straight rodich.

I am pretty sure it was you guys a couple years ago that all went to a wedding. If i am wrong sorry not trying to talk smack. Family and work over football.

im not for sure but i believe that was the cougars...i am from mercer co. and pretty much everyone here is related lol kinda sad

Yeah, that was ONLY a preseason game. That was OUR jamboree you guys bailed out on. What's funny is when we were told you weren't playing...JUST TWO DAYS PRIOR, you guys never said a word about a wedding. It was, "oh, the guys didn't want to take off of work."

Aren't most weddings planned MONTHS in advance??? You guys waited until that Thursday! I'll have to ask Troy, but I believe you guys still owe us $150 too, because we still had to pay for the officials.

So, don't think it's OK to bail out on preseason games...it is still BS regardless of when it is.

But I do believe, the Wranglers have never forfeited a playoff game. I think the only teams not to participate in the playoffs are the Thunder(last year), and the Pirates(2 years ago).

a player, there is more to the jamboree than us just not coming! when we said we would do it there were also another team involved for us to play besides the generals, who we played opening week in league. so things changed on who we were to play also, but lets focus just on something negative to throw out agianst the wranglers!

to shed some light ive been ifl 3 yrs wranglers awalys came over to play the thunder on other hand did forfeit thats why there not in league anymore well one of the reasons.. th ewow wedding issue is true but iffy.. but to the wow i was contacted by that great alliance football league they said 100% you and the blazers where leaving the ifl...wow are great bunch of guys i said earlier last year that they would be a sleeper this year they just needed up front help for sullivan5 but he got hurt and things went down hill.. so would someone from wow squash rumers of leaving the alliance league meeting is tommorow.. so i was wondering

i dont know why this is such a big huge deal. teams look at diffrent leagues and players look at diffrent teams and all that kindda thing all time in this leavel of football. I will tell u that spencer ,the team owner , and i had a talk last nite and he told me he was getting emails about some of my posts and if i ruffled some feathers - good. although i told him i may have been out of line , it wasnt my place to say anything about weather or not we are looking in to a league or staying or whatever since we dont know what we are dong and havent even talked about it much yet! So i will squash this with = we dont know what we are doing and we like were we are at right now and we like playing in the IFL. end of dicussion for now!!

well u should let the alliance knoe that the said to me flat out you and the blazers are leaving

No matter what is said on this site, someone will make it a big deal. If you say the sky is blue, some idiot will complain.

its squashed!!!!! we will let the ifl and the other league know whats goin when its time to. there is no reason to talk about this now cause no decisions are being made!!!! end of discussion

I will clear all of this up right now. The Wranglers cancelled out on the jamboree strictly because of all the players that called me and said they could not make it due to work or whatever reason they had. A couple days later one of our players posted that it was due to a wedding. I knew about the wedding before hand and there were only 1 possibly 2 wrangler players attending so it was not a problem. I talked to Troy and he knows that I did not want to back out of that game at all but had to given the situation I was in. Its been a long tough season for me this year dealing with the things I have going on, but I will stick to my word to pay the generals for the refs from my own pocket. The Generals will have my money at the meeting this weekend.

As far as changing leagues I have made no commitments to anyone. I am however going to attend a meeting to find out more info on a league. Which as a team President I have every right to do if there is a chance it will be better for my team. I have no issues with the IFL, just looking at options. Also to correct an earlier statement by someone, I did not recieve any emails directed specifically to me about leaving the league. Just a general email to all teams.

So there you go. Since everyone wants to air Wrangler business you might as well get it all from me.

Spencer, in my opinion, you guys have the right to do whatever you want to after this season is over. When you pay league fees at the beginning of the year, it is for one year, one year only, as long as you guys play your games for that year, once its over it doesn't matter what you do. Props for doing what is best for YOUR team.

WHAT!!!!! WHO SAID THE SKY IS BLUE? HUH!!!!! GET IT RIGHT! THE SKY IS GREEN.

Ok I understand why you guys canceled; for lack of players thats understood. But I feel this should have been taken care of last week. Now realize that we are all grown men (no boys) and we handle things differently. But I read this blog from top to bottom and I assured people that the wranglers would show from what was said; and stay in the league until season was over.

This is still business things should be done in order. Yes! Do what is best for your team, but don't let another team down at the last minute.

I hope you guys have a bless year; I will pray for your success in your new league.

Barry Grooms
Cutters #90

well put teammate....im not goin to go too far into it becuz i will just get really really, really upset....i told ppl the same thing....I guess you were wrong G-Rod.....lol
i do hope that all goes well for you guys in your new league....

Hey Cutters very sorry our team pussed out on you guys i was (am ready) to play!!! But you know this will be the last season i will put on their uniforms we quite at half time very pissed about that .... and 2 days befor the playoffs they give up... to let you all know some of us where ready for playing win or lose.... Again sorry about this weekend best of luck to you all.
Bigmike #71

we understand one a wranglepussy always a wranglepussy we frogive u. "NOT"

... and I am a retard!

i thought we had a team to come play, still think we could have! The team was split some to play some couldnt and some didnt wanna spend money for gas.The team owner made his decision and thats, that! I know for one i made about 20 phone calls and think we could have felded a team but the game was cancealed wednsday nite and as a partnership i told spencer id stick with his decesion to not play. All i know is if we are having a team we have some seriouse work to do and if we dont i may need a place to play next year. I feel bad for the wranglers players cuzz they have to face ppl calling them pussies and all that crap! If u all wanna call someone out call me out ill answer for things not the other players.Sorry to the league and to the cutters for what happened i am ashamed and embarassed for how we finished the season!

20 calls made after I called the game and to players that were not on our roster. I made the decision on wednesday because It was the earliest I found out we could not field a team. I wanted to give the cutters the heads up as soon as possible so they could possibly not have to pay for the field or anything else. I don't know if it helped them but I did not want to be a day of the game forfeit and definately screw them out money they would have to pay out on gameday. If I made the wrong choice I apologize but see it as the only thing I could do.